• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

dog (21.28kB)
Disclaimer
Pet Adoption Deal: Our pals at FortLauderdaleontheCheap.com tell about a $14 offer to adopt a cat or dog from Broward Aniamal Care centers through Feb.17.

Member Summary

Adopt a Pet (22.43kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks! Will at least check it out this weekend

Thanks! Will at least check it out this weekend

Wow. This is a very sweet deal indeed:

Valentine's Special! Beginning Valentine's Day, February 14, through Sunday, February 17, you can adopt your "Funny Valentine" for only $14! Adoptions include all necessary vaccinations, sterilization, microchip, and Pet Registration tag--a $200 value! So don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to share your love with a homeless pet!

Broward Animal Care Center Looking at the inventory, I see a pair of Rhodesian Ridgebacks and a Basenji, so they have some cool animals available.

Thanks OP for a great deal that is out of the ordinary!!

If a higher adoption fee is preventing you from adopting a pet, call around to your local rescues and ask if they have any special offers. Many have similar special adoption fees, particularly for pets who have been in the rescue for a long time. Even normal adoption fees are great deals considering the costs of vetting, sterilization, microchipping, etc.

Great deal....as long as the people adopting at these deal rates can actually afford to own and properly care for a pet. Sometimes there deals worry me.

reikimom1 said:   Great deal....as long as the people adopting at these deal rates can actually afford to own and properly care for a pet. Sometimes there deals worry me.

I was worried about this, too, when I heard about lowered fees when first volunteering with a pet rescue. However, research into the issue has shown that lower adoption fees aren't correlated with improper care of adopted pet. Most applications will have questions regarding living arrangements and most adoption counselors will talk to the applicants about pet care basics. Not all pets will get premium pet food and biannual vet appointments, but that doesn't make any less loved or happy.

Good to know. It's not the premium pet food I am concerned about but the ability and willingness to provide vet care for the more complicated issues such as dental, labs, surgery, etc. Pet are much more expensive to care for properly than most people know. I am happy to hear some might get new homes, but I hate to see pets surrendered when owners cannot, or will not, pay for necessary medical intervention.

reikimom1 said:   Good to know. It's not the premium pet food I am concerned about but the ability and willingness to provide vet care for the more complicated issues such as dental, labs, surgery, etc. Pet are much more expensive to care for properly than most people know. I am happy to hear some might get new homes, but I hate to see pets surrendered when owners cannot, or will not, pay for necessary medical intervention.

Very true. One of the cool things about the Broward facilities (I don't live in Broward, but I am aware of them) is that they offer a lot of support to pet owners, including low-cost clinics. And they also refer to veterinarians who are willing to work with people who struggle to afford more complex care.

reikimom1 said:   Good to know. It's not the premium pet food I am concerned about but the ability and willingness to provide vet care for the more complicated issues such as dental, labs, surgery, etc. Pet are much more expensive to care for properly than most people know. I am happy to hear some might get new homes, but I hate to see pets surrendered when owners cannot, or will not, pay for necessary medical intervention.

Some are surrendered. Some get low-cost clinic options. Some people raise money medical costs. Some pets die from disease, accidents or old age. The alternative is euthanizing the pets before they even had the chance to have a home and a life. Pets are definitely not something to get without thought, but they can be very happy and live long lives with families who don't have a lot of money to devote to advanced health care.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014