• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Economy through Full-size: $19.95/day Now $9.95 (thanks oldnipper!)
Midsize or SUV: $15.95/day
Minivan: $25.95/day

Use RQ "DRIVE"

Pick up between April 1 2013 and May 31 2013. Minimum one day rental, max 21.

Return at any location that is not within the state of Florida.

While I haven't tried stacking it, you can probably use PC# 144314 to waive the under-25 fee.

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/bb-4747907/florida-drive-out-book-...

Hertz
See Hertz promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Hertz Florida (11.24kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Better watch those airport fees. Also the time zone differences.

Why is hertze driving people out of FL?

They overload with cars coming from snowbird that are coming back for summer in Florida.....

sand1van said:   They overload with cars coming from snowbird that are coming back for summer in Florida.....

I thought Snowbirds go home in the summer and go to Florida over the colder fall/winter months.

lokimoki said:   Better watch those airport fees."an Airport Use Fee/Customer Facility Charge of up to $4.60 a day or $6.60 per rental; and an Airport/Hotel Concession Fee Recovery or Airport Access Fee of up to 24% per rental."

jiveturkey said:   sand1van said:   They overload with cars coming from snowbird that are coming back for summer in Florida.....I thought Snowbirds go home in the summer and go to Florida over the colder fall/winter months.Enough of them drive in to Florida and don't drive out that they have excess cars in FL.

Hardly a considerable deal unless you already are booked in Florida for something.
This seems to me a case of, if enough of us can ignore this deal it will only get better.

Awesome deal!! Inspired my father and I to do a cross-country road trip. 10 days FL to CA.. Total $260.. Next lowest $1512!

christopher said:   This seems to me a case of, if enough of us can ignore this deal it will only get better.Hertz does this every year. Once it's announced, it doesn't change. You can sit and wait but you'll just miss out.

The only thing that might change, and that I'm hoping for, is that they'll announce a deal for Arizona.

Several others are doing this also, including National and Avis. After tourist season dies down in FL, they need the cars farther north. Rather than pay a car hauler, they waive the one-way fees to encourage people to drive them.

I did a $1/day rental from Seattle to San Francisco a couple years ago. One thing to watch for is to be sure that you are early in the promotion period. I was at the end and my midsize reservation was either a Chevy Tahoe or minivan as those were the last two cars they wanted moved. I wanted the cheaper gas bill, so the minivan was not too bad.

I wonder if these are excesses from traditional rentals or do the snowbirds grab long term car rentals for their stays in florida?

Either way, this is a good deal for anyone traveling to or from florida. If you live in florida, drive out and fly back in, if you want to come visit our state, fly in and drive back home.

I wish it was cheaper, wound up driving one of these to NY a few years back, I believe economy was $8 and my midsize SUV was $20/day. They even gave me a mazda cx7 when I asked for the biggest one they could give me and used that to haul some stuff to my aunt in NY.

I've taken advantage of Florida drive out deals as a cheap vacation road trip for years, and it's usually been around $5 to $10 per day.

What with the price of gas as it is and paying $19.95 per day rental though, I would be better off just looking for an instate deal. It would be cheaper.

Yes, do look out for those outrageous airport fees - especially on long term rentals. If you're really on the cheap, check public transportation options that go from the airport to nearby off airport rental locations and get rental rates quoted there.

grayscape said:   If you're really on the cheap, check public transportation options that go near off airport rental locations and get rental rates quoted there.Off-airport locations also have a pickup/dropoff service within a 15 minute drive to any place that isn't an airport. They sign agreements with the airport which prevent them from doing this; it's usually about congestion at the curb.

Oh sure, why not just hop on a "free" motel shuttle and have the rental company pick you up there...

grayscape said:   Oh sure, why not just hop on a "free" motel shuttle and have the rental company pick you up there...Actually did that last year, except I was staying at the hotel and it was within walking distance of the HLE.

AtomicTaco said:   christopher said:   This seems to me a case of, if enough of us can ignore this deal it will only get better.Hertz does this every year. Once it's announced, it doesn't change. You can sit and wait but you'll just miss out.

The only thing that might change, and that I'm hoping for, is that they'll announce a deal for Arizona.

Well, Hertz DID change their deal - down from $19.95 per day to $17.95 per day - so like everyone else, they WILL change if the market warrants it.

Still not cheap enough for me though, I'm waiting for a deal closer to $10...

Maybe someone knows 100% (?)

1. Does any Co. Have good FL price earlier than April 1?
2.. Does any Co. Offer passenger van or Large Elite SUV to drive out?

I noticed, btw, that Enterprise minivans are $26.95 from 4/1...Does any Co. Match that?

Don't know when the rate changed, but is now $10 a day. Please update the title for those waiting for lower rate. Thanks.

Thanks for the update.. We did a 17 day deal at the $17.95 rate in April. Next year we'll wait closer to the end of May and see if it drops again.

Does anyone know if there are any deals for driving IN to Florida?

If so, when are such deals usually offered?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014