Voting History
rated:
Pepboys has a sale on synthetic oil. This time it is:

Pennzoil Platinum (5 quarts) + Purolator PureOne Oil Filter

$29.99 for the 'public'
$27.99 for the 'member'

Linky to addy

Member Summary

Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Oil (35.24kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Purolator PureOne Oil Filter (13.21kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

not bad

My dad did this deal today for the $28 and brought home one of their ads. As I'm looking at the ad, it appears that if you buy a 2nd deal, the 2nd one comes out to $24.99. I might have to go back and see what's up. That's a great deal for the oil and filter.

I would encourage you to bring the receipt back with your purchased oil deal and ask them to honor the 2nd set at the advertised value, if you're willing to pay for the second set. It doesn't hurt to negotiate for both sides' benefits. Businesses nowadays are craving for sales, and you are not being absurd with your offer. I hope they would give you a second set as advertised!

Yeah. I didn't even list that second option there as I supposed folks usually would grab 1 or the first set of oil package then save it or wait another few months of 5000+ miles later to consider purchasing another set.

But according to the ad, it is cheaper for the second set if you grab 2 sets at one checkout! I'm a fan of synthetic oil and above average oil filters, so I usually grab at least 2 sets anyways. For my personal shopping beliefs and benefits for this round of oil deals, I find it rather cheap and beneficial for picking up 2 sets, and probably 2 air filters too.

If youre swinging by pepboys anyway, might as well pick up an airfilter or 2:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1255572/

Damm, looks like we just posted a few moments a part about the same deal. Very good deal.

gnet said:   Damm, looks like we just posted a few moments a part about the same deal. Very good deal.2 days 10.5 hours is a few moments?

I am in Texas and my Pep boys is cleaned out of the Pennzoil platinum jugs and has been for over a week. Also not much on the shelf of the single quarts either. I believe people have been stocking up on this sweet deal.

I have yet to pick these up myself. Came to a local PepBoys two days ago, could not find the oil weight for my car. Other weights were only very very Limited Too. Amazing to see something to go out like that for some times now.
Good business for PepBoys.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014