• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like MetroPCS is trying to entice new customers to join in lieu of the big T-Mobile merger:

http://www.metropcs.com/metro/detail/LG+Motion%E2%84%A2+4G/LGMS7...

MetroPCS is offering the very powerful LG Motion 4G to new activations for $-1.00 before sales tax after instant rebate, the standard $50 rebate, and the special 'new activation' rebate.
I confirmed with a MetroPCS Chat that switching from another company, keeping your existing number, you would be eligible for both rebates:

MetroPCS Campaign 13-48361 Savings Spectacular II Promo
and
MetroPCS Campaign 13-42141 Savings Spectacular Promo

Make sure to get both rebates sent out after activation.

Cheers!

Member Summary

Motion
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice. It sounds like for less than fifty bucks (the tax on $100 plus $40 for one month's activation) and the hassle of collecting the rebates, I could have a pretty capable ice cream sandwich-based ipod touch replacement.

The rebate makes it pretty clear you'd have to activate the phone to collect, but do you think it would have to remain active past the first month?

Well, I already have the phone. So does my brother, and my sister, and they don't seem to have any restriction on us deactivating... So yeah, as long as you can wait the 8 weeks for the rebate cards, you are effectively getting a nice 1.5 Ghz (specs incorrectly indicate 1.2 Ghz) dual core PMP.

So far, I am very happy with this phone. I just bought another one for my wife.

NM

seems like first rebate is dead, so phone now $50

thanks for adding the PDFs , OP!

hope this will work.

Original Post: "I confirmed with a MetroPCS Chat that switching from another company, keeping your existing number, you would be eligible for both rebates:"

If you are going to port over your existing cell number to the new MetroPCS phone, be sure to let MetroPCS know prior they activate the new service. They can start the switching/port-over process when they activate the service.
For the rebate, the phone number assigned when the new service is activated, must be active when they process the rebate.

I failed to do this and I am having to wait for my rebate to come before I can port over my number from the old carrier. So right now I'm paying for two cell services. I'm still paying the old service because you can only port over an active phone number.

How good is Metro PCS service compared to lets say TMobile Prepaid ($30.00 Unlimited Minutes and Texts plan...I am out of my contract with TMobile and just trying to figure out which Prepaid service to go with.

Thanks in advance

monseemian said:   How good is Metro PCS service compared to lets say TMobile Prepaid ($30.00 Unlimited Minutes and Texts plan...I am out of my contract with TMobile and just trying to figure out which Prepaid service to go with.

Thanks in advance

The coverage area map seems limited to major metropolitan areas and mostly in the East. Have the same question as quoted and also interested in comparisons to Page-Plus Cellular (VZ network) and to Straight-Talk (which seems to offer four networks including T-M) or Virgin/Boost (Sprnt network).

Thanks.

And yes, there are other discussion of on this topic elsewhere in FW.

I travel for work, all around the USA... So far, while I do have very limited 4G coverage, I almost always have at least voice and SMS service.
If you don't travel much outside your home area, and you are in a 4G LTE zone, than MetroPCS is a fine choice. Otherwise, check out Virgin Mobile and their 4G Wi-MAX coverage offerings.

T-Mobile coverage, overall, tends to be better. This may change.
You already own a phone. Do you also care about data? Do you live in a MetroPCS 4G LTE coverage zone? Do you live in a T-Mobile 4G LTE coverage zone? To you travel a lot?

If you only care about unlimited Talk and Text, MetroPCS offers unlimited Talk and Text for $25/month:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1184570/

This topic covers all you need to know.

A phone from MetroPCS could, theoretically, pay for itself in 6 months.

I bought a T-Mobile phone from Amazon but returned it because there was so much negative talk everywhere about their terrible customer service.
I went with this MetroPCS deal a month ago and so far around Los Angeles I can usually talk, text, surf. The only dead zone I can recall is at Temescal Canyon Park area (that area is very very urban and certainly should have coverage).

prastogi said:   seems like first rebate is dead, so phone now $50

why is the first rebate dead?
Offer valid on qualifying handsets purchased
between January 10th, 2013 - March 3rd, 2013

Is MetroPCS cdma?

@ Gaore. Yes MetroPCS is all Metro and their "4G" is a 1.5x1.5 whereas Tmobile is about a 5x5-10x10 and Verizon is up in the 20x20 range. So MetroPCS has a slower 4G but nevertheless it has 4G and it is CDMA based much like Verizon and Sprint are.

It has a disclaimer stating that the $25 unlimited Talk/Text plan is only for select phones. This is why I hate CDMA phones. They control what phone get what whereas if I activate a GSM Sim card plan I can place it in any phone as long as that phone has the proper carrier specifications.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014