• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013
Disclaimer
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 1-Year (3 PCs) & $50 eGift Card $29.99 at Dell Home

Normally $59.99, now $29.99 with a free $50 eGift card and free shipping.

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I received the $50 Dell promo gift card in my email today. However, I got only one $50 promo card even though I purchase... (more)

megacosdeals (Feb. 28, 2013 @ 11:50p) |

Megacosdeals, how long was is from order day to the day you received the card?

Bronkman (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 10:13a) |

yes you can sell it on plastic jungle $44.10 Amazon gift card or $42 cash. I'm going with Amazon credit.

shake2927 (Mar. 03, 2013 @ 9:47p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Maybe this would get more attention if you changed it to "$50 GC for $30 + Free Software"

The GC is only good for 90 days, but I don't see anything about a limit on how many you can buy or how many GC you can redeem at once

Why would a staff member reply to a post by a staff member?

limit is 5 in an order as the discount is capped at $150 (5 pieces).

Also the max method of payments you can use is 3. meaning up to three gift cards or 150.00 or 2 gift cards and whatever methods of "other payment" you choose

In for 2. Same order $100 in gift cards, and free shipping. Thanks OP

thank you

Do we know for sure that if I buy 2 or more in one transaction, there is a $50 gc for each one? Nothing in the terms and discount/promo language seems vague

taf said:   Why would a staff member reply to a post by a staff member?

Key word there is member. We are both members who also both just happen to be staff in this case.

He chose to post the thread because he thought it was a good deal.

I personally think the gift card at 40% off face value is an awesome deal, but I couldn't care less about McAfee

I chose to discuss the deal in the thread because the thread exists for exactly that purpose.

As you can see, since that time my reply has brought on more useful information from other members of the community... as is the purpose of having a discussion.

This is lucky for me too, because it answers my own question about whether or not I should get 3 of these and effectively pick up a 3TB hard drive for about $90

It appears that there is a way to consolidate multiple eGift card balances onto one card.

Good stuff, in for 5! Let's hope I get 5x50 in cards back. I would assume this is one card per item as it does not say one per order. Looks like a combo?

Not the promo ones like these. I just used a bunch and on the phone she was able to consolidate regular gc's but not the promo ones so I could only use two of them.

I'm not sure whether or not Dell counts this as a software deal or a gift card deal that would void Cash Back, or whether or not they will treat promotional and regular gift cards differently for Cash Back purposes... but the Cash Back conditions say Cash Back available on redemption, not purchase, of Dell.com gift cardsI for one will certainly use CB links & make an attempt to collect Cash Back on both transaction.

Thank you OP!

FYI you can use a Dell gift card to buy these.

Ok, we'll see. I just bought one and then went back for four more. Also, linked through Chase UR portal, Discover is better but my card it at home.

I have a $45 promotional eGift card from Dell via Inspiron 660 deal. May I use it on this deal?

taf said:   Why would a staff member reply to a post by a staff member?

Somebody slept with someone else in the office

Are the E-gift cards only valid on/for Dell products?

Are these promotional E-Gift cards actually a regular card which could be sold to PlasticJungle.com? It says right on their page, "We gladly accept... •Gift cards but not paper certificates". I was wondering if anybody has tried.

Is the $50 gc per item, or per order?

Is this for a Dell giftcard? That can only be used for Dell products or on their website?

If you go to the FW Cash Back Stores, and click on the Dell Consumer link, you can get 6% Cash Back.
Then find this deal going to the Accessories and Software Sale link from there--it's shimmering right there on the left, $50 promo gift card and all.
But I just can't bring myself to order--even though I'd come out ahead with the promo gift cards, I'd likely be tempted to actually try *using* this stuff (shudder).
McAfee is SOLYENT GREEN, people!

porapeti said:   So basically this is a money maker
You can use a maximum of three forms of payment per order. So if you order something worth over $150, you can use only two of these, plus another form of payment to cover the difference. So a max $40 savings in that scenario.

Someone mentioned buying a HD for $90. I assume the price of that HD would be $150. That would be one of the few worthwhile scenarios.

eGift Card..so it means it is specific to Dell

How quickly do you get the e gift card? Crysis 3 out of stock now but was thinking if I use this 50 card to buy crysis 3 from Dell and get another 15 card for buying the game

Anyone who got this, have you gotten the egift card yet? If so how long did it take?

grumpydamnit said:   Anyone who got this, have you gotten the egift card yet? If so how long did it take?

Nothing here yet.

still waiting on my eGift cards (2). Was told to give it 20 days and should get an email with the certificate numbers/info.

(been 17 days since I placed my order)

I received the $50 Dell promo gift card in my email today. However, I got only one $50 promo card even though I purchased two of these items in one order. I guess I will have to contact customer service tomorrow.

Megacosdeals, how long was is from order day to the day you received the card?

1chris1 said:   Are these promotional E-Gift cards actually a regular card which could be sold to PlasticJungle.com? It says right on their page, "We gladly accept... •Gift cards but not paper certificates". I was wondering if anybody has tried.

yes you can sell it on plastic jungle $44.10 Amazon gift card or $42 cash. I'm going with Amazon credit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.