• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Normal price $399.99 + tax = $431.27

Sale price = $199.99 + tax = $215.63
5% Cash Back at Sony store from Fatwallet.
Sign up for Sony Credit Card and use it to place your order. Get $100 rebate credit to card (in 6-8 weeks).
Free shipping.

$199.99 - Headphones
$15.64 - Tax
-$10.00 - FatWallet Cash Back
-$100.00- CC Rebate
-------------------------
$105.63

Savings = $325.64

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?c...

Sony
See Sony discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ony MDR-NC500D Noise Canceling Headphones
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You are going to get plenty of red for including a CC signup bonus in your calculations.

OK with me. If you don't have a Sony CC yet, you get the $100. Plus it is a no annual fee card.
If I pay it off right away, it will actually improve my credit score.
Without the CC deal, still a good deal. Normal lowest price I can find is $264 from MacMall.

So, that's what it cost me. I guess YMMV.

Ordered on Tues 02/12/13. Scheduled for delivery by FedEx ground on Fri 02/15/13.
Shipped from CARSON, CA.
I'll report back when they arrive and give a quick review.

So in order to get the 105.63 price, I need to sign up for a new credit card and then immediately cancel it? Isn't that kind of shady? Doesn't this look bad to people who want to issue me future credit? Won't my FICO take a hit potentially much greater than the $100 I save using this shady tactic?

So using the same logic - Let's all open a new "Chase: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card" - This rewards card from Southwest Airlines offers a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points, which translates to $830 in plane tickets. You can then just cancel the card immediately after you get the points, what a deal! To hell with my credit, who needs a car loan or mortgage anyway?
http://www.gobankingrates.com/credit-card-rates/best-credit-card...

You don't have to cancel the card. It is a no annual fee card. If you pay it off, it'll actually improve your credit score. And there is no cost to you to hold the card.

I'm sorry, is this a post about headphones, or about a new credit card? The way I see it, the topic should be changed to: Sony MDR-NC500D Noise Canceling Headphones $205.63

Credit card deals should be posted here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/

I'll post a review of the Headphones once they arrive, which should be tomorrow according to FedEx tracking.
Like I said, my cost was $105.63.
YMMV.

2/15/2013 - Friday
9:53 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

I'll report back after they are delivered and give a review.

These arrived this morning and I have to say, they are well worth the $106!
The noise cancellation is superb! No high pitched distortion or hiss from the cancellation.
Sound quality is also very good.
Headphones have a built in rechargeable battery. Also can be powered by the included AA battery adapter. 2 AA batteries included. Comes with 2 different length 1/8" cables, 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, 1/8" to airplane adapter, AC charger and case.
A few drawbacks:
Cannot play sound without the noise cancelling on and therefore cannot play sound without power (either from the internal battery or from the external batteries)
Foam is a bit stiff but I think it will soften over time.

All in all they are a great buy for $106!

NxN2005 said:   You are going to get plenty of red for including a CC signup bonus in your calculations.

Not only that...they are junk. Introducing anything to sound is an abomination.

qube said:   
Not only that...they are junk. Introducing anything to sound is an abomination.

Suit yourself guy. I travel frequently and having noise cancelling headphones on the airplane is a godsend!
But, to each their own!

This from the user guide:
Magnesium and 7075 aluminum are used as the material for the housing and the headband, respectively.
By using these unstintingly, the mass is reduced to as small as 195 g

I hope you were able to cash in on this deal!
I got my card statement today and the $100 credit appeared 5 days after purchase.
I did not have to pay the bill and then wait for a credit.
So, total paid before FWCB was $115.64

Anyhow, Sony.com price is back up to $399.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014