• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
this isn't really a NAS. NAS do not require proprietory software, a real NAS can also be used without even having internet.. this thing you must upload to a server before you can download your own files. it has also been up for sale so many times its ridiculous. not sure why FW still keeps posting this, it has horrible reviews.

edsloter said:   this isn't really a NAS. NAS do not require proprietory software, a real NAS can also be used without even having internet.. this thing you must upload to a server before you can download your own files. it has also been up for sale so many times its ridiculous. not sure why FW still keeps posting this, it has horrible reviews.

It probably gets posted because it makes a pretty functional, low power and affordable NAS that can run Arch Linux Arm for under 20 dollars.

For me it does local media sharing through SMB. Runs a ftp and DNLA server. Runs Sickbeard, Couchpotato, and downlaods via torrents or newsgroups.

But I can agree, Stock... it's basically just cloud storage.

edsloter said:   this isn't really a NAS. NAS do not require proprietory software, a real NAS can also be used without even having internet.. this thing you must upload to a server before you can download your own files. it has also been up for sale so many times its ridiculous. not sure why FW still keeps posting this, it has horrible reviews.

This model doesn't require any proprietary software(I think the 4th version does). Add a drive. Hook it up to your network. You'll need to register it to enable windows file sharing and change the workgroup(also enable ssh). Once you do that, you don't need the internet. It should now show up as a network device on all the PCs on your network. Mine shows up as FADSsomething. You can map it to a drive letter(or not) and use it strictly as a NAS. No software needed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014