• Text Only
ottawa said:   Thank you both. I didn't recycle ink (came down with great plans to recycle 10/mo, cartridges I may not have consumed myself, but didn't pursue it -- maybe next year).

I was happy to see it split, was worried I'd have one large Reward to spend. Though it's almost good I didn't recycle the ink, then I'd have one for $20 and one for $100.

I have a couple of Jan receipts that didn't get my SR number, I figured I'd submit them after the Jan Reward was issued, hopefully they'll be able to process it correctly. Any gotchas?

Thanks again!
=aw

Stay on them. Are they reward-generating purchases? I forgot to give my SR number during the battery promo in 2011 and it took a long time, several instances of contact (all initiated by me of course) and eventually them issuing a manual rewards check to get the 100% back in rewards.

Is it possible to PM for something online then use the Reward?

Say item cost $60 at Staples, $40 at WalMart, and I have $30 reward check.

Is Staples going to calculated based on $60 - $30(Reward) = $30, so no go on PM?

or

$60 - $20(PM) = $40 - $30(Reward) = $10 out of pocket?

Checked my rewards for last month -- they split it into $50 & $128.75 (didn't recycle any ink last month)

jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.Sent you a PM yesterday.

pthor1231 said:   You can get a buck or two MM after rewards if you know your cashiers will apply a competitor coupon as a price match on the photo paper by doing:

2 Photo Paper - 14.99 + 4.99 (one matched down)

Isn't price match supposed to be for identical items (brand, type, etc.)? This is Staple brand photo paper, how can you do the price match?

On competitor coupons, they often PM an item over $10 down $10 (if its a $10 coupon). Just how they put it in the system. Sometimes they'll take $5 off two products too.

niniss said:   pthor1231 said:   You can get a buck or two MM after rewards if you know your cashiers will apply a competitor coupon as a price match on the photo paper by doing:

Isn't price match supposed to be for identical items (brand, type, etc.)? This is Staple brand photo paper, how can you do the price match?

they are referring to a general $/$$ type competitor coupon applied, not item match.

MISTERCHEAP said:   niniss said:   pthor1231 said:   You can get a buck or two MM after rewards if you know your cashiers will apply a competitor coupon as a price match on the photo paper by doing:

they are referring to a general $/$$ type competitor coupon applied, not item match.

Yeah, i figured out that after reading kirku's reply.

DanoMcGarret said:   dmitryt said:   yoregano said:   jd2010 said:   Got a 200 dollar check from Jan that Staples wont split for me. Gonna be fun trying to figure out how to monetize in 2 transactions.
Was that for ink and all rewards together? I got a $20 for my ink, and a $100+ for everything else. And yeah, it's gonna take some figuring to use that. I already have another $100+ reward still to use from December rewards.

If you pay with reward certificate for a transaction totaling more than reward amount, the register will print another reward certificate for the remaining amount. While you can't split that one again "normal" way, there is a workaround that worked for me. I bought few items totaling the rewards amount (got as many of FAR items as possible) and paid with rewards. Then I returned non-FAR items I didn't need, _one_per_return_. For each return the register printed out the reward certificate totaling the amount of the return, with expiration date same as the original reward certificate.

I am premier member, so, in theory, this could be something special, who knows. But I'm pretty sure you'll get your money back for a returned item one way or another.
Did you mean "If you pay with reward certificate for a transaction totaling less than reward amount, the register will print another reward certificate for the remaining amount."?

Dano

Yes, thank you for correcting me. I've edited my response accordingly.

the GF has been wanting a kindle fire hd. I have $28 in rewards. Can I use them on it and pay rest OOP and still get $25 GC? thanks

maxxodds said:   the GF has been wanting a kindle fire hd. I have $28 in rewards. Can I use them on it and pay rest OOP and still get $25 GC? thanks

YES, No problem

597404 said:   maxxodds said:   the GF has been wanting a kindle fire hd. I have $28 in rewards. Can I use them on it and pay rest OOP and still get $25 GC? thanks

YES, No problem

thanks for reply. It might be late for v-day but I think she will get over it

Just received a $20 off $60 breakroom order coupon in an email from Staples this morning.

BeanTech said:   Just received a $20 off $60 breakroom order coupon in an email from Staples this morning.
I got a coupon (unique 16-digit) via email that was 15% off a cleaning and breakroom purchase, expiring 2/23. Additionally, my coupon wallet for my Rewards account has TWO unique $5 off $25 cleaning/br coupons, both expiring 3/31. All three are for in-store only.

c3 said:   There were also 3 days of 25% rewards.

Should I see that rewards in my account already? I haven't received anything yet.

mikoo said:   c3 said:   There were also 3 days of 25% rewards.

Should I see that rewards in my account already? I haven't received anything yet.
Your rewards for the 25% and any other monthly rewards should have posted on Tuesday. Unless, you did not meet the minimum of $10 in monthly rewards to trigger their issuance if non-premier or $5 if premier.

yoregano said:   BeanTech said:   Just received a $20 off $60 breakroom order coupon in an email from Staples this morning.
I got a coupon (unique 16-digit) via email that was 15% off a cleaning and breakroom purchase, expiring 2/23. Additionally, my coupon wallet for my Rewards account has TWO unique $5 off $25 cleaning/br coupons, both expiring 3/31. All three are for in-store only.

yoregano,
You may want to double check the coupon wallet $5 off $25 coupons. My wallet shows one in-store, one phone/online. Don't recall ever seeing duplicate coupons in wallet...but you never know I guess.

dukerau said:   ottawa said:   Thank you both. I didn't recycle ink (came down with great plans to recycle 10/mo, cartridges I may not have consumed myself, but didn't pursue it -- maybe next year).

I was happy to see it split, was worried I'd have one large Reward to spend. Though it's almost good I didn't recycle the ink, then I'd have one for $20 and one for $100.

I have a couple of Jan receipts that didn't get my SR number, I figured I'd submit them after the Jan Reward was issued, hopefully they'll be able to process it correctly. Any gotchas?

Thanks again!
=aw

Stay on them. Are they reward-generating purchases? I forgot to give my SR number during the battery promo in 2011 and it took a long time, several instances of contact (all initiated by me of course) and eventually them issuing a manual rewards check to get the 100% back in rewards.
If your purchases were generating the 25% Rewards they'll be more difficult to get added to your account. They'll try to stonewall and tell you the Reward isn't showing in their system but they know they had the special 25% reward at the end of January. Stay on them and they'll eventually generate a manual check and mail it "as a one time courtesy".

Dano

Arblast said:   Is it possible to PM for something online then use the Reward?

Say item cost $60 at Staples, $40 at WalMart, and I have $30 reward check.

Is Staples going to calculated based on $60 - $30(Reward) = $30, so no go on PM?

or

$60 - $20(PM) = $40 - $30(Reward) = $10 out of pocket?

I may be not right on this one, but I guess u have 3 options here. Atleast that is what i do, unless things r changed recently.

1) If the item is available in store, bring the item to the register and ask the cashier for PM (don't forget to take the printout showing lower price at WalMart). Pay with rewards($30) + $10 with CC/cash + taxes on $10
OR
2) If the item is availble online only, then U can place a kiosk order and ask the cashier for for PM at register as above while paying (don't forget to take the printout showing lower price at WalMart). Pay with rewards($30) + $10 with CC/cash + taxes on $10
OR
3)If for reason, though the item is availble in store too, but they would NOT PM, then I usually do place a kiosk order and still choose pay at register. Pay the original price after coupons and rewards. After coming home, call or chat with "Staples online" and ask for PM, they would refund the remaining balance back to the CC that u paid with. In this scenario, I usually do not pay the complete purchase price with rewards incase for example,even if I have $60 in rewards and also would not pay with cash. Only CC, as if Staples online does the PM, they will refund the amount back to CC, which would make things easy.

I am not sure if I confused you. PM if u did not follow.
Hopefully some Staples gurus will comment on what works for them or if they see any loopholes in the above said methods.

dazviking said:   yoregano said:   BeanTech said:   Just received a $20 off $60 breakroom order coupon in an email from Staples this morning.

yoregano,
You may want to double check the coupon wallet $5 off $25 coupons. My wallet shows one in-store, one phone/online. Don't recall ever seeing duplicate coupons in wallet...but you never know I guess.

Oops, you're right. One is in-store (starts with a 6) , one is online/phone (starts with a 5).

maxxodds said:   597404 said:   maxxodds said:   the GF has been wanting a kindle fire hd. I have $28 in rewards. Can I use them on it and pay rest OOP and still get $25 GC? thanks

YES, No problem

That might not be the best deal right now. If you have an AMEX and Twitter and sync them, you can get it for $149.99+tax. Limited time offer, probably want to hurry. No idea how long until they sell out.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/productterms/P35BDC57A7...

With the Staples deal, you'll end up paying $171+tax OOP, spending your rewards, and then getting a $25 GC back. So you're only getting a $3 value out of your $28 rewards.

mxf said:   February rewards are available

Anyone else having this problem? ... barcodes don't display in Chrome. IE displays them, but only prints "blank" pages (only header and footer), and only FF (which I don't use for other than this one problem) works fine, prints fine. This has been going on for at least 6 months. *shrug*

labboypro said:   mxf said:   February rewards are available

Anyone else having this problem? ... barcodes don't display in Chrome. IE displays them, but only prints "blank" pages (only header and footer), and only FF (which I don't use for other than this one problem) works fine, prints fine. This has been going on for at least 6 months. *shrug*

I have the no barcode probably in Chrome, but IE has been printing them fine for me. Though the barcodes are always too small to scan and the cashier has to type the numbers in anyway.

No problems with IE (barcode prints and scans fine) -- try running Windows Update or go to "Internet Options" -> "Advanced" tab -> then click on "Reset"

labboypro said:   

I printed my rewards yesterday in IE8. The barcodes showed up onscreen, but when I printed, everything was fine except for the barcodes, which printed as a "missing image" icon. On a work computer, can't update it. This has happened before. I think last time this happened, I printed again from home, maybe in Firefox, or maybe IE worked there, I don't remember.

There is a manufacturers coupon available for 50c off any 2 Lysol Wipes here. Not spectacular but it will cover some sales tax.

Thank you. This will just about cash out my pile of rewards.

BeanTech said:   Just received a $20 off $60 breakroom order coupon in an email from Staples this morning.I will trade you two $20 off $75 breakroom for this.

metsfan said:   maxxodds said:   597404 said:   maxxodds said:   the GF has been wanting a kindle fire hd. I have $28 in rewards. Can I use them on it and pay rest OOP and still get $25 GC? thanks

YES, No problem

That might not be the best deal right now. If you have an AMEX and Twitter and sync them, you can get it for $149.99+tax. Limited time offer, probably want to hurry. No idea how long until they sell out.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/productterms/P35BDC57A7...

With the Staples deal, you'll end up paying $171+tax OOP, spending your rewards, and then getting a $25 GC back. So you're only getting a $3 value out of your $28 rewards.

thanks mets. when i get home I'm going to look into it

Next Weeks ad now showing at Staples website. Things to note, and added already to op:

-Coupon for Bottled Water
-Coupon for Free Earbuds w/$25 purchase.
-Buy Kindle ($69), get $10 GC

Re the double/double ink and the double dip potential rewards for Feb/Mar.....

is it possible to do this if you place the ink order via Kiosk with gift cards? Do you still get the 7 day window to recycle with Kiosk orders? (I assume you do, but just checking for certain) THANKS!

MISTERCHEAP said:   Re the double/double ink and the double dip potential rewards for Feb/Mar.....

is it possible to do this if you place the ink order via Kiosk with gift cards? Do you still get the 7 day window to recycle with Kiosk orders? (I assume you do, but just checking for certain) THANKS!

yes.

Earbuds are left over from when they were $0.99 w/ $25 purchase. Guess that promo didn't fly. Unlikely this one will either. I recommend not getting them so they go back to giving them free after rebate/Rewards which they did 2 yrs ago before Christmas.

my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Re the double/double ink and the double dip potential rewards for Feb/Mar.....

yes.

Earbuds are left over from when they were $0.99 w/ $25 purchase. Guess that promo didn't fly. Unlikely this one will either. I recommend not getting them so they go back to giving them free after rebate/Rewards which they did 2 yrs ago before Christmas.

so the answer to my question is yes or were you posting up about free earbuds??

MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Re the double/double ink and the double dip potential rewards for Feb/Mar.....

yes.

yes, the answer to your question is 'yes'.
Was it Nov/Dec that this happened as well? Did the 'metsfan deal':
Bought ink at kiosk after 5PM on eg Nov. 30. Paid at register w/ gc. Recycled at register while paying for that transaction. Four days later recycled another 20.
It showed in Purchase Hx but didn't show up as double ink under Rewards. Had to call to get the extra $40 for Nov. but in the end got double recycling for Nov. & Dec. based on the one purchase. Others here did the same.

Got the following when clicking on the toner at the bottom of page 3: "As of 4/1/12 Staples RewardsŪ members receive 5% back in Rewards on all items excluding taxes, postage, prepaid phone cards, delivery charges, coupons, gift cards and purchases made on third-party Web sites, and HP ink and toner. The price eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings, and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping."

I had heard this was coming. Not sure if this is a trial balloon or not. Just interesting this is where it was posted.

mathfaster said:   Got the following when clicking on the toner at the bottom of page 3: "As of 4/1/12 Staples RewardsŪ members receive 5% back in Rewards on all items excluding taxes, postage, prepaid phone cards, delivery charges, coupons, gift cards and purchases made on third-party Web sites, and HP ink and toner. The price eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings, and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping."

I had heard this was coming. Not sure if this is a trial balloon or not. Just interesting this is where it was posted.

I have to double check if the print version had that. But it is possible that I saw it while looking at the ink details, but disregarded it over the date.

my4mainecoons said:   yes, the answer to your question is 'yes'.
Bought ink at kiosk after 5PM on eg Nov. 30. Paid at register w/ gc. Recycled at register while paying for that transaction. Four days later recycled another 20. It showed in Purchase Hx but didn't show up as double ink under Rewards. Had to call to get the extra $40 for Nov. but in the end got double recycling for Nov. & Dec. based on the one purchase. Others here did the same.

Do you have a link to that thread?

my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Re the double/double ink and the double dip potential rewards for Feb/Mar.....

yes.

yes, the answer to your question is 'yes'.
Bought ink at kiosk after 5PM on eg Nov. 30. Paid at register w/ gc. Recycled at register while paying for that transaction. Four days later recycled another 20.
It showed in Purchase Hx but didn't show up as double ink under Rewards. Had to call to get the extra $40 for Nov. but in the end got double recycling for Nov. & Dec. based on the one purchase. Others here did the same.

Since you had to contact Staples to get the additional rewards, the answer should be YMMV. Kiosk orders paid at the register are considered in-store purchases for Staples Rewards.

c3 said:   ...Since you had to contact Staples to get the additional rewards, the answer should be YMMV. Kiosk orders paid at the register are considered in-store purchases for Staples Rewards.I believe the reason they had to call was that they bought too late in the month. Should have bought earlier than Nov 30 after 4 PM which triggered a next day ship date.

mathfaster said:   c3 said:   ...Since you had to contact Staples to get the additional rewards, the answer should be YMMV. Kiosk orders paid at the register are considered in-store purchases for Staples Rewards.I believe the reason they had to call was that they bought too late in the month. Should have bought earlier than Nov 30 after 4 PM which triggered a next day ship date.

assuming this double/double deal runs to 3/2,

you are recommending doing a kiosk order around 2/25-6ish? 2/27-28 may be pushing it?

then you recycle on the day you order at the kiosk and then again on 3/1-to 3/3ish?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014