rated:
Link

*thanks Janerl

Member Summary

pressure cooker
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Size: 8 Quart

- Cooks three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods, saving time, energy, and money.
- Luxurious stainless steel with tri-clad base for fast, even heating.
- Quick pressure/steam release system.
- Includes cooking rack and complete 64-page instruction/recipe book.
- 10-3/4 by 15 by 9-1/3 inches; 12 year limited warranty.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I paid $65 in May. Worth every penny.

It does tend to scorch on the lower sides a bit when browning in it, but easly cleaned with Barkeeper's Friend when needed. Could also be partly due to the "power burner" I use it on.

If anyone is kicking around the idea of going with a cheaper aluminum one, let me warn you that I have one and everytime it touches my sink (white sink) it leaves marks and I have to barkeeps friend the sink after cleaning the pressure washer. I already knew the problems with aluminum and tomatoes or other acidic foods but knowing that it would mark my sink would have caused me to spring for a more expensive model made with a better alloy. My pressure cooker does work great though for lots of things so if you are new to cooking with pressure I would recommend one like this to avoid the minor headaches that aluminum has.

Looks like only 15 psi and not adjustable pressure? Still, I love my current pressure cooker and I think I want to get this one since it's bigger and stainless.

in for 1

THANKS OP!

I am well on my way to being a broke member!

boy141 said:   THANKS OP!

Luckily your pressure cooker will be perfect for making beans for for dinner when you can't afford anything else

BTW, Lorna Sass has the best Pressure Cooker cookbooks. Her vegetarian one has a Thai Chickpea recipe that is AMAZING. Also really like the red beans and rice recipe.

VERY Strange:

After ordering 2 hrs ago I clicked on the item from my order and it showed identical item from another seller selling at $38.73 ! but from someone else through Amazon...

Like a fool I called Amazon instead of buying it 1st and then calling, and while they were listening to my request for price adjustment that item got sold out

Lucky those others who got in as even with some shipping that was couple of bucks cheaper ....

Sigh.... may be not strange at all, business as usual on Amazon

Appear to be already gone. Now it's $62.93 & 3-6 weeks ship time.

already price up to $62.93

archena said:   already price up to $62.93

Don't worry it changes every few seconds, 74.18 now, ... won't be surpeised on some downward movements also in between though less likely

I missed the 38.73 + shipping deal but got in to OP's deal, that was great already

Jamieson22 said:   boy141 said:   THANKS OP!

Luckily your pressure cooker will be perfect for making beans for for dinner when you can't afford anything else

BTW, Lorna Sass has the best Pressure Cooker cookbooks. Her vegetarian one has a Thai Chickpea recipe that is AMAZING. Also really like the red beans and rice recipe.

You know what ironic? I'm Thai. haha.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014