• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sony 32GB class 10 SDHC
Disclaimer
These are great cards for HD video cameras or RAW photos.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845973-REG/Sony_sf32nx_tqm...

Same card costs $24 at Amazon.

Member Summary

sdhc
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks in for 2.

Was hoping for micro. I has a sad now...

I just bought one last night before the discount for $17.95. Great price.

looks like their reg price of $17.99 is a pretty good deal. This is even BETTER!!!

•Max. Read Speed: 22MB/s
•Min. Write Speed: 10MB/s
Is that right? For a Class 10 card???
I just realized after I bought 2 seems low speeds.

In for 3. Thanks op.

cyberpitstop said:   •Max. Read Speed: 22MB/s

Minimum spec for class 10 is 10MB/s (both read and write)
Really high-speed cards will have UHS ratings, but your camera needs to have UHS support to really take advantage of that.

johnny98 said:   cyberpitstop said:   •Max. Read Speed: 22MB/s

Minimum spec for class 10 is 10MB/s (both read and write)
Really high-speed cards will have UHS ratings, but your camera needs to have UHS support to really take advantage of that.
Thanks for the info!!

Not the fastest, but in for 1 anyhow. Always handy to have them for P&S even if they'd slow down a DSLR shooting RAW.

ciscoopa said:   Not the fastest, but in for 1 anyhow. Always handy to have them for P&S even if they'd slow down a DSLR shooting RAW.

It's a class 10 card. It's fast but not as fast as SanDisk Ultra..

rockymast said:   ciscoopa said:   Not the fastest, but in for 1 anyhow. Always handy to have them for P&S even if they'd slow down a DSLR shooting RAW.

It's a class 10 card. It's fast but not as fast as SanDisk Ultra..

SanDisk Ultra has about the same write speed as the Sony. SanDisk Extreme is faster.

cyberpitstop said:   •Max. Read Speed: 22MB/s
Many other manufacturers' Class 10 cards have significantly better write performance, typically in the range of 15-18 MBps. This Sorny card isn't the best for capturing burst shots with high end cameras.
Sandisk used to all be above 18MBps write speed, but they've recently introduced a bottom-of-the-barrel card that only gets 11MBps writes.

I figure I use one as a backup as opposed to a USB drive; I don't like having to plug/unplug those thumb drives. I can keep the SD card in my laptop all the time. Am I missing any disadvantages here?

Is this ideal for the Canon HD Camcorder from FW deal a month ago?

jaymez619 said:   I figure I use one as a backup as opposed to a USB drive; I don't like having to plug/unplug those thumb drives. I can keep the SD card in my laptop all the time. Am I missing any disadvantages here?

Interesting that you should mention this. Just this morning I was researching a similar idea of using one in conjunction with Win 8 File History. Since I don't use much of my hard disk the capacity should not be an issue. After looking around a bit the only downside I have found so far seems to be a somewhat higher failure potential. We don't want to depend on it as our sole backup media but the same thing would go for a USB.

ETA: USB 2.0 480 Mbit/s vs. Read Speed 22 MB/s max. Write Speed10 MB/s min might also be a consideration.

Thanks, these will work great for my raspberry pi!

jaymez619 said:   I figure I use one as a backup as opposed to a USB drive; I don't like having to plug/unplug those thumb drives. I can keep the SD card in my laptop all the time. Am I missing any disadvantages here?

Easy theft of data, if unencrypted...

2cheap2eat said:   Is this ideal for the Canon HD Camcorder from FW deal a month ago?
Yes. I have this card in my Canon Vixia HF R20 and it works fine, even at the highest data recording speed (MXP).
I can pull camcorder files off the card with a USB2 reader at 19MBps (~8GB in 7 minutes).

ETA - Canon manual says you can use Class 4, 6, or 10 (see page 36).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.