• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
UPDATE: OOS online, but check your local store where you can use the in-store coupon for the same deal.

Link

Yes, it's a lower end laptop with an AMD E1 CPU, but it's $205, OK?
$279.90 in cart, use coupon 99279 for $75 off.

Specifications

Laptop Display Type Diagonal widescreen TruBrite® TFT display at 1366 x 768 native
Laptop Dimensions (L x W x H) 14.96” x 9.53” x 1.14”
Laptop Style Laptop/Notebook
Bluetooth Compatibility N/A
Laptop Operating System Windows 8
Laptop Memory Expandable 16GB
CPU Cache 1MB
Laptop Processor Speed 1.4 GHz
Laptop Processor Type AMD Dual-Core E1-1200 Accelerated Processor
Laptop Color Satin Black Trax
Laptop Screen Size 15.6"
Laptop Audio Toshiba Audio Enhancement
Laptop Network Card 802.11b/g/n
Laptop Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti drive supporting 11 formats
Laptop Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Laptop Memory RAM 4GB
Laptop Use Everyday
Laptop Hard Drive Speed Serial ATA
Laptop Hard Drive Capacity 320GB
Laptop Webcam Webcam with microphone
Media Card Reader Secure Digital, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, Multi Media Card (shared slot; may require adapter for use)
Laptop Other ports 1 x Microphone Input, 1 x Headphone Output, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Slot for Security Lock
Laptop Extra Features AMD A68M Chipset, Built-in stereo speakers
Video Graphics Memory None
Laptop Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
Laptop Hard Drive Type 5400RPM
Laptop Warranty 1 Year Standard Limited
Laptop Weight Starting at 5.5 lbs. depending on configuration
Laptop Battery Type 6 cell/48Wh Lithium Ion battery pack
Laptop Battery Life 3 hours, 29 minutes
Touch Screen Enabled No
Windows Select PC No
Laptop Refurbished No
Laptop USB Slots 3 x USB v2.0 ports

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5359
Thanks jwengerd
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
THANKS OP
found the last one at the local B&M
sweet deal for someone's first pc
$221 out the door after $16 tax

golfguy (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:28p) |

It's not a PC, it's a laptop. Congratulations and welcome to the 21st century with the rest of mankind.

LetsGoMets1 (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:31p) |

Nice try being condescending.

First of all, the term PC means that it is a computer that is not a MAC (usually windows, ... (more)

nybiggs (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 10:39p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

LET ME HELP YOU OUT OF YOUR CHAIR, GRANDMA!

lordoffire said:   LET ME HELP YOU OUT OF YOUR CHAIR, GRANDMA!Why bother? Just tape a cheetah to her back.

OOS

Dang, that was fast. May be available in store (shows low stock clearance at mine). If you can get it local, use the in-store coupon for $75 off.

I did get one to go into my cart, but they raised the price to $313.40
...Nope, wouldn't let me check out (OOS)...

comprx said:   lordoffire said:   LET ME HELP YOU OUT OF YOUR CHAIR, GRANDMA!Why bother? Just tape a cheetah to her back.
"Why bother? Just tape a cheetah to her back".
Cool Cool Cool statement.

B&M inventory system (not online "inventory checker") shows _2_ available at my local store. But they mysteriously can't find either of them. So, either an employee has stashed to buy for themselves or the store manager has allows $700 in electronics to walk out of his store. In either case, I wasted a trip to the store. *bah*

^^ That sucks. One of the reasons I use the reserve feature for Staples deals, but it's not always available.

worked for me this morning after calling 3 stores that had the "low stock" thing online - coupon was fine too, good to go, thanks again OP!

Well I am going to get one of these. Not for me, but as something I can keep around for a friend who needs a PC and can not afford much. This is a decent deal for a 200.00 laptop. I mean it's not as nice as the one I have for personal use but hey look at that price!

got the last one in store with the coupon. It has no HDMI but works just fine for internet surfing and other basic functions. Thanks OP!

Ditto...last one is mine....nice deal!

back instock online.

pradeepb said:   back instock online.

We're sorry, the following item is out of stock.

Got it in store today. Not sure why and what I should keep this for.

seeufriend said:   Got it in store today. Not sure why and what I should keep this for.

Good for word processing, email, web surfing.

cohcoh said:   got the last one in store with the coupon. It has no HDMI but works just fine for internet surfing and other basic functions. Thanks OP!They have another model for $50 more that has HDMI, a larger hard drive, faster processor & USB 3.0 Text

in stock also.

I have owned several Toshiba laptops before. Very solid build and good value. Samsung makes good phones and TVs, but I am not sure if I am ready to pick up one of their laptops. This is for parents' everyday web surfing and skyping. HDMI would be nice, but I doubt they would use it.

jimates said:   cohcoh said:   got the last one in store with the coupon. It has no HDMI but works just fine for internet surfing and other basic functions. Thanks OP!They have another model for $50 more that has HDMI, a larger hard drive, faster processor & USB 3.0 Text

in stock also.

I got it for parents. They only need it for writing emails, watching youtube and skyping. Netbooks are too small. A real 15" laptop is perfect.

seeufriend said:   Got it in store today. Not sure why and what I should keep this for.

One in stock at local store but they want $329. for it.

namlook said: Good for word processing, email, web surfing.
cohcoh said: I got it for parents. They only need it for writing emails, watching youtube and skyping. Netbooks are too small. A real 15" laptop is perfect.

Thank you guys. Just the perfect idea I needed.

Benchmarks like a 2007 CPU

If you have a 3 or 4 year old laptop and don't mind a sideways move into Windows 8 then I guess it's ok. If it wasn't for the graphics this CPU would be barely passable for Windows 8.

Got 2 for the price at 2 different stores.

mg42 said:   One in stock at local store but they want $329. for it.
What is the meaning of "they want"...Aren't prices regulated"...show them a print out of internet pricing...

Has anyone tried using the coupon at Best Buy or Office Depot?

Well I picked mine up last night. I was not going to touch it just leave it in the box and wait for someone who needed a cheap laptop. The temptation to open the box and see what a 200 laptop is like...Well I am going to keep it for myself, but I did tell a few friends how to get it and which stores have it.

Happy Lappy!

THANKS OP

golfguy said:   THANKS OP

It's not a PC, it's a laptop. Congratulations and welcome to the 21st century with the rest of mankind.

LetsGoMets1 said:   golfguy said:   THANKS OP

Nice try being condescending.

First of all, the term PC means that it is a computer that is not a MAC (usually windows, but you have some 3rd party alternative OSes). I'm sure you've heard the phrase "PC vs MAC". A laptop can be a PC as well as a desktop. Now if he had said someone's first desktop, your comment would be more appropriate.

Secondly, your reading comprehension needs work. He said this would be a great deal for someone's first PC. He did not say that it was his first computer. It is very possible he meant for a young child, or elderly adult.

... and that is how you act condescending...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.