• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Farberware 18 piece Cookware Set @ Target - $60.00
Compare at $88.00
Free Shipping!

• Includes: 10" Griddle, 1-qt. Saucepan with Lid, Spoon, Ladle, Whisk, 9" Skillet, 9" Round Cake Pan, 4-qt. Dutch Oven, 7.25" Skillet, 11" Skillet, Slotted Spoon, Slotted Turner, Pasta Fork, 2-qt. Saucepan with Lid

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Farberware 18 piece Cookware Set
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not to crap on what seems like a good deal for what it is, but if you want the best non-stick cookware that will last you a lifetime, won't ever chip or flake pieces of Teflon coating into your food (yummy!), and can be used at home or while camping, buy yourself some Lodge Logic cast iron cookware. Cast iron cookware is naturally non-stick (and just gets better with use and age). It comes pre-seasoned from Lodge, has a lifetime warranty, is more versatile (goes from stove-top to oven and back, or even straight to the table), it's tougher. And one of the best hidden features of cast iron is that it is cheaper to own, especially when good cast iron cookware like the Lodge Logic line will be something you could even pass down to your children. You can buy Lodge cast iron at WalMart, Target, Amazon, Wayfair.com, and of course from specialty cookware stores. But the specialty stores will have higher markup, where you can get some of the best deals from Amazon with no tax (for most) and free shipping either with FSSS or Prime.

OK, I've said my bit for healthier, better quality, less-expensive (in the long run) cookware. If you just want some cheap non-stick (when brand new!) cookware, then this deal from Target will serve you for a few years, unless you are really hard on it. So green for the deal being posted, because for some people, they just want something like this. And those Teflon chips and flakes can add some flavor, maybe!

Sonofspam said:   Not to crap on what seems like a good deal for what it is, but if you want the best non-stick cookware that will last you a lifetime, won't ever chip or flake pieces of Teflon coating into your food (yummy!), and can be used at home or while camping, buy yourself some Lodge Logic cast iron cookware. Cast iron cookware is naturally non-stick (and just gets better with use and age). It comes pre-seasoned from Lodge, has a lifetime warranty, is more versatile (goes from stove-top to oven and back, or even straight to the table), it's tougher. And one of the best hidden features of cast iron is that it is cheaper to own, especially when good cast iron cookware like the Lodge Logic line will be something you could even pass down to your children. You can buy Lodge cast iron at WalMart, Target, Amazon, Wayfair.com, and of course from specialty cookware stores. But the specialty stores will have higher markup, where you can get some of the best deals from Amazon with no tax (for most) and free shipping either with FSSS or Prime.

OK, I've said my bit for healthier, better quality, less-expensive (in the long run) cookware. If you just want some cheap non-stick (when brand new!) cookware, then this deal from Target will serve you for a few years, unless you are really hard on it. So green for the deal being posted, because for some people, they just want something like this. And those Teflon chips and flakes can add some flavor, maybe!

I agree that poor quality cookware is a poor investment. Cast iron cooks very nicely and wears exceptionally well. I used it for many years. There are downsides, however. First, it is quite heavy. Individual pieces of cookware are relatively easy to manage, but when they are stacked it can be like lifting weights (not necessarily a bad thing, but problematic for some). Second, it contributes significant amounts of iron to the diet. This may be a benefit to ovulating females, as they lose iron each month and likely benefit from its replacement. For most of the rest of the adult population (generally males and post menopausal women), however, it is important to understand that the human body is exceptionally efficient at scavenging iron. There are few ways to shed this load other than loss of blood. This may be problematic as iron molecules are highly reactive within the body. They have been strongly associated with free radical oxidative stress. Thus, if one has a family history of disease associated with free radical damage, iron cookware may not be the best choice.

Sonofspam said:   Not to crap on ....

I may or may not have just added a whole bunch of Lodge stuff to my wedding registry

Bought this on Black Friday for $30 at Target, but even for that price it wasn't worth it. Most of the pots and pans are too small for normal use, but they look big in the picture. Everything just feels cheap too. You're better off spending a bit more getting a set from Costco or just buying what you need individually, but of better quality. A classic example of you get what you pay for.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014