• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lenovo H430-57310096 Desktop PC @ Staples - $274.90 after Coupon
was $479.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
99279 - $75 off

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Lenovo H430-57310096 Desktop PC
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer

Lenovo H430 views
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
There are still some of these out there. Just picked one up at the Keizer Station Staples near Salem, OR. They have at... (more)

euler2718281828459 (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 11:17a) |

Seems Staples put two shipping labels on one box. The other guy won. Staples, on phone today, say they are shipping me... (more)

Styletone (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 2:46p) |

Nice. Dead for me online, but I checked in-store availability and my local Staples only had 1, and it was the display m... (more)

phermat (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 3:08p) |

•2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2130 3.4GHz 3MB Cache Processor
•4GB DDR3 1333 MHz Memory
•1TB SATA Hard Drive
•Integrated slot-in DVD reader/writer Optical Drive
•Windows 8

Passmark = 4024

$75 off in-store coupon

Phone & Online Coupon Code: 99279
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not bad.. Might pickup ten today..

Nice specs and great price but windows 8........

BudmanTom said:   Nice specs and great price but windows 8........

I hated Win 8 when I first saw it but after adding Start8 ($5), it looks and feels the same as Win 7 except it boots and shuts down much faster.

OP, your coupon link goes to the product website, not the coupon. I added a working coupon link to Quick Summary area.

This is a really hot deal for a new, brand name i3 desktop.

Green

Yep, I've done it, and it helped a lot; Here's a link to a free one.

blueribb said:   BudmanTom said:   Nice specs and great price but windows 8........

I hated Win 8 when I first saw it but after adding Start8 ($5), it looks and feels the same as Win 7 except it boots and shuts down much faster.

blueribb said:   BudmanTom said:   Nice specs and great price but windows 8........

Precisely. Sad that folks see Windows 8 and run when they don't realize that 8 can be made to look and function just as 7 with the added benefit of a faster OS.

cpabster said:   

Precisely. Sad that folks see Windows 8 and run when they don't realize that 8 can be made to look and function just as 7 with the added benefit of a faster OS.

Sad that MS didn't see that coming.

Man my parents could really use this. But they are old and barely grasped windows 7 there is no way they could get windows 8 and explaining they would have to reformat and reinstall windows 7 if they want this deal makes it a killer for me

video out is HDMI only? edit: DOH! nevermind. Didn't notice picture of back right here on FW.

holiday42 said:   video out is HDMI only?

Rear view (in Quick Summary area) show HDMI & VGA

This should provide an okay upgrade from my E5200 and Windows XP. I already have a graphics card and replacement power supply to install. I guess some RAM off of Newegg will round this thing out.

Informant said:   Man my parents could really use this. But they are old and barely grasped windows 7 there is no way they could get windows 8 and explaining they would have to reformat and reinstall windows 7 if they want this deal makes it a killer for me

Try reading previous posts about changing Windows 8 to a Windows 7 start-menu interface. There are many free and cheap add-ons for this.

No machine at this price is perfect, but it would be nice to have 7200RPM and at least 1 USB-3.

BudmanTom said:   cpabster said:   

Sad that MS didn't see that coming.

It's a double-edged sword. Microsoft has always had a legacy problem. Folks stick with one release of Windows far longer than they should. I can't believe how many are still running IE 6 for example.

The Metro interface is great - not on a desktop per se, but on the devices which benefit from such an interface...namely, tablets.

At any rate as previous posters have said there are a plethora of "Start Button Replacers" some are free, I prefer Start8 which cost a whopping $5. Lots of options including the ability to boot straight to the "old" classic desktop. You don't have to even see Metro let alone use it if you don't so desire. Windows 8 runs smoother and faster than Windows 7 across the board.

OOS

billbossus said:   OOS
Not out of stock. Just ordered one. Thanks OP.

Gotta love that IBM's PS2 slots are still there!

holiday42 said:   video out is HDMI only? edit: DOH! nevermind. Didn't notice picture of back right here on FW.

N 4 1. Although stock was shown, could not pick up in local store but free ship so it's OK.

Thanks just did order one.

$274.90 (no tax at Oregon)

I'm in, came to just over $290 with tax. I have a use for this machine, thanks OP!

Thanks! Just ordered 1 shipped to home, came out $297.92 Oklahoma tax.

Says it is in stock but when I try and order says out of stock and won't add to cart.

If building a new PC, a possible deal last Xmas,
Fry's $179 combo ($30 MIR): Intel Core I5 3570k + MSI Motherboard Z77
add $60 for DDR. $240 in total w/o OS.

I missed the deal above. Hence I decided to buy this Lenovo PC, again, it is a good deal.
True, at similar cost, I could build a new PC. But as mentioned, OS is an issue these days. XP is phasing out. I don't have a Win8 copy.
Also, tuning a new PC is also boring and tedious.

Anyone plans to clean install after the PC received ?
Any idea or suggestion?

siliconbeaver said:   Anyone plans to clean install after the PC received ?
Any idea or suggestion?

It's much faster and easier to just uninstall the clutter you don't need.

Got one today at Townfair Staples in Louisville. No problems applying the coupon but had to listen to the warranty and anti-virus and MS office upsell even though I kept saying thanks, but no thanks.

Picked one up today in Nashville, TN. Says "Currently Out Of Stock" online, but when has that ever stopped anybody from seeing if it's available in physical stores with a quick phone call? Thank a million OP!!

Now...to start the learning curve of Win 8...

"Now...to start the learning curve of Win 8..."

Does anyone have any advice here? Im considering just picking up the Windows 8 for dummies book and add it to my Windows XP and Windows Vista For Dummies collection. But I am curious if there are better options out there.

Damn. UPS delivered it to the wrong address. Suspect a second shipping sticker applied or rubbed off on it. So far the recipient, some company, has been contacted by UPS but the box has not been secured yet and I am worried that it has been opened and maybe messed with. Waiting...

There are still some of these out there. Just picked one up at the Keizer Station Staples near Salem, OR. They have at least 1 more in stock (the display). $274.90 OTD. Pairing this with an ASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED MonitorASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED which is $119.99 after $20 rebate at Amazon. Makes a nice little system for under $400.

Thanks OP!

Seems Staples put two shipping labels on one box. The other guy won. Staples, on phone today, say they are shipping me another and it will be at the house tomorrow, so I guess they still have some.

Nice. Dead for me online, but I checked in-store availability and my local Staples only had 1, and it was the display model. When they boxed it up and brought it out, there was a big yellow sticker on the box that said "This model (H430-57310095) is an upgrade substitute for model H430-57311597. It contains an additional 2GB of RAM, but all other specifications remain the same.

I checked it when it booted, and it's the same i3 2130 3.4 ghz processor, 1 TB HDD, and 6GB RAM. Was still $349 before coupon and $299.50 after taxes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014