• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I tried these a couple weeks back. Let me preface by saying that I love McDonald's Filet O Fish so this isn't a "Mcdonald's is greasy nasty crap" rant. I thought they were terrible. Seriously bad.

They were soggy and actually tasted fishy. Now, having said that, perhaps it was just that batch or that day. Sometimes even the Filet O Fish is pretty nasty, soggy, etc. YMMV

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Anyone try these yet? How is the taste?

Wow! Tried it tonight. Very bland and tasteless! Even ate it with their so-called tarter sauce. Aargh! Had to finally throw it out the window. This item is definitely a loser! Will not last long,

This item is the same as their tasteless breakfast 'Egg White Delight' sandwich. That, too, is a loser in the long run!

McDonald's needs to get some better tasting items quickly. They are going so blah!

Update: I had a second box leftover from last night's purchase. So for lunch, I nuked them for about a minute and they tasted so much better, even plain, because they were hot. That might have been the problem from last night. They may have been sitting in the tray a long time before I purchased them? They need to be eaten hot.

coolbreeze said:   JesseLivermore said:   These are the Pollock's balls.

"Wild caught" means a guy goes into one of numerous football field sized pens (where these are hatched and fed melamine) once an hour and hooks the net up to a mechanical winch.

These are products of giant bathtub farms somewhere in Asia.

The bathtubs are often underneath industrial chicken farms, where the chicken shit, and dead chicks and hens drop into the water to feed the fish. It's efficient.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the visual. FPOSGMF.

Had some for lunch, not bad for a buck. The tarter sauce was too thin.

Thanks for sharing this deal, tedteddy! I featured it in the FW blog today! http://www.fatwallet.com/blog/try-mcdonalds-snack-size-fish-bite...

You can't even taste the Fukushima radiation!

McDonalds fish discussion, be it in the form of a sandwich or snack bites.

FW never disappoints!

king0fSpades said:   Thanks. I would keep it to myself otherwise my stupid wife will end up getting this and 2 large shakes. Total will be $7-8 instead of $1.

that is when you go to WalMart and buy two cheap $.35 sam's choice sodas and $.25 bag of chips.

They are actually pretty tasty

JesseLivermore said:   These are the Pollock's balls.

"Wild caught" means a guy goes into one of numerous football field sized pens (where these are hatched and fed melamine) once an hour and hooks the net up to a mechanical winch.

I see you don't know much about the Alaskan Pollock Fishery....

just in time for Lent

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014