• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

consumer reports
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

NM

Thanks Mistercheap!

It's 24% off the regular subscription price. How often do we get better deals?

Thanks for posting. Just renewed for two years.

Just got my renewal yesterday. 2 years is $49, so $24.50/yr. But 5 yrs, direct from the publisher, is $99, less than $20/yr. No hastles with dealing with a 3rd party

9000 said:   It's 24% off the regular subscription price. How often do we get better deals?

rare, every once in a great while there's a good deal with a cb promotion, but even then, best price is about $19-20 a year and just for a one year term.

Interesting to read...but outdated tests...not something you can you to purchase.

Not to TC, but using Mr. Rebates 5% off code of MRREBATES5 reduces the price to $26.57 and then gives a 30% rebate on that which would bring the price down to $18.60.

Purchased a 2 year subscription. Thanks op!

Amazon product reviews beat them hands down and are free. Recent example is a dryer vent vacuum tool that cr recommended. reviews on Amazon were horrible with tens of people describing dismal results with the product. went with the weber q100 grill that had a terricle review on cr but great reviews on Amazon and love it. sorry cr, you are obsolete.

Looking at magazinepricesearch.com, it seems that you can get this for $18.48 at BestDealsMagazines.com with code MPS16: http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/consumerreports.html?t...

Add FWCB, currently at 12.5%, and you'll see why I've ordered CR from these guys the last three years running... (that's $16.17 after FWCB)

I use ZINIO from the local public library account and is free. At least my local tax is working for me.

I just ordered consumer reports 2 days ago through ebates because they were offering 52% Cash Back at Magazines.com. They just credited my account $15.08 so I paid $13.92! I've seen 52% Cash Back at Magazines.com several times FYI

This deal is not hot. The best deal is as mentioned in the previous post via the Ebates 52% Cash Back but that is only available once every month or two.

topcashback offers 40% for magazine-agent.com and that deal is always available. The net price for the subscription would be $17.40. Edit: the BestDealMagazines.com offer is a little better but I'm wondering if that's a limited time offer and if the coupon would stack with the Cash Back.

eyj said:   Amazon product reviews beat them hands down and are free. Recent example is a dryer vent vacuum tool that cr recommended. reviews on Amazon were horrible with tens of people describing dismal results with the product. went with the weber q100 grill that had a terricle review on cr but great reviews on Amazon and love it. sorry cr, you are obsolete.

really....is that your empirical evidence to support this claim?....I tend to take any online "reviews" (Newegg, Amazon etc) with a grain of salt as the people most often inclined to write are those that are unhappy with a product (myself included)...I doubt the average Joe pumps the kind of money & stringent testing standards that CR does into it's R&D on a given product...Been a subscriber for many years and (as a rule) I would say that I have been quite happy with their recommendations..certainly not perfect, but a really good batting average...just MY opinion...thanks OP, time to renew!

galvodog10 said:   eyj said:   Amazon product reviews beat them hands down and are free. Recent example is a dryer vent vacuum tool that cr recommended. reviews on Amazon were horrible with tens of people describing dismal results with the product. went with the weber q100 grill that had a terricle review on cr but great reviews on Amazon and love it. sorry cr, you are obsolete.

really....is that your empirical evidence to support this claim?....I tend to take any online "reviews" (Newegg, Amazon etc) with a grain of salt as the people most often inclined to write are those that are unhappy with a product (myself included)...I doubt the average Joe pumps the kind of money & stringent testing standards that CR does into it's R&D on a given product...Been a subscriber for many years and (as a rule) I would say that I have been quite happy with their recommendations..certainly not perfect, but a really good batting average...just MY opinion...thanks OP, time to renew!

Ditto!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014