• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Thanks, OP! Got one in Slidell, LA, using online ordering/in-store pickup. They ARE loud, and they ARE slow, but keeping that in mind, this is a great deal.

Ordered yesterday, received confirmation then bakorder 6 hrs later. Found 2 a few miles away and ordered for store pickup, received comfirmation then cancellation 12 minutes later followed by a phone call. I stated dotcom had current inventory for B&M to which her reply was "our inventory is off, the mgr has adjusted it". Believe I just got screwed.

Apparently stock numbers aren't updated until an online order is picked up. This morning at 7am my local store showed 2 in stock. I ordered. Still 2 in stock. Went to pick my compressor up. 2 were sitting at Customer Service, one with my name on it. Picked mine up, came home. Now 1 shows in stock even though there are none actually in stock.

One of the local HDs listed 6 in stock this morning so I ordered 1 for pickup. They leave me a message that the 3 gal one I ordered isn't available, but they will upgrade me to a 3.5 gal if I wanted. Later I get an email that indicates they substituted a 3.5 gal (UPC 885911288712) model and it's ready to pickup. Can't seem to find much info about this one on Google, but it doesn't seem to come with the accessory kit. Is it worth picking this up and spending $13 more to get the accessory kit at Harbor Freight?

I don't really need one right now, but it's one of those things where it's better to have and not need, rather than need and not have. Like Monday morning at 7am with a flat tire in the driveway. I've tried those cheap 12V $5-$10 compressors at the auto parts stores and they're almost useless unless you're just trying to fill up a slightly low tire.

KuoH

KuoH said:   One of the local HDs listed 6 in stock this morning so I ordered 1 for pickup. They leave me a message that the 3 gal one I ordered isn't available, but they will upgrade me to a 3.5 gal if I wanted. Later I get an email that indicates they substituted a 3.5 gal (UPC 885911288712) model and it's ready to pickup.

that should be this one. It's not a super quality P/C, but if you can get it for $20 grab it and put it on Craigs List for $50, or keep it. It's probably a better compressor than the one you were trying to buy

retrac said:   Ordered yesterday, received confirmation then bakorder 6 hrs later. Found 2 a few miles away and ordered for store pickup, received comfirmation then cancellation 12 minutes later followed by a phone call. I stated dotcom had current inventory for B&M to which her reply was "our inventory is off, the mgr has adjusted it". Believe I just got screwed.

So does the backorder email mean I won't ever get it?

excoriatorb said:   StevenColorado said:   wordgirl said:   khmer6 said:   it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

Well, it will also compress pancakes, apparently. Personally, I like my pancakes fluffy, but YMMV.

That joke was waffle.

It syrup was.

You butter stop that now!

went online yesterday, out of the four HD stores in the area, only one had stock (2), ordered online and picked up a few hours later. thx op!

Picked one up in Atlanta yesterday, thanks!

StevenColorado said:   wordgirl said:   khmer6 said:   it looks like it is only good for pumping tires and blowing dust. for 20 bucks, its worth it.

Well, it will also compress pancakes, apparently. Personally, I like my pancakes fluffy, but YMMV.

That joke was waffle.

I think that means crepes then, flat pancakes...

ECereal said:   retrac said:   Ordered yesterday, received confirmation then bakorder 6 hrs later. Found 2 a few miles away and ordered for store pickup, received comfirmation then cancellation 12 minutes later followed by a phone call. I stated dotcom had current inventory for B&M to which her reply was "our inventory is off, the mgr has adjusted it". Believe I just got screwed.

So does the backorder email mean I won't ever get it?
I saw this earlier and was going to respond differently but can now tell you I received a shipped confirmation 1.5 hrs ago. Good luck to all!

Mine just got delivered, thanks OP!

Delivered yesterday. Yeah!

I know this thread is nearly two weeks old, but I thought I would share.
I went into my local Home Depot yesterday and they still had a couple units on the shelf marked down to $15.00.

Thank you for your recent order!

Unfortunately, due to high demand, we are unable to fill your order on-line for 203447912-3-Gal. Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor with 13-Piece Accessory Kit. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and invite you to browse our web site for an updated list of available items you may be interested in.

If you would like assistance in replacing your order for an alternative item, please feel free to contact us at Home Depot Customer Service 1-800-430-3376. One of our helpful associates will be happy to help. The above mentioned order number will be cancelled and your credit card have not been charged for the order.

Thank You for shopping with The Home Depot!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014