• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Brother MFC-J430w
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

dumpsterDiva (May. 05, 2013 @ 1:02a) |

You did well for yourself.

aarzi (May. 05, 2013 @ 3:58p) |

One disappointment was that the "paperless faxing" promised isn't truly paperless, because the only way to see a fax con... (more)

dumpsterDiva (May. 06, 2013 @ 2:31a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What do you mean by "cheap ink printer"? And who's the avatar?

vadeltachi said:   What do you mean by "cheap ink printer"? And who's the avatar?

I mean the generic ink carts for this printer are about $1-2 a pop. then when then are empty, bring them to Staples/OD for $2 recycle credit. in essence, your ongoing ink costs are free or a MM.

The avatar is Uncle Arthur. Perhaps you've met him?

Great printer. Print wireless from your phone.

hey mistercheap

How does this work? Do you mean we can buy generic ink on Amazon and then bring in each cartridge to Staples for $2 credit per cartridge? Amazon has ink for like $13 for 20 cartridges which means we can bring to Staples to get $40 credit?

lancelot916 said:   hey mistercheap

How does this work? Do you mean we can buy generic ink on Amazon and then bring in each cartridge to Staples for $2 credit per cartridge? Amazon has ink for like $13 for 20 cartridges which means we can bring to Staples to get $40 credit?

you can recyle 10 per month at $2 each ($20 total per month) get a $20 Staples rewards check....you can then turn that back into cash by buying free after rebate items with the rewards check.

Yes, your example works but it would have to be OVER 2 months (10 per month)

if you make premier status at Staples, you can recycle 20 per month ($40 rewards check)

Meritline.com has the ink cheap too (used it in this printer seems to work well) good printed had seen dec. they take brothers lc71 or lc75 about $10 for 2 sets

Looks really hot. I might have to cash in my ink rewards to grab this up for about $30!

This is a great product, the competitive product made by Samsung (that I own) is horrible...slow...very expensive toner
but I would recommend this product highly.

Logician1313 said:   Looks really hot. I might have to cash in my ink rewards to grab this up for about $30!

Logician,

Ted bought the same printer last November thru a deal I posted. You can ask him for feedback.

I have this printer. It is great! As mentioned, cheaper ink alternatives to OEM. Print straight from your iphone.

Will this be instore as well?
Anybody know?

Just to add my recommendations to others'. I have a couple previous Brother printers, and they are all I buy now for both my color and lasers. Cheap ink is always easy to find, and they just plain work.

seems like 825dw model would be a nice upgrade for $30 more you get: duplex, memory card slots, larger display with touch screen
http://www.computershopper.com/printers/reviews/brother-mfc-j430...

takes same cartridges as the other model

DovleK said:   Will this be instore as well?
Anybody know?

yes. both online/store.

fotomaniak said:   seems like 825dw model would be a nice upgrade for $30 more you get: duplex, memory card slots, larger display with touch screen
http://www.computershopper.com/printers/reviews/brother-mfc-j430...

takes same cartridges as the other model

Duplex might be worth it to me, hmmm

I got a great deal on a Brother printer thanks to a post here on FW. The combination of the deal & the cheap ink sold me. LOVE, LOVE the cheap ink. I've got tons. I get it from Meritline, Amazon, and there have been other deals also posted on FW. I had a Lexmark, Canon and HP in the past--forget it, there is no comparison as far as the ink goes

Canons prior to the current models are good value in terms of price, features, quality, and ink costs. NBrothers are a close second.

I have the Brother MFC-J410 and it's great. Wireless, scanning, ADF auto document feeder, cheap ink, etc. Highly recommended!

Great deal! Sometimes its worth it to buy a whole new printer rather than paying for ink & toner!

grandslampobah said:   Great deal! Sometimes its worth it to buy a whole new printer rather than paying for ink & toner!

Not in this case. Ink is a MM on this one... read the Staples ink cartridge threads, and use Search for previous deals on this printer for links to great deals on ink, HOW this is actually a MM deal, and lots and lots of positive reviews on this printer.

not a laser printer....not interested...

MISTERCHEAP said:   vadeltachi said:   What do you mean by "cheap ink printer"? And who's the avatar?

I mean the generic ink carts for this printer are about $1-2 a pop. then when then are empty, bring them to Staples/OD for $2 recycle credit. in essence, your ongoing ink costs are free or a MM.

The avatar is Uncle Arthur. Perhaps you've met him?
Wow a bewitched Reference!

Will this work with Surface RT wirelessly?

do these brother print heads easily clog ? i ask because the epson inkjets clog after periods of non-use and waste a lot of ink just to clean the heads

Great deal, can't wait for my MFC-420CN to die, it just won't brake. Brother has the cheapest ink. I don't print high quality photos so I get Chinese ink under $5 all 4 cartriges shipped
Ebay link for 420CN cartriges

lazer printer is good when you bring it with you in the truck or a car, because ink dries up in the heat very fast

drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...
If you find a color laser printer that scans and faxes, wireless, sheet feeder, for $60, THAT will be front page, I'm in if you do.

bondo123 said:   do these brother print heads easily clog ? i ask because the epson inkjets clog after periods of non-use and waste a lot of ink just to clean the heads
Liquid ink dries. If you don't use it for long periods and the printer doesn't automatically run some periodic cleaning cycles, it's bound to get clogged. You can figure it's cheap ink and not worry about it or go laser but the price of entry is considerably higher for laser/toner printers with similar features.

SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...
If you find a color laser printer that scans and faxes, wireless, sheet feeder, for $60, THAT will be front page, I'm in if you do.

I'm with you, man... Only my wife made me get her just that... Cost me $400!!!

g0dMAn said:   SpacelySprockets said:   drnyinyithan said:   not a laser printer....not interested...

I'm with you, man... Only my wife made me get her just that... Cost me $400!!!
Bought from the Ukraine?

I have this printer. I bought a 3 year square trade warranty with it for $5.00, as my last AIO lasted 2 years before it's heads clogged.

Can someone help?
I'm new to using Staples Rewards.
I have about $35.00 in rewards. Can they be used towards this printer??
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jes1 said:   Can someone help?
I'm new to using Staples Rewards.
I have about $35.00 in rewards. Can they be used towards this printer??
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. No problem. In-store or on-line. Next week. No tax on $35.

Amyone know if the wired and wireless connection can be used at the same time. The HP that I have cannot be wired to main desktop and used in wireless mode. Also it drops the wireless pasword anytime I have to reboot the modem. will this printer solve either of those problems?

20 document sheet feeding scanner never jams, and its fast too.
Printer automatically runs nozzle cleaning cycles so ink doesn't dry out.
For the money, you won't find a better multifunction printer.

From Staples website- "Available In-Store Only."

And my local store says "The product or category you were looking for is no longer available."

Red on this deal

I have this printer, and from time to time I hear it turn on and do something (I can only assume it is spitting a little ink to keep the heads clear)

Skipping 217 Messages...
One disappointment was that the "paperless faxing" promised isn't truly paperless, because the only way to see a fax confirmation using the built-in faxing software "PC-Fax," appears to be to print one out ON PAPER. You don't even get a dialog telling you when the transmission is complete, and there's nowhere in PC-Fax or on the machine to view the Send log. It seems quite weird to me, but I combed through the manuals and support online, and there doesn't seem to be any other way.

I'm discovering this printer's quirks as I use it more, but overall I'm still pleased.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.