• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.sears.com/bosch-24inch-built-in-dishwasher-black/p-02...

note...AD CLEARLY SHOWS Free Install after MIR . Says details avail in store, no rebate form at link, likely a form at the store.

But info is valid on free install.

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

bosch (25.73kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Installing a dishwasher is a snap.. 10 minute job..

Bizatch said:   Installing a dishwasher is a snap.. 10 minute job..

hey, all the power to you if you can, but many can't and most place do charge about $150 or more to do so. free is good if you don't know how or can't.

BOSCH d/w are the worst in the business to install. Nothing lines up and sometimes extensive modifications are necessary. Water lines are a pain,
may have to be redone from basement up to unit or from next door cabinet..
Also, make sure you have the hand size of a six year old child so you can make the final electrical connection while lying on the floor,
on your stomach.
I installed hundreds of d/w in my career, so what I say is first hand. For the record I have a BOSCH in our home and it is a great unit, but a 10 minute job, as stated, NO WAY!!!!

Just an update. Called Sears direct and the installation is NOT FREE. It has to be delivered and delivery is $69.95. If you pick it up yourself it does not qualify.
This is how Sears puts it to the customer!!!!!!

wcjrjr said:   BOSCH d/w are the worst in the business to install. Nothing lines up and sometimes extensive modifications are necessary. Water lines are a pain,
may have to be redone from basement up to unit or from next door cabinet..
Also, make sure you have the hand size of a six year old child so you can make the final electrical connection while lying on the floor,
on your stomach.
I installed hundreds of d/w in my career, so what I say is first hand. For the record I have a BOSCH in our home and it is a great unit, but a 10 minute job, as stated, NO WAY!!!!

Not to discount your extensive experience but my Bosch took maybe 15 minutes . swapped out an old kenmore . easy peasy ...

I recently installed a Bosch dishwasher too and it was simple. Took me longer than 15 minutes, but I'm slow.

I had never installed a dishwasher until ~3 years ago, but since then I've done 2 Bosch with no problems. Not super fast, mind you, but not an all afternoon project.

One suggestion if installing any dishwasher yourself. Change the copper hot water tubing with Stainless Steel Braided Water Supply Hose. Makes life so much easier. My old dishwasher had copper tubing and I tried to use the same with the old one and it was just a big pain.

I don't do dishwashers, but I have been following the installers discussions on a Sears forum for those of us that do contract work for Sears...

Seems there is a code change in the way dishwashers are installed. I think the change is from a plug in cord to a hardwired connection. Always check your local code before installing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014