• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Norton Triple Bundle 2013/Utilities 16/ Ghost V.15 is Free After Rebate @ frys.com.

Offer valid from 1/30/2013 to 2/7/2013. Free Shipping.

Member Summary

Norton Internet Security 2013 (36.08kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Please keep us up-to-date on any response that you get from them. This is definitely a big problem. Thanks.

roy7736 (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 4:57p) |

Parago has been feeding us lies for years. I will be trying to get Parago for fraud. Just wait and see.

Joshy1 (Feb. 14, 2013 @ 2:26p) |

FWIW, both of my rebates have been approved. I haven't been churning, selling or buying multiple copies or anything lik... (more)

LukFilm (Feb. 19, 2013 @ 3:55p) |

Norton Triple Bundle 2013/Utilities 16/ Ghost V.15 (7507386) = $74.99
$50 MIR (13-46081)
$25 MIR Upgrade (13-46082)
  • Also categorized in:

Norton rebates ... avoid .. not a "hot" deal anymore nowadays

Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

I haven't had a problem till date. As a matter of fact the pre-paid cards arrive on time also. Hoping I don't have a problem this time

paste the following into Google search -- Symantec Rebates - "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process"
see first result

ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

Start reading here. If this is the only copy of Norton Internet Security you plan to purchase all year then you'll be fine but within the past 3 wks Parago has been rejecting rebates if one has previously submitted a rebate for the same title.

This is my first one for 2013. Hope it goes well.

LL412 said:   paste the following into Google search -- Symantec Rebates - "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process"
see first result

Thank you. Didn't know-

my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

Start reading here. If this is the only copy of Norton Internet Security you plan to purchase all year then you'll be fine but within the past 3 wks Parago has been rejecting rebates if one has previously submitted a rebate for the same title.

Actually if you read the through several sites discussing this recent issue the current consensus derrived from those who have actually spoke to Symantec consumer relations and were told they were blacklisted is that the recent rejections are related to those who resold their Symantec product(s) and the buyer(s) activated those Symantec product(s) with different info than the info submitted on the rebate form vs simply a rejection previously submitting a rebate with the same title. Symantec has had this no reseller exclusion on all their rebates for some time now. However , it seems in the past moth they have implemented some sort of electronic verification in a flawed attempt to enforce it. Bottom line don't resell or give away your Symantec product(s) or at least not until you receive your rebate(s).

cnIsfg said:   

Actually if you read the through several sites discussing this recent issue the current consensus derrived from those who have actually spoke to Symantec consumer relations and were told they were blacklisted is that the recent rejections are related to those who resold their Symantec product(s) and the buyer(s) activated those Symantec product(s) with different info than the info submitted on the rebate form vs simply a rejection previously submitting a rebate with the same title. Symantec has had this no reseller exclusion on all their rebates for some time now. However , it seems in the past moth they have implemented some sort of electronic verification in a flawed attempt to enforce it. Bottom line don't resell or give away your Symantec product(s) or at least not until you receive your rebate(s).

That's good to know, as I have been doing that since it doesn't take much time and it allows me a bit more spending money. I've checked and all of the rebates I sent in December/January have been approved and/or shipped, I've only done Newegg rebates and none from fry's (which seem to be where most people are having trouble with, don't know if it there is any correlation). I'm just glad I haven't been blacklisted... yet.

cnisfg - really? i haven't read that part. so they're comparing the activation address to the address for the rebate? maybe they should just do it like Total Defense, "activation required for rebate"

cnIsfg said:   my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

Where in the law does it state that a product that you "purchase" that has a rebate can not be resold? If that was the case, these manufacturers would be contacting the merchants and having them pull the listings off from their websites. Rebates is a huge money maker for companies, otherwise, they would not be putting these promotions out there. Parago has been playing games and indirectly attempting to steal money from people who submit rebates for years with the way they have been invalidating rebates claiming something was missing. I had Parago invalidate rebates in the past claiming something was missing when that wasn't even a requirement for that particular promotion. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have a rebate rejected by Parago claiming something was missing. Don't just sit back and do nothing. Complain to the retailers (Frys, Newegg, etc) and file complaints with the FTC and AG. The only rebate fulfillment company that I ever had trouble with was Parago because they are crooks. Parago's game will come to an end.

How about somebody copy/paste what the rebate policy states? If only 1/yr is allowed then those reselling are starting to give Synamtec a bad rap for rightfully rejecting those who are perhaps breaking the policy. So what's the policy?

cnIsfg said:   my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

Symantec doesn't ask for the serial number on the rebate form like Smith Micro does, so they would have no way of matching serial numbers with rebates. Instead, they could have employees go onto auction sites & buy Symantec products that are listed as missing the UPC, and then they have the seller's contact info so they can go in to that person's rebates & invalidate all of them. Don't know if they're actually doing that, but it is a possibility.

Free after 2 rebates - one which is an upgrade rebate. Not everyone is eligible for the second rebate. The title and original post don't mention anything about the second rebate and it's terms.

Not a hot deal anymore?? What's hotter than free? Are they supposed to pay me to use it?

It's probably not hot if you intend to collect the refund and then resell it. Norton is sometimes refusing to honor the rebates of people who have done that in the past.

roy7736 said:   cnIsfg said:   my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

Symantec doesn't ask for the serial number on the rebate form like Smith Micro does, so they would have no way of matching serial numbers with rebates. Instead, they could have employees go onto auction sites & buy Symantec products that are listed as missing the UPC, and then they have the seller's contact info so they can go in to that person's rebates & invalidate all of them. Don't know if they're actually doing that, but it is a possibility.

Then they would be paying twice for the product, I doubt they would go through that trouble. I think if what cnIsfg posted is true, then it is simply a matter of cross referencing multiple rebate submissions under a given name, address, etc., and finding few if any Symantec products registered to that rebate name, address, etc. Then you just flag that individual for the future.

roy7736 said:   Symantec doesn't ask for the serial number on the rebate form like Smith Micro does, so they would have no way of matching serial numbers with rebates. Instead, they could have employees go onto auction sites & buy Symantec products that are listed as missing the UPC, and then they have the seller's contact info so they can go in to that person's rebates & invalidate all of them. Don't know if they're actually doing that, but it is a possibility.

All kinds of people out there. A PO Box as the return address prevents any crazy eBayers from showing up at your doorstep. Symantec won't be able to link a PO Box return address to any rebate submissions.

Actually if you read the through several sites discussing this recent issue the current consensus derrived from those who have actually spoke to Symantec consumer relations and were told they were blacklisted

BS You work for Norton ? CSR's are CLUELESS and cannot help. Get the facts.
If Norton wants to limit rebates, THEN THEY SHOULD STATE HOW MANY YOU CAN DO, NOT RIP YOU OFF WHEN THEY SEE FIT !!!!!!!!
Why do they hide behind "audit", and not just state why ?
I don't trust this company anymore. Looks like another Best Buy in the makes to me.

Norton 2013 is a POS anyway. I had to reimage my machine because it screwed Firefox up so bad with its security addon. Norton is weeks behind when Firefox updates, and it causes a lot of problems all the time when Firefox updates.

This is a silly figment of someone's imagination. How does Symantec match activation codes to rebate submissions? In any case you have been forewarned - if you have been doing many Symantec rebates, you are risking it. I had my batch submitted on Jan 27 rejected. Everyone of them - NAV, NIS, N360, NIS/NG/NU... I hear these shenanigans started in mid-January or so. Yes, I had been doing a lot of Symantec rebates. No more.

blueribb said:   Free after 2 rebates - one which is an upgrade rebate. Not everyone is eligible for the second rebate. The title and original post don't mention anything about the second rebate and it's terms.They take a photocopy of a CD from a previous product from a number of different companies. If you do not have said CD, or cannot find it on the Internet in 5 minutes, then you do not deserve to get the rebate.

doublehelix747 said:   cnIsfg said:   my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

This is a silly figment of someone's imagination. How does Symantec match activation codes to rebate submissions? In any case you have been forewarned - if you have been doing many Symantec rebates, you are risking it. I had my batch submitted on Jan 27 rejected. Everyone of them - NAV, NIS, N360, NIS/NG/NU... I hear these shenanigans started in mid-January or so. Yes, I had been doing a lot of Symantec rebates. No more.

FYI: My invalid "audit" rebates started with the ones that I mailed in on Jan. 19th.

doublehelix747 said:   cnIsfg said:   my4mainecoons said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Really? They have always been reliable for me. Did something change? Do you mean "the entire end-flap" and not "the upc" thing?

You are just going to crawl under a rock and let then not pay to what you are entitled? That is exactly what they want everyone to do. As I stated before, contact the retailer (Frys, Newegg, etc) and complain to them. I was told by Frys that they have received many complaints regarding this issue and that Frys buyers and upper management will be looking into this issue. Again, contact them and complain.

I filed a complaint with the State Attorney Generals Office.
Contacted Frys informing them and asking for a return even though its after 30 days. No response yet.
Maybe it can turn into a class action as they are judging without any evidence.

This makes no sense. What if I bought the software as a gift and the giftee activated the product? Am I not entitled to get the rebate? Methinks there's a different reason that rebates are being rejected.

I had trouble with them some years back and stopped using their product as a result! I always double check all instructions for rebates (which I did the first year.) The next year I triple checked the rebates. But I was also rejected on the rebate the following year. I don't remember exactly what their reasons were but it did not make sense at the time. So they are on my black list. LOL not that Symantec cares.

In the Fry's thread, someone is talking about going to small claim as a last result.

As mentioned..the seller "matching" theory makes no sense...just in the simple fact they don't require the serial number. The UPC's (per that specific rebate) are all the same. If they can just match a rebate submission to each individual computer a person installs it to...there are bigger issues to worry about.

ZenNUTS said:   In the Fry's thread, someone is talking about going to small claim as a last result.

Obviously...since that's an opinion in any civil matter.

i have been chatting with Parago customer care since past few days and this is there response

The rebate was denied due to multiple rebate requests, not submitting all qualifying materials, exceeding household limit or a breach of the terms & conditions.

i just escalated it to their corporate office

lets see how it works out

damnyou said:   i have been chatting with Parago customer care since past few days and this is there response

The rebate was denied due to multiple rebate requests, not submitting all qualifying materials, exceeding household limit or a breach of the terms & conditions.

Please keep us up-to-date on any response that you get from them. This is definitely a big problem. Thanks.

damnyou said:   i have been chatting with Parago customer care since past few days and this is there response

Parago has been feeding us lies for years. I will be trying to get Parago for fraud. Just wait and see.

FWIW, both of my rebates have been approved. I haven't been churning, selling or buying multiple copies or anything like that, just buy once a year for personal use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014