SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD $164 @ Adoroma

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD for $164... Normally $199. This is the best price I could find.

Linky

SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD), SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read

Good Review

Adorama
See Adorama promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD (302.36kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Also gets pretty good consumer reviews at Newegg & Amazon

Ive had this drive since last Dec and its been rock solid in my gaming rig (i7 on Win7 Ultimate x64) . Ive only had one computer freeze during in that time and that was in "sleep mode" only (all other sleep mode times have been fine) , keep in mind Iam still on the older R201 firmware (and have yet to getting around to to updating it).

All around good solid unit imo .

Amazon has this for $162.88

czarandy said:   Amazon has this for $162.88


1 left in stock.

stereo55 said:   Ive had this drive since last Dec and its been rock solid in my gaming rig (i7 on Win7 Ultimate x64) . Ive only had one computer freeze during in that time and that was in "sleep mode" only (all other sleep mode times have been fine) , keep in mind Iam still on the older R201 firmware (and have yet to getting around to to updating it).

All around good solid unit imo .


You should disable Sleep Mode/Hibernate when using an SSD.

Amazon shows $198.99 for me

JTausTX said:   
You should disable Sleep Mode/Hibernate when using an SSD.


umm.... why?

josejohn said:   JTausTX said:   
You should disable Sleep Mode/Hibernate when using an SSD.


umm.... why?


Hibernation mode was designed as a way for hard drives to quickly resume operations. Since SSDs are so much faster than HDDs, there is no benefit here. Perhaps more importantly, hibernation mode (when enabled) reserves 2.5 GB of drive space that could be better used for other purposes. Check out this link for all the info you need on this (and other) optimization techniques: http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-o...

Hibernation is step 7.

Link seems to be back to $199.95. Looks dead.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014