• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples Presidents' Day Week: February 17-23, 2013

---------------------------
Lysol Wipes, 35/pk, (501741)
$3.99 ($0.50 Off 2 Coupon Here, thanks to billrubin)
100% Back Rewards, Limit 3
Free After Easy Rebate: (in store only)
Bic-Matic Grip 0.7mm Mechanical Pencil, 5/pack (397063)
$4.29 - $4.29 ER, limit 1

Staple's Photo Supreme 8.5" x 11" Double Sided Matte (564121)
$14.99 - $14.99, limit 2

Staples 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, ream Coupon:
$6.99 -$6.99 (must use coupon to generate rebate)
Paper Deals:
Staple's 8.5" x 11" Multipurpose paper, 10-ream case (513096)
Buy 1 ($49.99) Get 1 Instantly (Free)

Staple's 8.5" x 11" Copy paper, 5-ream case (990176)
$24.99 - $20 Back in Rewards - $4.99 Coupon = "FREE"
In-Store Only
Limit 2
Avery 1" Binder
$0.49 when you recycle any binder
$2.49 - $2.00 Recycle = $0.49
Kindles
Kindle Fire
$159 (get a $15 Staple's GC after Easy Rebate)

Kindle Fire HD 7" - 16 GB
$199 (get a $25 Staple's GC after Easy Rebate)

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" - 16GB
$269 (no GC)

Kindle (base model, I guess)
$69 (get $10 Staple's GC after Easy Rebate)
Keurigs (LIVE NOW)
Get Staple's Gift Card when you buy any Keurig brewer
(See details in this thread)
Double Recycling
Get $4 back in Staple's Rewards per recycle cartridge,
when you purchase $50 HP ink or any 2 HP toners.
Free w/purchase of TurboTax Software*:
Quicken 2013 Starter
$39.99 - $39.99 Easy Rebate
(Excludes Turbo-Tax Business Plus)

McAfee Internet Security 2013
$39.99 - $39.99 Mail In Rebate
(Purchase Turbo-Tax Deluxe or Higher)
Coupons
Free Earbuds w/$25 Minimum Purchase (Limit 1/customer)
Bottled Water, 0.5L, 24 Pack, $2.99 (Limit 1/customer/day)

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

staples (15.55kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If extra $12 then fine ... usually I hate courtesy coupon as a substitute for rewards as they are almost always 90 days ... (more)

invisible (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 9:54a) |

That's true, it was a courtesy coupon and actually expires 3/23. But I've already spent it on the clearance Epson Artisa... (more)

metsfan (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 9:56a) |

They had quite a bit of missing detail last month for monthly rewards. Had paper monthly rewards that were in the purcha... (more)

mathfaster (Mar. 12, 2013 @ 11:14a) |

• Also categorized in:

Limit 2 on the 5 ream half-case for the life of the promo which runs until 3/2 per a sign in the store as posted by NoMoneyInMyWallet in another thread. I guess since the photo paper is FAR it is limit 2 and not 4.

mathfaster said:   I guess since the photo paper is FAR it is limit 2 and not 4. According to the flyer in front of me, yes.

dazviking said:   mathfaster said:   I guess since the photo paper is FAR it is limit 2 and not 4. According to the flyer in front of me, yes.Yes, I was referring to the observation that when it is limit 4 it is usually $1 after rebate and when it is 2 it is often FAR.

mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   mathfaster said:   I guess since the photo paper is FAR it is limit 2 and not 4. According to the flyer in front of me, yes.Yes, I was referring to the observation that when it is limit 4 it is usually $1 after rebate and when it is 2 it is often FAR.
Ah, I understand.

Is the Ink Recycling Limit 5 or 10/20?
Thanks

anyplace said:   Is the Ink Recycling Lmit 5 or 10/20?
Thanks
Dazviking, is this the Double Double ink recycling deal? You only have one double in your description. The way HP is playing around with the word Double I had to ask. Prior weeks there was only double ink rewards not cart rewards. Thinking this is double cart but not double ink only normal 10% back.

no FAR SW?

anyplace and math faster:

Concerning the ink recycling, what I wrote is a direct quote from ad (actually found in two places). So presumably limit 10/20.

As for "Double" vs "Double Double", I don't take advantage of the HP ink deals much, so don't even know what the 'double double' deal is.

dazviking said:   anyplace and math faster:

Concerning the ink recycling, what I wrote is a direct quote from ad (actually found in two places). So presumably limit 10/20.

As for "Double" vs "Double Double", I don't take advantage of the HP ink deals much, so don't even know what the 'double double' deal is.
Double double deal is 20% back on the ink purchase and double the cart amount. Thanks for the update.

if the double ink promotion runs two weeks, timing purchase in second week to get Feb and Mar credit is in play.

dazviking, does flyer show promotion dates? thx!

mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   anyplace, mathfaster:

Double double deal is 20% back on the ink purchase and double the cart amount. Thanks for the update.

Ah, I understand...again. No, just single double. There is even an 'example' with "10% Everyday Rewards Back + $4 Back per recycled cartridge".

kirku:
No promotion dates listed with Ink Deal

(edited)

JimsEmptyWallet said:   no FAR SW?
Updated op with free software with Turbo-Tax purchase....but I don't see any lone FAR SW.

dazviking said:   JimsEmptyWallet said:   no FAR SW?
Updated op with free software with Turbo-Tax purchase....but I don't see any lone FAR SW.
I assume you are going off a print ad for this preview. So, when the weekly ad comes out online there could be FAR SW as the weekly ad has more pages than the print ad.

dazviking - Thanks for the post. Is there any limit on the 1" binders?

Dano

You can get a buck or two MM after rewards if you know your cashiers will apply a competitor coupon as a price match on the photo paper by doing:

2 Photo Paper - 14.99 + 4.99 (one matched down)
1 Bic Pencil - 4.29
3 Lysol Wipes - 11.97
Filler - at least 3.76

February rewards are available

DanoMcGarret said:   dazviking - Thanks for the post. Is there any limit on the 1" binders?

Dano

Wording a little confusing, quote:
For every binder you recycle in store, get $2 off the purchase of any new binder, same day transaction required. Excludes simply brand binders. There is no limit on the number of binders you can recycle, but no more than $2 will be discounted off any one binder purchase. Discount can only be used for same-day transaction purchase.

I am guessing 'one binder purchase' means 'If I recycle three binders, I can three binders discounted in one transaction'

so i got a $20 gift card from Staples for SodaStream. i can use that to get the Lysol and i will get rewards on that, is that correct?

Wfuscrub said:   so i got a $20 gift card from Staples for SodaStream. i can use that to get the Lysol and i will get rewards on that, is that correct?
Staples Rewards and FAQ Thread

Wfuscrub said:   so i got a $20 gift card from Staples for SodaStream. i can use that to get the Lysol and i will get rewards on that, is that correct?

yes, use GC on 100% rewards, use existing rewards on FAR items

Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.

kirku said:   if the double ink promotion runs two weeks, timing purchase in second week to get Feb and Mar credit is in play.

Wouldn't buying on Feb 22, recycling on Feb 23 and Mar 1 work?

dukerau said:   kirku said:   if the double ink promotion runs two weeks, timing purchase in second week to get Feb and Mar credit is in play.

Wouldn't buying on Feb 22, recycling on Feb 23 and Mar 1 work?

For this to work you'd have to buy online only right, and then time it by buying on the 21st since it counts when it ships the next day as the order date?

jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.
Was that for ink and all rewards together? I got a $20 for my ink, and a $100+ for everything else. And yeah, it's gonna take some figuring to use that. I already have another $100+ reward still to use from December rewards.

dukerau good thinking, anyone remember how the purchase/ship dates work jd2010 is suggesting? Would 7 days be up on the 28th or the 1st with purchase date 2/21, ship date 2/22?

Thank you February for only having 28 days (this year), we might have a chance to double dip on the ink rewards again!

yoregano said:   jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.
Was that for ink and all rewards together? I got a $20 for my ink, and a $100+ for everything else. And yeah, it's gonna take some figuring to use that. I already have another $100+ reward still to use from December rewards.

What did you guys buy that gets $100+ reward?

unnamedone said:   

There were promotions for bankers boxes, clear totes, binders, etc that were 100% free after rewards.

unnamedone said:   yoregano said:   jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.

The standard stuff mostly, plastic totes, some ink, but I went a little nutso on avery binders, not realizing how bad the past few weeks were gonna be and that this may be the new normal.

I have a $60 ink reward and a $207 everything else reward.

There were also 3 days of 25% rewards.

Just spent part of rewards to pay 4 paypal mobile card reader. Plus a $5 off $25 coupon.

yoregano said:   jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.

If you pay with reward certificate for a transaction totaling less than reward amount, the register will print another reward certificate for the remaining amount. While you can't split that one again "normal" way, there is a workaround that worked for me. I bought few items totaling the rewards amount (got as many of FAR items as possible) and paid with rewards. Then I returned non-FAR items I didn't need, _one_per_return_. For each return the register printed out the reward certificate totaling the amount of the return, with expiration date same as the original reward certificate.

I am premier member, so, in theory, this could be something special, who knows. But I'm pretty sure you'll get your money back for a returned item one way or another.

My Jan Rewards (almost $100) were split into two. Same happened in Feb 2012. Is there a pattern?

Is the Staples photopaper FAR likely to be the same rebate as in Jan, or could we buy it again?

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   My Jan Rewards (almost $100) were split into two. Same happened in Feb 2012. Is there a pattern?

Is the Staples photopaper FAR likely to be the same rebate as in Jan, or could we buy it again?

Thanks!
=aw
Every photo paper pack that has a SER for a given week can be bought again as it is a new offer number for that week. New offer number means you can buy it again w/o issue. Monthly rewards like the 10% back on ink/paper/25% rewards are always issued separately from ink recycling rewards. Always.

dazviking said:   DanoMcGarret said:   dazviking - Thanks for the post. Is there any limit on the 1" binders?

Dano

Wording a little confusing, quote:
For every binder you recycle in store, get $2 off the purchase of any new binder, same day transaction required. Excludes simply brand binders. There is no limit on the number of binders you can recycle, but no more than $2 will be discounted off any one binder purchase. Discount can only be used for same-day transaction purchase.

I am guessing 'one binder purchase' means 'If I recycle three binders, I can three binders discounted in one transaction'
Thanks daz.

Dano

dmitryt said:   yoregano said:   jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.

If you pay with reward certificate for a transaction totaling more than reward amount, the register will print another reward certificate for the remaining amount. While you can't split that one again "normal" way, there is a workaround that worked for me. I bought few items totaling the rewards amount (got as many of FAR items as possible) and paid with rewards. Then I returned non-FAR items I didn't need, _one_per_return_. For each return the register printed out the reward certificate totaling the amount of the return, with expiration date same as the original reward certificate.

I am premier member, so, in theory, this could be something special, who knows. But I'm pretty sure you'll get your money back for a returned item one way or another.
Did you mean "If you pay with reward certificate for a transaction totaling less than reward amount, the register will print another reward certificate for the remaining amount."?

Dano

ottawa said:   My Jan Rewards (almost $100) were split into two. Same happened in Feb 2012. Is there a pattern?

Thanks!
=aw

If you recycle ink you get one check for ink recycling and one check for purchases.
If you didn't recycle ink they split your purchase Rewards into 2 checks.

Thank you both. I didn't recycle ink (came down with great plans to recycle 10/mo, cartridges I may not have consumed myself, but didn't pursue it -- maybe next year).

I was happy to see it split, was worried I'd have one large Reward to spend. Though it's almost good I didn't recycle the ink, then I'd have one for $20 and one for $100.

I have a couple of Jan receipts that didn't get my SR number, I figured I'd submit them after the Jan Reward was issued, hopefully they'll be able to process it correctly. Any gotchas?

Thanks again!
=aw

Skipping 164 Messages...
invisible said:   ..Thanks, yes that was it -- $12 rewards are showing up but not listed for the purchase detail info... and I was fixated on 11.97 figure, they round up ...They had quite a bit of missing detail last month for monthly rewards. Had paper monthly rewards that were in the purchase detail but not in the monthly amount on the dashboard. Got the expected rewards amounts when they were issued.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014