• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
mrlandlord said:   

I would love to feel confident to double dip by using the printable one ending in 23 instore and the one ending in 76 online. I dont know how anyone could know for sure whether it would work.

simplest is if a person lives near a Office Depot to try it out...worst case scenario is that it doesn't work, then return the in-store purchased items... (my opinion is to only do it if it's convenient)

Placed my order -- strangely & wonderfully, some art supplies seem to qualify. I was able, I think (hope), to apply the code to Prismacolor® Professional Thick Lead Art Pencils, Assorted Colors, Set Of 24

burkotron5k said:   Placed my order -- strangely & wonderfully, some art supplies seem to qualify. I was able, I think (hope), to apply the code to Prismacolor® Professional Thick Lead Art Pencils, Assorted Colors, Set Of 24

assuming you tested it out w/nothing else in your cart and it works, I'm thinking the word "pencils" in the description allows them to fall under writing instruments.

Thanks OP..

Has anyone pulled the trigger on using both codes and had success?

1brooklyn1 said:   Has anyone pulled the trigger on using both codes and had success?

How would you be able to tell if you had success?

mrlandlord said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Has anyone pulled the trigger on using both codes and had success?

How would you be able to tell if you had success?

Officially, it'll take 6 weeks to tell if a person "had success."

I personally believe the earliest we might see is when the purchase shows up on the rewards website, but that's my guess (and so far, my purchase has not shown up...maybe by end of the week

This coupon, IMO, is toxic. OD went from having an excellent FAR quarterly offering, to what is now a massive migraine headache.

I've tried 15 different items that are listed, all error out with both coupon codes. At least they error now, and not just silently rejected. Each and every one should qualify based on the site, and the coupon terms.

Oh wait, that's what would happen if I tried to buy these "qualifying items' in store... I just wouldn't get the rewards and have to call and fight with OD CS.

I'm about to throw in the towel and start picking legal pads.

Edit: Now the site seems to be completely fail: "There was a problem adding your item(s) to your cart. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-GO-DEPOT (1-800-463-3768) for assistance."

Edit: Threw in the towel, just going to pick up some uniballs and call it a day. If that doesn't honor/post later on, OD goes in the ban file.

1chris1 said:   It says filing is one of the catigories (on the HTML page), so we should be able to buy 4 of these and get $20 back in gas cards:

That rebate is confusing....At top it says buy 2....put the side indicates "quantity=1" for each of the products. So is that indicate that you have to buy 2 different products for each 10 dollar rebate.

maddybeagle said:   1chris1 said:   It says filing is one of the catigories (on the HTML page), so we should be able to buy 4 of these and get $20 back in gas cards:

That rebate is confusing....At top it says buy 2....put the side indicates "quantity=1" for each of the products. So is that indicate that you have to buy 2 different products for each 10 dollar rebate. Doesn't appear you can get the 20.

The form says you can get a $10 card for the purchase of two qualiying products, and the maximum limit (in the fine print at the bottom) is two rebates. I called PA in St Cloud, MN on 2/12 and talked to the guy who handles Smead rebates, about getting two $10 cards for 4 folders on one invoice. He said they are usually pretty good about noticing the purchase(s) so you could send one invoice with one form and they should validate it for two cards...he also said you can write them a short note in the blank space on the bottom left saying you qualify for two rebates.

To each their own, I suppose. I rather like this new way of having 100% reward items, at least I get to pick the items from a relatively large list. After all, how many batteries can you use in one lifetime.

asuka said:   This coupon, IMO, is toxic. OD went from having an excellent FAR quarterly offering, to what is now a massive migraine headache.

I've tried 15 different items that are listed, all error out with both coupon codes. At least they error now, and not just silently rejected. Each and every one should qualify based on the site, and the coupon terms.

Oh wait, that's what would happen if I tried to buy these "qualifying items' in store... I just wouldn't get the rewards and have to call and fight with OD CS.

I'm about to throw in the towel and start picking legal pads.

Edit: Now the site seems to be completely fail: "There was a problem adding your item(s) to your cart. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-GO-DEPOT (1-800-463-3768) for assistance."

Edit: Threw in the towel, just going to pick up some uniballs and call it a day. If that doesn't honor/post later on, OD goes in the ban file.

pkp413 said:   To each their own, I suppose. I rather like this new way of having 100% reward items, at least I get to pick the items from a relatively large list. After all, how many batteries can you use in one lifetime.

I saved hundreds of dollars on storage tubs, upgraded my entire supply of bankers boxes in storage to tubs that will last decades. Plus, I then went and spent those rewards on ink and other high-margin items back at OD.

In the end, OD killed a fly with a sledgehammer. There were plenty of ways to reform the system they had and keep customers profitable. Putting a cap on the old system, and having clearly defined SKUs, would avoid a lot of grief that I think is coming down the pipe.

I think in six weeks, a lot of people aren't going to get what they were expecting in the mail. Especially those who bought at B&M and have no clue their items were rejected for rewards. Most aren't FWers and most don't keep tabs on that stuff. That's the reason I'm the most angry.

pkp413 said:   To each their own, I suppose. I rather like this new way of having 100% reward items, at least I get to pick the items from a relatively large list. After all, how many batteries can you use in one lifetime.

From a personal standpoint (who doesn't need to purchase the stuff for work and simply does it as a unorthodox hobby ) it's not bad.

If I was truly buying stuff for work/organization, this is pretty decent since there are some supplies that if it wasn't for this promotion, would NEVER get anything decent for...(other than contributing to the yearly spending and stuff)

I think this is sorta Office Depot testing out response to see if shoppers will bite and then trying out other stuff later...

I have a question for those who might've done the 25%/50% rewards back with coupons before: how did the purchases with such coupons show up in the workliferewards purchase history and how long did they take to show up?

Reason: the purchases themselves are showing up, but so far they are not "qualified" yet...I am not too worried about this since the terms did say to give it upto 6 weeks. Also, the summary area seems a bit strange since it looks like the following:

Ink
Paper
Copy/Print
Toner
Copy/Print

Just a heads up.

Same situation: my purchase showed up in WLR, but (so far) it is not "qualified." And I bought what I thought were safe "office essentials" items -- Staples, rubber bands, folders.

So, yeah, it seems a pro with the "prior" system was that, because there was a list of qualified items, you could feel secure in knowing they qualified, and when they showed up in WLR they showed as qualified immediately.

As it is now, it's a hassle to remember to check IF the purchase qualified, and if it doesn't qualify until after the promo week you lost the opportunity to make a replacement purchase that might qualify (unless you hedge by making more purchases!), plus return the unqualified purchase(s).
All of which is more hassle than it's worth IMHO.

Come on, Office Depot, we know you read this! When purchases appear in WLR they should be qualified or NOT at that moment, not up to 6 weeks later.

87pathfinder said:    When purchases appear in WLR they should be qualified or NOT at that moment, not up to 6 weeks later.

To be fair to OD, they used to take forever in "qualifying" the 100% FARewards promos.. I think it was only in october 2012 that they started the nicer looking system where a person can tell instantly which items were FARewards and whatnot

My cashier told me the coupon came up green, i bought a pen($49.99). She said if the screen turns green(her screen) the pen is good. She also said if you have multiple items she cannot tell which are good and which aren't. Lots of questions very few answers in this post. I think it would be hard to include writing instruments and not cover a pen. They are pretty good about returns so i am not worried. The pen just goes in my drawer for a week and then i should know.

I called OD
as per them
Smead® TUFF® Expanding File With Open Top, 21 Pockets, A-Z, 12" x 10" Letter Size, 30% Recycled, Brown [211193] - $10.87
Smead® TUFF® Expanding File With Open Top, 12 Pockets, Monthly, 12" x 10" Letter Size, 30% Recycled, Brown [211219] - $10.87

are not eligibel for 100% rewards

Can anyone plz confirm.

OD 100% (shows filing)
Disclaimer
mjabeen said:   I called OD
as per them
Smead® TUFF® Expanding File With Open Top, 21 Pockets, A-Z, 12" x 10" Letter Size, 30% Recycled, Brown [211193] - $10.87
Smead® TUFF® Expanding File With Open Top, 12 Pockets, Monthly, 12" x 10" Letter Size, 30% Recycled, Brown [211219] - $10.87

Can anyone plz confirm.
This is all very confusing, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't honor it.

First of all, I thought there were two codes, and either one ONLY worked with the qualifying items. Secondly, I was going by the OD HTML promo landing page itself, which had this banner showing FILING very clearly as one of the listed catigories. If OD thinks they can allow the supposedly "exclusive" code(s) for 100% to work with filing, display it that was on the pages and not honor it, then this is a huge screw up.

I ordered folders and half sheet Staples, as they were both shown as "catigories" to shop from right on the promo page. I'm going to have to call WR now and see what is going on. Thanks mjabeen for posting about this!

edit: I just called a WR CSR, who said Filing should count. They also checked my order (which contains 2x each of both SKUs) and he said those should count for the 100% back. He also mentioned that this promo is unique (in that past ones were SKU-specific), and this is catigory specific and has a max dollar limit of $50. I forgot to ask about the multiple codes.

Personally, I think they forgot to put "filing" on the fine print (on both coupons), since it's so prominently displayed on the pages. There were also previous occasions with the SKU-specific 100% promos, where "extra" items were included on OD.com, but WR made sure those got included anyways.

mjabeen said:   I called OD
as per them

Can anyone plz confirm.

Welcome to FW. I appreciate that you decide to make your first post/reply/contribution to Fatwallet in this thread. Sometimes, CS provide mixed (and occasionally confusing) information. Everyone is human... I tend to be optimistic and will hope for the best. I believe that the items above will qualify in the end (I haven't checked using the code-check method (primitive/inefficient, but seems to be working) but I believe this coupon code will work on a LOT of items) At worst, if a person ordered stuff that doesn't qualify, as long as the receipt is available, it should be relatively easy to return. Hope this helps!

Does anyone's acct reflect the promotion? Mine does not.

Kev

at this point, it's a waiting game of up to 6weeks (according to terms of the coupon)...you could call CS, though to be on the safe side

Still nothing. hopefully they are just slow or else they will be getting a lot of call in teh next few weeks.

i'll probably start calling at the end of next week (that should be easily 4 weeks...)

good news, the rewards are showing up...but check for yourself...if your order was split into 2 (like me) then the bigger one might not be showing up.

My 50 showed up, also...I only did the 1 code and curious if anybody got rewards on both codes.

I am also having the problem of a split order, and not showing the full reward. In e-mail with support.

FYI, I had to follow up with support, and they are making sure my full reward posts. If you ordered more than one item, you may have run into the same scenario. Good idea to check your rewards now.

burkotron5k said:   FYI, I had to follow up with support, and they are making sure my full reward posts. If you ordered more than one item, you may have run into the same scenario. Good idea to check your rewards now.

after you talked to support, did the full reward post or did they tell you how long it'd take? (I spoke to a Kristen(?) on 3/15 and I'm thinking to call them again since they told me to wait for this week...)

VivYip said:   burkotron5k said:   FYI, I had to follow up with support, and they are making sure my full reward posts. If you ordered more than one item, you may have run into the same scenario. Good idea to check your rewards now.

after you talked to support, did the full reward post or did they tell you how long it'd take? (I spoke to a Kristen(?) on 3/15 and I'm thinking to call them again since they told me to wait for this week...)

From their e-mail confirmation to my support request:

This reward certificate will be available on your rewards account within 7 - 10 days. You will receive a notification via email when your rewards are available online. After the email is received, please log into your rewards account and go to “Get My Rewards” page to print this reward certificate.

maddybeagle said:   1chris1 said:   It says filing is one of the catigories (on the HTML page), so we should be able to buy 4 of these and get $20 back in gas cards:

That rebate is confusing....At top it says buy 2....put the side indicates "quantity=1" for each of the products. So is that indicate that you have to buy 2 different products for each 10 dollar rebate.

I got gas cards today from Smead...20 dollars total.

for those who might've been in my situation (split orders resulting in possibly only a portion of 100% FARewards) I had to contact via email through the contact form and then they sent me the $42.92 reward certificate within 48hrs...it has an expiration of endof june, but it was very nice!)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014