Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Canon PowerShot S100
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like Canon screwed up once again. The S95 is still holding better value.

limocad said:   Looks like Canon screwed up once again. The S95 is still holding better value.

Why Canon screwed up once again?

Nice camera, ok price. It's been lower on a few occasions (I bought it for $230 back in november and hit that price a couple of times in December, refurb from Canon has been as low as $180).

As for the S95, I've definitely read reviews favoring one or the other. The reason the price for S95 is higher is because it's still a great camera and been discontinued a long time ago, where as the S110 replaced S100 very recently so there's more inventory left to be clearanced. I definitely saw S95 in the sub-$200 range in the past, though it's been a while. If you just go based price, the S90 is $500 on Amazon (link) and you might think that's the best one of them all.

Yuyak said:   Nice camera, ok price. It's been lower on a few occasions (I bought it for $230 back in november and hit that price a couple of times in December, refurb from Canon has been as low as $180).

As for the S95, I've definitely read reviews favoring one or the other. The reason the price for S95 is higher is because it's still a great camera and been discontinued a long time ago, where as the S110 replaced S100 very recently so there's more inventory left to be clearanced. I definitely saw S95 in the sub-$200 range in the past, though it's been a while. If you just go based price, the S90 is $500 on Amazon (link) and you might think that's the best one of them all.

Are you meaning the S90 is still better than the S95?

ep11365 said:   Yuyak said:   Nice camera, ok price. It's been lower on a few occasions (I bought it for $230 back in november and hit that price a couple of times in December, refurb from Canon has been as low as $180).

Are you meaning the S90 is still better than the S95?
No, not at all. I'm just saying that limocad's logic that S95 > S100 because the S95 costs probably isn't good reasoning, given that S90 costs even more. Whether S95 is better than S100 is debatable, but the reasoning didn't make sense.

I've owned the S90, S100. My g/f has S95.
Spec and feature wise, S100 is way better than S95.
IQ in reality, my personal thought only, S95 is much better.
Sad though.

pianoCM said:   I've owned the S90, S100. My g/f has S95.
Spec and feature wise, S100 is way better than S95.
IQ in reality, my personal thought only, S95 is much better.
Sad though.

S95 IQ is better than S100 in what ways?

Pretty much in every way. I am NOT a professional photographer, I am just a normal person who mostly set "AUTO" and take shots.
It is what I've seen based on my OWN personal thought.
I think I still have some pics that taken at the same time, at the same angle, same situation, but using different camera.
Maybe it's just me, maybe I got the defected unit, I don't know.
Give me sometime and I'll upload pics to compare.

review

very happy with my s100 that I bought at $229 a few months back.$249 is the going price right now as it is replaced by the 110....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014