• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Refurbished Jawbone Icon HD Bluetooth Headset @ Groupon - $29.00
was $99.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Feb 10, 2013 11:59pm


(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)


Member Summary

Refurbished Jawbone Icon HD Bluetooth Headset
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I keep losing these. Thank goodness they're cheap. I'd pay a lot more for an Icon HD than $30...

just ordered; they have good reviews. they are manufactured refurbished so there's little risk

I get grossed out about the fact that these have been in someone else's ear.

jwengerd said:   I get grossed out about the fact that these have been in someone else's ear.

When I saw the post, I was in, I read your comment and am out.

jwengerd said:   I get grossed out about the fact that these have been in someone else's ear.

Thy come with 6 foam rubber ear pieces that are new.

In for two. Thanks OP.

great deal OP!

jwengerd said:   I get grossed out about the fact that these have been in someone else's ear.

The parts that enter your ear are all brand new rubber. The only part that might have touched someone's body is the exterior parts.

asuka said:   I keep losing these. Thank goodness they're cheap. I'd pay a lot more for an Icon HD than $30...

A simple solution could be a dedicated place for it. Two if u must and try only leave it in these place. Like my cell n keys, I always keep the two go together and both either in my jacket pocket or near the front door. Before I leave the house I make sure I have these two with me.

And maybe clean house to find all ur missing junks.

I kinda agree with the gross part. The rubber can be change but the wax can get in the hole of the speaker. Would alcohol kill the speaker if spray in there?

WorkerAnt said:   asuka said:   I keep losing these. Thank goodness they're cheap. I'd pay a lot more for an Icon HD than $30...

A simple solution could be a dedicated place for it. Two if u must and try only leave it in these place. Like my cell n keys, I always keep the two go together and both either in my jacket pocket or near the front door. Before I leave the house I make sure I have these two with me.

And maybe clean house to find all ur missing junks.

I kinda agree with the gross part. The rubber can be change but the wax can get in the hole of the speaker. Would alcohol kill the speaker if spray in there?


I hit Platinum tier on IHG in the two months of 2012 alone (and no, not by having their credit card). I traveled by car something like 40,000 (edit: 40, just checked my IRS logs) miles last year. "One place" doesn't really work for my use case

No, I'm not a trucker. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night (seriously).

Usually the darn thing gets lost because it stays on my ear for too long, and I put it down on a table somewhere, and it's not worth the time to go back and retrieve. Icon's are $20 refurbed, and usually mine have a hole in the rubber by the time I lose them.

Edit: Yes, alcohol could kill the speaker. And the dual mics too, since one is catching jaw vibrations. This is why the rubber part must contact with your ear for a Jawbone to work properly... it works just like a throat mic.

Edit: Bacteria usually dies within 48 hours of human contact. Flu virus dies typically within at eight hours. Even if a few cells fell through the mesh, I wouldn't worry about that. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the mesh was replaced due to refurbishing laws on earpieces. Really no risk from that small a concentration of dead human cells, even if it fell right out right through your ear

asuka said:   WorkerAnt said:   asuka said:   I keep losing these. Thank goodness they're cheap. I'd pay a lot more for an Icon HD than $30...

A simple solution could be a dedicated place for it. Two if u must and try only leave it in these place. Like my cell n keys, I always keep the two go together and both either in my jacket pocket or near the front door. Before I leave the house I make sure I have these two with me.

And maybe clean house to find all ur missing junks.

I kinda agree with the gross part. The rubber can be change but the wax can get in the hole of the speaker. Would alcohol kill the speaker if spray in there?


I hit Platinum tier on IHG in the two months of 2012 alone (and no, not by having their credit card). I traveled by car something like 40,000 (edit: 40, just checked my IRS logs) miles last year. "One place" doesn't really work for my use case

No, I'm not a trucker. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night (seriously).

Usually the darn thing gets lost because it stays on my ear for too long, and I put it down on a table somewhere, and it's not worth the time to go back and retrieve. Icon's are $20 refurbed, and usually mine have a hole in the rubber by the time I lose them.

Edit: Yes, alcohol could kill the speaker. And the dual mics too, since one is catching jaw vibrations. This is why the rubber part must contact with your ear for a Jawbone to work properly... it works just like a throat mic.

Edit: Bacteria usually dies within 48 hours of human contact. Flu virus dies typically within at eight hours. Even if a few cells fell through the mesh, I wouldn't worry about that. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the mesh was replaced due to refurbishing laws on earpieces. Really no risk from that small a concentration of dead human cells, even if it fell right out right through your ear


Even if you might be grossed out, just think that ear wax might be beneficial. Here's a great article that mentions it


New Yorker said: He spoke almost wistfully, as if recalling an antiquated practice, like bloodletting. Despite repeated treatments, the man’s ear had not improved. But on this day he walked into the clinic with a smile, and Goldberg soon saw why: the ear looked great. “I have not felt this well in years,’’ the patient said. “Do you want to know what I did?” The doctor assumed that one of the drugs had finally found its mark. “I took some wax out of my good ear and put it into my bad ear, and in a few days I was fine,” the patient said. “I thought he was nuts,’’ Goldberg told me. He never gave the encounter another thought—until a couple of years ago, when he began to investigate the causes of those common ear infections. Goldberg explained that earwax contains many bacterial species and that antibiotics might have destroyed one or more in his bad ear. “It was actually something like a eureka moment,’’ he said, chuckling. “I realized that this patient was the perfect experiment: a good ear and a bad ear separated by a head. That guy wasn’t crazy; he was right. Clearly, he had something protecting one ear that he then transferred to the other ear. Drugs didn’t cure him. He cured himself.” Goldberg worries about the modern reliance on antibiotics. “We have always had this scorched-earth policy,” he continued. Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/22/121022fa_fact_spec...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014