• Text Only
bokey said:   And my local store says "The product or category you were looking for is no longer available."

Red on this deal

Did you call the store and ask if they carry this printer? They should, every one in this area does.

Upcoming (93.26kB)
Disclaimer
bokey said:   And my local store says "The product or category you were looking for is no longer available."

Red on this deal

"starts 2/17"

Thanks for this

aarzi said:   g0dMAn said:   SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...
If you find a color laser printer that scans and faxes, wireless, sheet feeder, for $60, THAT will be front page, I'm in if you do.

I'm with you, man... Only my wife made me get her just that... Cost me $400!!!
Bought from the Ukraine?

From Ukraine??????? which one printer or wife????? for 400????

I have this printer and will sometimes pull more than one sheet at a time when scanning.
I wish I went for the duplex version, but all in all very happy with the printer and cheap ink from Amazon.

robby69 said:   20 document sheet feeding scanner never jams, and its fast too.
Printer automatically runs nozzle cleaning cycles so ink doesn't dry out.
For the money, you won't find a better multifunction printer.

belgique said:   This is a great product, the competitive product made by Samsung (that I own) is horrible...slow...very expensive toner
but I would recommend this product highly.

This is what I am using now and I highly recommend it.

I wish it has scan to network capability but for the price it's a great printer with really cheap ink.

grandslampobah said:   Great deal! Sometimes its worth it to buy a whole new printer rather than paying for ink & toner!

Not for this one.

Red on this deal

reading comprehension for bokey is no longer available.

Red on your FAIL!

bokey said:   From Staples website- "Available In-Store Only."
Yup, I saw the same thing. Wonder if folks went ahead and ordered online to price match later.
I thought about trying that but wasn't sure how it would work and looks like I missed the boat.

SpacelySprockets said:   bokey said:   From Staples website- "Available In-Store Only."
Yup, I saw the same thing. Wonder if folks went ahead and ordered online to price match later.
I thought about trying that but wasn't sure how it would work and looks like I missed the boat.

I'm leery of that comment, this item has ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS been available on line. we shall see on Sunday.

note, when I posted this yesterday, the link showed it to be added to cart. They may have temporarily pulled it from online ordering til Sunday.

When the heads clog from dried ink stick a cotton ball soaked in ammonia beside them overnight and you'll be back in business.

aarzi said:   g0dMAn said:   SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...
If you find a color laser printer that scans and faxes, wireless, sheet feeder, for $60, THAT will be front page, I'm in if you do.

Bought from the Ukraine?

If anyone is comparison shopping the printer does cause some problems but fewer than the wife, plus Staples has a money back return period and for a few bucks more you can get an extended warranty.

SpacelySprockets said:   bokey said:   From Staples website- "Available In-Store Only."

If they did they are out of luck.

And BTW thanks to those who gave me red for helping clarify things.Have any of YOU ever made a constructive post or do you just give those who do red and get all sweaty?

"Hi XXXXX, thank you for contacting Staples regarding our products, Staples Item #344773---Brother MFC-J430w Inkjet All-in-One.

I do apologize: But unfortunately to answer your question concerning-(Can I buy it today?) The answered will be no.

We don't price match to competitor or our own local or special events (e.g., grand opening, anniversary, clearance or liquidation sales). We also don't price match: our Staples® EasyTechsm services. We don't price match items sold on auction sites; taxes and typographical errors; and gift cards, gift checks, or merchandise credits

Whatever

Bought from the Ukraine?

What's the cheapest deal on a decent color laser printer with similar features that you've seen? From what I've seen the prices for laser are in that range.

bokey said:   SpacelySprockets said:   bokey said:   From Staples website- "Available In-Store Only."

If they did they are out of luck.

And BTW thanks to those who gave me red for helping clarify things.Have any of YOU ever made a constructive post or do you just give those who do red and get all sweaty?

"Hi XXXXX, thank you for contacting Staples regarding our products, Staples Item #344773---Brother MFC-J430w Inkjet All-in-One.

I do apologize: But unfortunately to answer your question concerning-(Can I buy it today?) The answered will be no.

We don't price match to competitor or our own local or special events (e.g., grand opening, anniversary, clearance or liquidation sales). We also don't price match: our Staples® EasyTechsm services. We don't price match items sold on auction sites; taxes and typographical errors; and gift cards, gift checks, or merchandise credits

Good think I didn't jump the gun then. And maybe nobody did, maybe it's just Staples jacking around with their system prior to the sale. The printer still shows up in stock at a number of local stores so just seems to be an online issue as of now, last night it was available online for me. Anyway, still a couple days to go, we'll see. I have a Brother MFC-440CN which I like although it is showing it's age a bit after years of service. The real problem is the cyan isn't printing well, between 1/2-3/4 of the squares fail to print in a print quality test. So far as I know there is no easy way to remedy that. I have run many many cleanings but that didn't fix it as it has in the past. Found a couple videos on youtube of folks taking their Brother MFCs apart to get the print head out for clean but not sure I'm up to that for a relatively low end printer. Saw above "russellt" suggested "When the heads clog from dried ink stick a cotton ball soaked in ammonia beside them overnight and you'll be back in business.". I'll have to take a look at that, not sure it's as simple as it sounds. Anyway, if I can't resolve that in the next couple days, might be time for a new one, heck might be time even if I do resolve it, so thanks, , I didn't give any red, seems like a decent deal to me. Might have been similar deals at points in the past, but so what? Unless one has a time machine, now is all that counts...

Re: print heads clogging ---

Leave the printer on 24/7. It goes into low power sleep mode when idle but occasionally wakes up and refreshes the ink in the print heads if it hasn't been used in a while. It does use a little bit of juice leaving it on, but not enough to be worth having the print heads dry out.

peas said:   Re: print heads clogging ---

Leave the printer on 24/7. It goes into low power sleep mode when idle but occasionally wakes up and refreshes the ink in the print heads if it hasn't been used in a while. It does use a little bit of juice leaving it on, but not enough to be worth having the print heads dry out.

My MFC-440CN actually had a firmware update which, among other fixes, made it clean the heads less. A the time I thought it was a good thing but now it's clogged I wonder, hah! Actually as I recall it was cleaning so much that you could really notice the ink going down so it was probably needed. Not sure why mine clogged, guess over time with some periods of low use just caught up to me. Maybe the cheap ink had something to do with it, not sure. I would like to think not as I used cheap ink successfully for a long time as reportedly have others. Maybe that ink cartridge ran low and I didn't notice in time. That would probably do it as the printer can't keep the ink flowing via cleaning cycles if there isn't any ink in the cartridge,

The weekly ad preview shows the same price at OfficeMax next week.

This is a good unit to print things at a small cost. Ink carts are under $1 each, The scanner works easily. Copy function works easily. I use the Staples free paper, and print coupons to save even more $$.

uozzim said:   The weekly ad preview shows the same price at OfficeMax next week.

thx! added info to op.

smalldeal said:   belgique said:   This is a great product, the competitive product made by Samsung (that I own) is horrible...slow...very expensive toner

I wish it has scan to network capability but for the price it's a great printer with really cheap ink.

"Scan To" Feature†: E-mail, Image, and OCR
http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFCJ430W?tab=spec#....

Older MFC-490CW allows scanning from printer buttons or PC SW App. Does the 430 omit the former function, web site seems to say feature is included.

Does anyone have experience with duplex inkjet print quality? At first glance, I would expect there to be issues with smudging. Any feedback?

russellt said:   aarzi said:   g0dMAn said:   SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...

Bought from the Ukraine?

If anyone is comparison shopping the printer does cause some problems but fewer than the wife, plus Staples has a money back return period and for a few bucks more you can get an extended warranty.

Does the extended warranty cover "both"?

Can wife get one for "spouse"?

smalldeal said:   belgique said:   This is a great product, the competitive product made by Samsung (that I own) is horrible...slow...very expensive toner

I can currently scan from any Windows PC on my home network that has the Brother software installed with my MFC-440CN.
From the downloadable manuals looks like the MFC-J430W works the same way. Am I missing something?

I got one of these for someone a week ago when Office Depot had them as this price. After setting it up and installing drivers on a couple of the computers there, I was able to select scan to computer (on the printer) and then select any computer that had the drivers installed. I didn't see a 'scan to network' option (where you can scan it to a network drive) but this was close enough.

Once I got the drivers installed, the printer worked great and the quality seemed fine.

Scanning (71.93kB)
Disclaimer
SpacelySprockets said:   smalldeal said:   belgique said:   This is a great product, the competitive product made by Samsung (that I own) is horrible...slow...very expensive toner

I can currently scan from any Windows PC on my home network that has the Brother software installed with my MFC-440CN.
From the downloadable manuals looks like the MFC-J430W works the same way. Am I missing something?

Seems like many previous Brother All-In-One models, based on the user guide, the MFC-430 has network scanning capability both from the device and a computer loaded with the appropriate software. See image attached.

Dwarf2k said:   I got one of these for someone a week ago when Office Depot had them as this price. After setting it up and installing drivers on a couple of the computers there, I was able to select scan to computer (on the printer) and then select any computer that had the drivers installed. I didn't see a 'scan to network' option (where you can scan it to a network drive) but this was close enough.

Once I got the drivers installed, the printer worked great and the quality seemed fine.

OK perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of "scan to network". I thought he meant "scan to network PC" which near as I can tell you can.

I also have this printer, cost wise it's great, quality wise it is good, however I always have trouble using the menu buttons, not the most obvious layout. Overall great unit with a few challenges.

pprogram said:   Does anyone have experience with duplex inkjet print quality? At first glance, I would expect there to be issues with smudging. Any feedback?

I print about 2/3 of my work in duplex on my 825 (the 430 in this post doesn't do auto duplex), and use plain-Jane 20# paper (basically, whatever Staples has FAR or pays me to take from their store)... I have no issues with smudging or anything else. When the printer is done with the first side, there is a short pause before it snatches the paper up to run through on the other side. My guess is that's there to allow the ink to flash off.

uozzim said:   The weekly ad preview shows the same price at OfficeMax next week.
Looks like Office Depot as well.

drnyinyithan said:   aarzi said:   g0dMAn said:   SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...

Bought from the Ukraine?

From Ukraine??????? which one printer or wife????? for 400????

The wife of course. The one that makes you spend, spend, spend....
Buy cheap, suffer later

I have a J410w that I've been using for a looong time...cheap ink..still works great...this is a very good deal

Good deal. Just my 2cents.
I have this printer for quite some time. It works good.
However time to time (probably once in a month or two), it looses the wireless connectivity. So from your pc if you launch the scanner app, it won't see it (I have two systems and verified that they are the case with both). You need to reset the power on the printer then it would work. Upgraded the FW via USB as well. Still same. I am OK with resetting once in a month or two.

Great printer and cheap ink. I have one in th garage as a backup just in case they discontinue it.

SpacelySprockets said:   peas said:   Re: print heads clogging ---

My MFC-440CN actually had a firmware update which, among other fixes, made it clean the heads less. A the time I thought it was a good thing but now it's clogged I wonder, hah! Actually as I recall it was cleaning so much that you could really notice the ink going down so it was probably needed. Not sure why mine clogged, guess over time with some periods of low use just caught up to me. Maybe the cheap ink had something to do with it, not sure. I would like to think not as I used cheap ink successfully for a long time as reportedly have others. Maybe that ink cartridge ran low and I didn't notice in time. That would probably do it as the printer can't keep the ink flowing via cleaning cycles if there isn't any ink in the cartridge,

I've had a 440cn for years, using generics, and went a long time with it unplugged so it wouldn't waste ink during cleaning. Eventually, even with brand new carts, the print quality was TERRIBLE, and black was completely clogged. I thought it was ruined.

Until I tried this fix (with generic Meritline carts.)http://www.fixya.com/support/t369349-brother_mfc_440cn_print_color

It prints like new again

cody6051 said:   SpacelySprockets said:   peas said:   Re: print heads clogging ---

I've had a 440cn for years, using generics, and went a long time with it unplugged so it wouldn't waste ink during cleaning. Eventually, even with brand new carts, the print quality was TERRIBLE, and black was completely clogged. I thought it was ruined.

Until I tried this fix (with generic Meritline carts.)http://www.fixya.com/support/t369349-brother_mfc_440cn_print_color

It prints like new again

Thanks. Damn, glad it worked for you. I already tried the maintenance mode 764 and 763 cleans and no joy here. I was also using Meritline ink by chance, hah. Next up might try a few drops of Windex or one of those kits with some mild solvent and a syringe with flexible tube to inject it.At some point I may decide it's not worth it and give up, just not quite yet.

are you still allowed to trade-in a printer at Staples these days? i have a few old ones laying around.

jignesh said:   are you still allowed to trade-in a printer at Staples these days? i have a few old ones laying around.See the weekly ad. Trade-ins come and go but are usually limited to printers regularly priced >= $299 although they can be on sale and still meet the $299 regular price for trade-in.

spater said:   Amyone know if the wired and wireless connection can be used at the same time. The HP that I have cannot be wired to main desktop and used in wireless mode. Also it drops the wireless pasword anytime I have to reboot the modem. will this printer solve either of those problems?

I have one from a previous deal months ago, I have it cabled to one computer and print from another through the wireless network all the time.
Don't know about the password issue, my wireless is open.
This is my 3rd Brother printer, one refurb is at least 4-5 years old and still going strong, 2nd refurb clogged up after a year or so.
I really like Brother printers, print quality is amazing, speed is very good, ink is cheap.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014