• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Utilitech Swivel Xenon Linking-Dw 4-Light Stainless ....above cabinet lighting clearance at many stores for $16.xx.

Lowes Item # 283543

LOWES LINK TO LIGHTS

Reviews are positive on these light with a photo to get an idea what these look like once installed. Hope you can find some!

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

light
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Plenty around me in various stores....but none had them for the $16 price....or even off of MSRP, for that matter.

Nice deal. Stock at that price is very sparse near me. Long Beach, CA and La Habra, CA both have a few at that price.

Just picked up my lights and I'm very pleased with them. You can hard wire these lights as they come with wire nuts and all the other hardware or you can use the cord that is included and just piggy back them together. Two settings on the lights (hi and low) add to the versatility plus the whole light swivels about 120 degs so you can direct the light were you want. All in all a steal for $15-16...hope some FW's were able to find them at this priced!

Starting to wonder if the Saginaw, MI Lowe's will ever actually participate in any of these deals that keep getting posted.

brotherhpj said:   Just picked up my lights and I'm very pleased with them. You can hard wire these lights as they come with wire nuts and all the other hardware or you can use the cord that is included and just piggy back them together. Two settings on the lights (hi and low) add to the versatility plus the whole light swivels about 120 degs so you can direct the light were you want. All in all a steal for $15-16...hope some FW's were able to find them at this priced!

What zip code?

Xenon has fantastic color rendition, but the power requirements are keeping me away from this one. Each fixture uses four 20 watt Xenon bi-pin G8 base bulbs, for 80w total power consumption per unit. So one under-cabinet fixture (I have 5) would use as much as the 9 Cree cans I have in my kitchen, and five would be the equivalent of turning on all of the ~50 Cree cans I've got across 2 floors of my house.

DerProfi said:    So one under-cabinet fixture (I have 5) would use as much as the 9 Cree cans I have in my kitchen, and five would be the equivalent of turning on all of the ~50 Cree cans I've got across 2 floors of my house.

Agreed. Just stick to candles.

respdoc said:   DerProfi said:    So one under-cabinet fixture (I have 5) would use as much as the 9 Cree cans I have in my kitchen, and five would be the equivalent of turning on all of the ~50 Cree cans I've got across 2 floors of my house.

Actually, the builder installed fluorescent under-cabinet lighting which I hate and I've been looking to replace, but 400 watts for 5 under-cabinet lights is insane given investment I've made to lower my power bill by retrofitting the rest of the house with LED. Do you disagree, or do you just have crazy low utility rates (or a tiny kitchen)? Lots of people consider power consumption one of the more important factors in lighting purchases, so I just wanted to make sure the info was out there.

DerProfi said:   respdoc said:   DerProfi said:    So one under-cabinet fixture (I have 5) would use as much as the 9 Cree cans I have in my kitchen, and five would be the equivalent of turning on all of the ~50 Cree cans I've got across 2 floors of my house.

Actually, the builder installed fluorescent under-cabinet lighting which I hate and I've been looking to replace, but 400 watts for 5 under-cabinet lights is insane given investment I've made to lower my power bill by retrofitting the rest of the house with LED. Do you disagree, or do you just have crazy low utility rates (or a tiny kitchen)? Lots of people consider power consumption one of the more important factors in lighting purchases, so I just wanted to make sure the info was out there.

Actually I do use quite a bit of candles..but that's beside the point. In regards to this deal...one of the key factors would also be initial cost. If you can pick them up for $16 (plus the 10% coupons floating around) it's a good deal. You can also use that savings to offset the power cost. At $41 though..I wouldn't.

jaxguy said:   brotherhpj said:   Just picked up my lights and I'm very pleased with them. You can hard wire these lights as they come with wire nuts and all the other hardware or you can use the cord that is included and just piggy back them together. Two settings on the lights (hi and low) add to the versatility plus the whole light swivels about 120 degs so you can direct the light were you want. All in all a steal for $15-16...hope some FW's were able to find them at this priced!

What zip code?

At full power these lights will be too much for under/over cab lighting so it is a good idea/recommened to install a dimmer switch to control the amount of brightness. This being said the power consumption will decrease accordingly.

The other lengths of this light are also on clearance. I found 18", 12", and 7" models priced $13.99, $11.59, $9.19 respectively.

brotherhpj said:   At full power these lights will be too much for under/over cab lighting so it is a good idea/recommened to install a dimmer switch to control the amount of brightness.

Unfortunately, the installation instructions state you may not use a dimmer switch on this unit.

Seems to be back to full price now, unfortunately.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014