• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Toshiba 17.3" Laptop OD
Disclaimer
Item #892-969

Link not yet live (hopefully will be online and IN STORE) on Sunday 2/17 (live 2/17)

Office Depot
See Office Depot promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba Satellite Laptop 17.3"
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
yes

lordoffire (Feb. 20, 2013 @ 9:37a) |

See if you can disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot, or enable "CSM boot" or "legacy boot".

Otherwise, you cannot install an... (more)

VirtuaL (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 11:13a) |

Someone might try using the $75 off coupon from staple.

cybert19 (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 12:30p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1600x900

Duh, I answered my own question....

emily156 said:   Can I ask a question? Is this pricing with the rebate already figured in and any other Office Depot coupons? The reason I ask is that I had a $50 off windows 8 laptop coupon emailed to me from Office Depot and I also see a $50 Toshiba rebate, so I am thinking that if the $379 is a sale price, then it would only cost me $ 349 upfront, and once I received the rebate my cost would end up at $279.

no, your math is flawed.

assuming your $50 coupon is valid, your oop cost up front would be $379.99 + tax, the price is $429 on sale prior to $50 MIR. so if you use a $50 coupon and then a $50 rebate for $329, not $279.

Doesn't the $50 coupon expire on the 16th?

-Tri

benchmark is pretty junky for that price

lordoffire said:   benchmark is pretty junky for that price

What do you mean?

-Tri

ezwrighter said:   1600x900yup, confounded resolution...should be 4K at least

I am going to buy this laptop and want to replace the installed HDD with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256MB.
Never have had an SSD prior and would like to know:

1) Will be a direct swap out with the installed drive?

2) Can the original drive be used as a secondary drive in this laptop?

3) I also plan to plan to format the Samsung 840 Pro using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Does anyone know of any driver issues that would prevent retrograding to Win7?

4) Also, is this a 32 Bit or 64 Bit capable processor?

Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 Notebook @ OfficeMax for $349.99 After $50 Toshiba Rebate. I tried to link below; if it doesn't work then you can just search at OfficeMax and it will come right up... exact same model as OP listed at Office Depot, so you might also price match with no problem.

I bought mine at Office Depot last night and am going in today to price adjust. I also bought another directly from OfficeMax for my son. Office Depot says one per customer so I didn't want to hassle with that and OfficeMax is nearby anyway.

Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 Notebook

I posted earlier in this thread and wanted to know about installing a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD into this Toshiba and want to know if it's a direct replacement procedure or if some sort of a "kit" is needed to install into this laptop (or if there is a certain packaging of the Samsung 840 Pro that is needed because most are listed with "BW" at the end of the product ID, which I thought I understood to mean Bare Drive?
Also want to retrograde to WIN 7 Home Premium.

Help/Advice would be appreciated.

Where are you going to get WIN 7 Home Premium and how much does it cost?

I bought the 3 Pack back some time ago when it was on sale for <$100.00

As I understand the Microsoft policy, you can downgrade to any earlier (supported?) version of Windows
and still have a legitimate valid license... BUT they, Microsoft, will not supply the software to reinstal
the earlier version. You have to come up with it yourself. Also, the types have to match... so Pro version
must be reinstalled with a Pro Version, Home Premium with Home Premium.

In my case I have 3 licenses with the 3 Pack I bought so don't have to worry about matching... which is a concern
because I don't know which version of Win8 is on this Toshiba... it doesn't state anywhere I see in the details
and I don't know enough about AMD to know whether they even have 32 Bit/64 Bit versions of their processors?

sloppy1 said:   Where are you going to get WIN 7 Home Premium and how much does it cost?

Well I must say things are not going well at all. I think Windows 8 is the worst operating system I've ever used.
I so far have had no success retrograding to Windows 7 Home Premium using the Retail Upgrade 3x Family Pack. The
installation dvd will not boot (says the digital signature is no good) and trying to do a custom install is beyond
confusing with the Toshiba GPT Partitions... so I am trying to download Windows 7 Professional from Digital River at this
link:

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24281.iso

It's a 3.1 GB download and I got the information at Microsoft Support... so hopefully, it will go better and I can reformat
the HDD fresh and reinstall Windows 7 Pro.

Whats everyone's deal with windows 8. If it's the metro/desktop issue all you need is a $5 program to boot you into windows 7 looking desktop. Start8

So has anyone bought this laptop? How do you like it? Is AMD A6 processor faster than Intel Core i3?

docjoo said:   So has anyone bought this laptop? How do you like it? Is AMD A6 processor faster than Intel Core i3?
absolutely not...gizoogle it

hence
lordoffire said:   benchmark is pretty junky for that price

Can an average user be able to tell the difference between AMD-4400m and intel i3 (3rd gen)? I am thinking about getting this laptop but I was told AMD processor is too slow. Should I pay $50 more and get one with intel i3 processor?

i was going to buy this for the wife but this processor is pretty slow. Slower than the i3. its comparable to the pentium series.

proof

Must be selling well. None of my local Office Depot stores have them in stock now. I can still order online. OfficeMax online is sold out and none available in my local stores.

docjoo said:   Can an average user be able to tell the difference between AMD-4400m and intel i3 (3rd gen)? I am thinking about getting this laptop but I was told AMD processor is too slow. Should I pay $50 more and get one with intel i3 processor?

yes

pdp1170 said:   Well I must say things are not going well at all. I think Windows 8 is the worst operating system I've ever used.
I so far have had no success retrograding to Windows 7 Home Premium using the Retail Upgrade 3x Family Pack. The
installation dvd will not boot (says the digital signature is no good) and trying to do a custom install is beyond
confusing with the Toshiba GPT Partitions... so I am trying to download Windows 7 Professional from Digital River at this
link:

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24281.iso

It's a 3.1 GB download and I got the information at Microsoft Support... so hopefully, it will go better and I can reformat
the HDD fresh and reinstall Windows 7 Pro.

See if you can disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot, or enable "CSM boot" or "legacy boot".

Otherwise, you cannot install any prior OS than Windows 8. The UEFI is digitally signed, and requires a digitally-signed bootloader for the OS. It's a new thing for Windows 8 PCs. Ostensibly, it's to prevent malware from hijacking the bootloader, but it has the benefit (for Microsoft) of preventing OS downgrades, or switching to a Free OS.

Someone might try using the $75 off coupon from staple.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014