$25 AMEX Gift Card for $15 via Twitter Sync

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
tijkane said:   Where do I buy the gift card?
I don't see a link for it

Follow the instructions. It is very confusiong, well, it was for me since I don't use twitter.

thanks.

Thanks, it took about 45 minutes to recieve my confirmation from AMEX

Great deal. Should Step 2 say retweet and not tweet - is there a difference? This got me tripped up believe it or not since AMEX and Twitter deals are never this complicated. Granted I only use Twitter for AMEX deals so my opinion may not count much.

isjka said:   Great deal. Should Step 2 say retweet and not tweet - is there a difference? This got me tripped up believe it or not since AMEX and Twitter deals are never this complicated. Granted I only use Twitter for AMEX deals so my opinion may not count much.

IMO, no. "retweet" is a term used to decribe it when you forward someone else's tweet. "Tweet" is what you're actually supposed to do... first you TWEET one hashtag, then when you get an ack from them, you TWEET a second hashtag. You don't actually RETWEET anything.

Not a twitter person but had pre-existing synced AMEX account. The whole thing was less than 2 minutes.

1. With the initial tweet, they send you a link to sync up your AMEX card - but most importantly, get your shipping address.
2. Fill in the shipping address on the link they send with the tweet.
3. They ask you to confirm your purchase by making another tweet #Confirm....

Thanks OP - quick $10 on each of my 2 AMEX cards.

tried this and got this tweet...anyone else getting something similar??"

@ozaer Sorry, we're having trouble processing your request to purchase $25 AMEX Gift Card. Pls try again or contact @AskAmex"

annoying!

I've got my confirmation almost immediately. Great deal, OP, thank you!

prikindel said:   I've got my confirmation almost immediately. Great deal, OP, thank you!

i just called their number and they said they are having issues with this tonight. Told me to try again later.

Over 2 hours. Looks like I'm pulling an all nighter.

In x 4 for > 10 minutes of effort.

Quick, easy, worked fine. Thanks so much.

Was able to complete the process for 3 cards, on seperate twitter accounts, in less than 10 minutes. Easy $30, thanks OP!

Thanks OP. I have a twitter account for ages. Never know how to use it. After 15 minutes of confusing tweeting, got the order confirmation.

cows123 said:   Over 2 hours. Looks like I'm pulling an all nighter.

I suspect that you may be doing something wrong. It has taken me less than 5 minutes per-card including creating new twitter accounts (for 2 of them).

ozaer said:   tried this and got this tweet...anyone else getting something similar??"

@ozaer Sorry, we're having trouble processing your request to purchase $25 AMEX Gift Card. Pls try again or contact @AskAmex"

annoying!

Have the same problem. No help from @AskAmex or anyone else. They stopped "tweeting" me back.

In for 6. Took me about 20 minutes to do all 6 AMEX cards. Thanks!! I love free money!

VegasVegan said:   ozaer said:   tried this and got this tweet...anyone else getting something similar??"

annoying!

Have the same problem. No help from @AskAmex or anyone else. They stopped "tweeting" me back.

yeah...i called their 1-800 number and the Indian dude said somethings wrong with their system...

jewsus said:   In for 6. Took me about 20 minutes to do all 6 AMEX cards. Thanks!! I love free money!

Jew...when did you do that? just now or earlier? We are having issues...

DELETE

ozaer said:   jewsus said:   In for 6. Took me about 20 minutes to do all 6 AMEX cards. Thanks!! I love free money!

Me too..getting error ..they have rectified the system..looks like

Unfortunately, your Card is synced to another Twitter ID. If you need assistance, please submit your inquiry to Customer Service or Tweet @AskAmex.

I just did it...just finished up the last card and posted about it.

I had to open up 4 extra twitter accounts but it takes 5 seconds.

vanillaice said:   ozaer said:   jewsus said:   In for 6. Took me about 20 minutes to do all 6 AMEX cards. Thanks!! I love free money!

Me too..getting error ..they have rectified the system..looks like

Unfortunately, your Card is synced to another Twitter ID. If you need assistance, please submit your inquiry to Customer Service or Tweet @AskAmex.

that one is easy--just google twitter and unsync...and then sync your current card and try again..

jewsus said:   I just did it...just finished up the last card and posted about it.

man u lucky ....looks like for some it works and others not...all i can say is OY VEY

Can you sync an AMEX gift card?

jewsus said:   Can you sync an AMEX gift card?

I dont have any AMEX gift cards...just regular AMEX cards...

Of course not.

ozaer said:   jewsus said:   Can you sync an AMEX gift card?

I dont have any AMEX gift cards...just regular AMEX cards...

Do you get what I'm getting at? If you had a stack of AMEX gift cards and could sync them as well...

WOW. That was beyond easy. It wouldn't submit on chrome so switched over to IE and took less than 2 mins. Thank you op.

Thanks OP, worked within 3 minutes.

Thanks OP! worked pretty fast

awesome -thx!

Was not easy but got it done FINALLY! Worth the free $30 (3 accounts).

Thanks, OP.

Perfect timing! I just got my first AMEX card in the mail today! I was always bummed about missing the sync deals and other AMEX deals around the holidays. Thanks, OP!

Got one. Thanks OP. It wouldn't let me submit my address via firefox, but worked on IE.

jlt0201 said:   Can you buy more than one using the same twitter account and different card? I tried and got this response "You've already purchased the $25 AMEX Gift Card (limit 1 per synced Card). If an error, contact @AskAmex"

The terms state that you can have only one AMEX card synced per twitter account. Now, I do have two AMEX cards... hmmmm...

Done and done. All in less than a minute. Kind of freaky though to buy something by tweeting a hashtag.

Been awhile since I was twitter and kinda forgot how things worked , lol . Looks like Iam good though , but awaiting email confirmation . Thx OP!

Trouble with Firefox. Final confirmation button thing would not work. So I switched to IE-64. Worked. Received confirmation email. Thanks OP and others. - E

Bluebird seems to have failed.

DeltaSigChi4 said:   Trouble with Firefox. Final confirmation button thing would not work. So I switched to IE-64. Worked. Received confirmation email. Thanks OP and others. - E

You're probably running adblock plus. It seems to interfere with the button. Happens on Chrome too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014