• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Digi-Click Torque Wrench
Disclaimer
Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Digi-Click Torque Wrench - 5-80 ft. lbs. $54.99 After Coupon & Free In-Store Pickup at Sears (FS w/ SYW Max)

Normally $99.99, now $54.99 after $5 off coupon code "SEARS2013" and free in-store pickup. Free shipping to home with shop your way max. 90-day warranty.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Smoking deal...been looking for a decent torque wrench and the moment this post triggered the alert, I pulled the trigger. Sure, it's not a CDI or top-of-the-line wrench, but for what I will use it for, it's perfect.

Many thanks!

great!! been waiting for these to come down to about $50!! close enough, and they have them in stock near me.

Logician1313 said:   Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Digi-Click Torque Wrench - 5-80 ft. lbs. (Lifetime Warranty)

So do I get the refund in Fatwallet credit after the manufacturer warranty runs out in either 90 days or one year ?

http://www.craftsman.com/cswarranty/nb-100000000227082#point2

C'mon staff, not all Craftsman hand tools are lifetime warranty.

Craftsman Warranty

BenderTheRobot said:   C'mon staff, not all Craftsman hand tools are lifetime warranty.

Craftsman Warranty

Updated op, sorry about that. I am trying hard to resist buying one for myself.

N/M

In my experience the plastics on these things just don't last.

My last Craftsman torque wrench broke after 4 uses, was over a year old. And no warranty replacement .

Mine was the non digital type with the rotating plastic ring at the bottom (which broke). Hopefully this one is better.

Review indicates this is made in China.

80ft lbs. too low for my auto uses.

I'm tempted because I'd like to have a torque wrench, but all of my research seems to indicate there are expensive, professional level torque wrenches that will last and then there is everything else. No real bargain to be had if you want something long-lasting and accurate.

VicVinegar said:   I'm tempted because I'd like to have a torque wrench, but all of my research seems to indicate there are expensive, professional level torque wrenches that will last and then there is everything else. No real bargain to be had if you want something long-lasting and accurate.

Don't let the torque snobs sway you; there were a number of research articles (last one I read a few weeks ago from Motor World, another from consumer Reports) that showed the ol' $15.99 torque from Harbour Freight to actually be more accurate than most of the others. Food for thought.

Terp said:   VicVinegar said:   I'm tempted because I'd like to have a torque wrench, but all of my research seems to indicate there are expensive, professional level torque wrenches that will last and then there is everything else. No real bargain to be had if you want something long-lasting and accurate.

Don't let the torque snobs sway you; there were a number of research articles (last one I read a few weeks ago from Motor World, another from consumer Reports) that showed the ol' $15.99 torque from Harbour Freight to actually be more accurate than most of the others. Food for thought.

The Harbor Freight 3/8" and 1/2" torque wrenches are just as accurate, and one can purchase them for $10 with a Harbor Freight super coupon. I personally use a beam torque wrench...a snap to calibrate. Accuracy is limited to the skill of the operator.

I've been very happy with my 1/2" torque wrench from HF. I use it with an adaptor to connect to my 3/8" sockets when needed. Looks weird but works fine.

I think I spent $20, but as mentioned above, you can get it cheaper if you watch the coupons.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015