• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Cross posting from another site in case fw'ers have interest as well. Home Depot is clearing out their Black Friday HDX compressors online for $20 link. Problem is, when you add it to your cart, it's $49.88, so as of now you have to call in to order it, but still get it for $20 with free shipping to your home. Hold time for me was about 3 minutes.

This is a low quality, low capacity compressor. But at this price is still a very good deal if you are in the market for a low quality, low capacity compressor.

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

compressor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Delivered yesterday. Yeah!

retrac (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 9:19a) |

I know this thread is nearly two weeks old, but I thought I would share.
I went into my local Home Depot yesterday and th... (more)

derekjamesmarshall (Feb. 18, 2013 @ 1:29p) |

Thank you for your recent order!

Unfortunately, due to high demand, we are unable to fill your order on-line for 2034479... (more)

shampooguy (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 8:08a) |

I prefer my pancakes uncompressed.

Dead online.
Specs from Use & Care Manual

Running horsepower 0.25 HP
Air tank capacity 2 gal.
Air pressure 100 PSI max.
Air delivery 0.6 SCFM at 40 PSI; 0.7 SCFM at 90 PSI
Lubrication Oil -Free
Gauges (2) gauge 1.5 in. diameter
Input 120 V, 60 Hz, AC only, 2.3 Amps.
Net weight 14.3 lbs.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How easy/hard is it for this type of compressor to inflate a car tire?

Is that something you could use for car/bike tires?

wolfsmane said:   How easy/hard is it for this type of compressor to inflate a car tire?
Depends what type of tire. I have 37" tires and it takes about 20 seconds to drain the tank into a tire and you have to wait about 7 minutes to let it fill back up. Car tires im guessing it wouldn't be too bad just topping it off. I definitely would take apart all the air line fittings and apply plumbers tape, cause as it sits mine wouldn't hold pressure over night.

Maximum pressure is 100 PSI, so yes, it will work for cars and most bikes. If you have a road bike, you'll want to hang onto your floor pump to get it up to 110-120 PSI for some tires.

it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

Something like this would be good for blowing dust out of your computer
instead of using canned air as long as you don't use too much pressure.

khmer6 said:   it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

Well, it will also compress pancakes, apparently. Personally, I like my pancakes fluffy, but YMMV.

wordgirl said:   khmer6 said:   it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

Well, it will also compress pancakes, apparently. Personally, I like my pancakes fluffy, but YMMV.

That joke was waffle.

i asked wordgirl out for pancakes but she thought i was a crepe

leroys1000 said:   Something like this would be good for blowing dust out of your computer
instead of using canned air as long as you don't use too much pressure.

i know some compressors need some type of water filter so you don't end up giving your pc a fine mist shower, if that is what you want to do with it.

$20, totally worth it just to have in the house for blowing out computers!!

this would be fine for blowing out computers, it won't create enough moisture to be a problem.

I have a weakness for buying compressors, and actually have one very similar to this from a past deal. As said, it is not good for much, but for the price is probably worth it for someone who doesn't have anything at all. It will fill a tire, but very slowly and quite possibly burn up before you filled a big truck tire from 25-45psi. It most likely is just an inflator (one of those little compressors you plug in to a cigarette lighter) with a tank. The one I have like this sits in the basement to blow out computers, furnace, etc.

if you have any intentions of using it for more than the most basic things, save your money and put it towards a used-better one on CL.

Thx! Got one.

been on hold now for 20 minutes

Calling worked. Thanks Op.

Will this take cheap IHOPs and compress them into blinis?

In4-1.

The guy on the phone said they have over 100 left.

StevenColorado said:   wordgirl said:   khmer6 said:   it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

That joke was waffle.

It syrup was.

Got one! Thanks OP

Great. Bought some as gifts for family.

Got one, the rep had to get a supervisor approval for the pricematch but that took about 45 seconds

Thanks OP.

In for 1.

About a 10 minute hold, with another 5'er in the middle for the CSR to get the manager to approve the transaction.

Worth the time on hold for this deal. She told me up to 3 days to process order, another 3 to 5 for shipping. Sweet.

I just placed an order online for the $49.88 and the chat representative will send me an adjustment in 24 hours

no hold time
easy phone order
$20 + tax shipped

no problem ordered one.Made by Husky with a two year warranty

Specs from Use & Care Manual

Running horsepower 0.25 HP
Air tank capacity 2 gal.
Air pressure 100 PSI max.
Air delivery 0.6 SCFM at 40 PSI; 0.7 SCFM at 90 PSI
Lubrication Oil -Free
Gauges (2) gauge 1.5 in. diameter
Input 120 V, 60 Hz, AC only, 2.3 Amps.
Net weight 14.3 lbs.

As the OP said ... pretty weak.

Specs seem to be screwed up ...
* Lower SCFM at 40 vs. 90
* 3 gallon compressor with 2 gallon capacity

called number in cart and the guy was awesome. Said deal would be gone tomorrow-Easy order

Called and they picked up before the online chat could. N42 as they work well for a small duster at the bench. Not really any moisture issue unless you are using it in a non vented area and it overheats. I just use these type for very small dust off jobs and never to try and inflate more than one tire in a fifteen minute period.

They know these are mis priced but selling them anyway- going fast- best hurry

Thanks! Grabbed 1 without much effort.

Thanks OP & all posters. Just ordered mine $20 plus 6% sales tax free shipping. CSR said this HDX brand is actually a Husky Brand compressor. So we'll see how good this is. I already have a similar one from last year I paid $50 ; but this deal was just too good to pass up !

yeah, why not.

Ordered Online. showed as $20 but in cart said $49.88. Chatted online with rep and he said he would lower price with FREE shipping.

OOS online now.

To be honest this is going to be practically useless beyond blowing up balloons and maybe one of those exercise balls but it should inflate regular bikes, wheelbarrows and maybe blow some dust off work pieces. However, I got one, HD knows is a mistake but is still honoring it anyway. I think this is the compressor i will be 'lending' to neighbors.

I had some HD GCs to burn so I picked up three of these this afternoon after seeing the deal on that other deal site. It was fortunate that my local HD had 12 of these because I went through 10 of them before finding 3 that were not either damaged or clearly open returns. It took 15 minutes of persuading before the store manager agreed to PM the online price. These are definitely not made by Husky as someone above implied. The air output is very weak and they are very noisy when compared to other sub $100 pancake compressors and I seriously doubt they will run any type of nailer other than a perhaps a small braid nailer for any amount of time. However, overall for $20 they are still a good deal. The accessory kits alone sell for that much at Harbor Freight.

Customer service said just a few left.. call now or miss out!

just got off the phone with CSR They are all out!

going to local store. they have 7 at $20

Skipping 55 Messages...
Thank you for your recent order!

Unfortunately, due to high demand, we are unable to fill your order on-line for 203447912-3-Gal. Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with 13-Piece Accessory Kit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and invite you to browse our web site for an updated list of available items you may be interested in.

If you would like assistance in replacing your order for an alternative item, please feel free to contact us at Home Depot Customer Service 1-800-430-3376. One of our helpful associates will be happy to help. The above mentioned order number will be cancelled and your credit card have not been charged for the order.

Thank You for shopping with The Home Depot!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014