• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sony CDP-CX355 300 Disc MegaStorage CD Changer only $139.97
300 Disc MegaStorage CD Changer

J&R is carrying this 300 Disc MegaStorage CD Changer for $149.97
Apply $10 off $100 coupon code "ATJANDR" on it (Expires 02/10/2013)
Shipping is Free on $49.00 or more
Final Price: $149.97 - $10 = $139.97 + Free Shipping

Compare: Amazon.com ($159.29) | pcRUSH.com ($186.84) | TigerDirect.com ($189.67) | Adorama.com ($193.04)

Member Summary

Sony CDP-CX355 (55.62kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I actually kinda agree with your sentiment, but you must feel pretty strongly about it. This was your 19th post in 7 yea... (more)

shahnm (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 11:15p) |

Or I could buy a 200GB hard drive, which is roughly the same amount of space.

swandown (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 11:45p) |

Whats a cd again?

Raindr0ps (Feb. 10, 2013 @ 12:33a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

LOL..i don't even use my blu ray anymore let alone a 20 year old technology!!

It seems like to make this useful it should have some kind of network connection and id the cds for you? or is that on the cd?

dafuq is a CD?

TristianX said:   dafuq is a CD?That is just ignorance and no sense of history.

Out of date!! Wonder who's need it nowaday?

personally i think cd still sounds better than mp3 formatted.

tydas said:   LOL..i don't even use my blu ray anymore let alone a 20 year old technology!!

It seems like to make this useful it should have some kind of network connection and id the cds for you? or is that on the cd?

I remember looking into this machine years ago. The only way to enter the CD name is through a (PS/2) keyboard or the remote control

Seriously, just rip the damn things and put them on a PC.

I remember seriously contemplating speding $600 on this thing years ago...

On a nice receiver with a cd player with good dacs attached by a stereo cable, CDs still sound extremely good.

pass on the changer, doesn't seem to be anything special on the digital to analog

I can't believe something like this is considered retro now! Would be a royal pain to the load the carousel.

I had one of the 200-disc changers back and gave it away (mostly full of CDs too) a year or two ago after it sat unused for several years.

I don't mean to TC...but for about the same price you can buy a (small, portable, battery-powered) MP3 player that will hold also hold ~300 CDs.

I guess if you insist on listening to CDs it's handy. If it's anything like the one I had, it's quite slow to change CDs...though at the time was 10000x easier than doing it by hand.

I guess if you have a lot of store bought or lossless cd's and a relly nice home stereo this might be worth it, but I would still rip the cds to a cheap computer and use that. This might be a hot deal if it was $35.

Reots said:   On a nice receiver with a cd player with good dacs attached by a stereo cable, CDs still sound extremely good.

pass on the changer, doesn't seem to be anything special on the digital to analog

Sure, I'll toss $2600 at a system to play a few CDs - not including the $2000 you probably want to spend on speakers. Did you confuse this with the "Extremely Thin Wallet" site?

I actually have one of these....right now it's acting as a base for a 3 cubic ft mini fridge (I didn't want the compressor resting on carpet). lol

I had one of these years ago. It served its purpose and worked well. I burned mp3's into cd's and filled it with a bunch of music. It was a great way to play my mp3 collection on my Hifi HT setup. If you have a cd collection and don't have a networked device attached to your Hifi setup, this is a good alternative OR if you don't want to dedicate a mp3 player for the purpose.

I would LOVE to buy a Blu-ray version of this device, if it was under $300!

Yeah this is old tech......next thing you know they will be selling record players.

sloth911 said:   I had one of these years ago. It served its purpose and worked well. I burned mp3's into cd's and filled it with a bunch of music. It was a great way to play my mp3 collection on my Hifi HT setup. If you have a cd collection and don't have a networked device attached to your Hifi setup, this is a good alternative OR if you don't want to dedicate a mp3 player for the purpose.

I would LOVE to buy a Blu-ray version of this device, if it was under $300!

Same here. But unfortunately.....
http://www.frys.com/product/6075388

The 90s called. They want their Technology back. I spose it is useful for those who have never heard of a $50 Ipod...

An iPod? Seriously? Some of you people wouldn't recognize good sound if it bit you in the ear.

JohnHaj said:   An iPod? Seriously? Some of you people wouldn't recognize good sound if it bit you in the ear.

I actually kinda agree with your sentiment, but you must feel pretty strongly about it. This was your 19th post in 7 years!

Or I could buy a 200GB hard drive, which is roughly the same amount of space.

Whats a cd again?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014