NOW ONLY $339.99
Reg. $479.99(SAVE $140)Valid 2/17/13 through 2/23/13

www.officedepot.com

Member Summary

Lenovo i3 15.6" Laptop
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
On OD website it lists RAM as 1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM, but I've seen 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM listed as well ... (more)

cc423 (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 3:04a) |

I bought the $340 G580 from OD and I just ran the Crucial memory scanner tool on it. Here is what it says:

Your Lenovo G... (more)

TooManyToys (Feb. 24, 2013 @ 8:33a) |

Here is link to Lenovo's specs. I have been told it is classified as model 2189. Although the I3-3120 is not listed is ... (more)

snafuriffic (Feb. 24, 2013 @ 2:30p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

mase123987 said:   FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

I guess you also buy new Shoes/sneakers wear them for 2 weeks and then return them?

Still says $479. And...Im new. What am I doing wrong? Sorry...

Edit...I see it now, begins 2/17.

dbpatey said:   Still says $479. And...Im new. What am I doing wrong? Sorry...

today is 2/15. sales starts 2/17. and WELCOME to Fat Wallet!

mase123987 said:   FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

just saw that....

really interested in this one...may have to go in and check on it

1. Great price for an i3 w/o waiting around for an http://outlet.lenovo.com/ sale.
CPU is different, but you can get an idea of +/-'s here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-G580-Notebook...

2. Lenovo Outlet sales can grab you a crazy good price when the models shop up!
eg. Got my Z580 i5 for $400 during Xmas!
eg. They had a Y580 1920x1080 model for about $690 then as well!
But, you do have to wait for unwanted stock to roll in...

Agree it is a great price for a gen3 i3 laptop

Link Is on clearance B&M for 329.92 with faster memory/bus speed PC3-12800 vs PC3-10600

anyplace said:   mase123987 said:   FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

I guess you also buy new Shoes/sneakers wear them for 2 weeks and then return them?

You can with a laptop at Staples

anyplace said:   mase123987 said:   FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

I returned a $1000 laptop to Best Buy after 3 weeks because I couldn't live with the terrible trackpad. With Office Depot, you wouldn't be allowed to do that. I would have been stuck with a laptop I couldn't stand.

Very hot deal, thanks MRC! BTW, I bought a Toshiba from OD many years ago and I was concerned about the no-return thing too. So I spoke with the manager before I pulled the trigger and she said she would take it back with no restock fee if I didn't like it. So bottomline, never take the terms as black and white... call your local store and see if the manager will work with you. Chances are if they are hurting for sales, they might be more willing to take a gamble that you won't return it...

pjwill said:   Link Is on clearance B&M for 329.92 with faster memory/bus speed PC3-12800 vs PC3-10600
Showing $369 now...

> FYI. Their return policy for computers says you can only exchange once you open the box. Avoid Depot for these types of purchases.

On the other hand Staples has a 14 day no questions asked return policy! I have used it twice. Recently to return a Samsung Windows 8 laptop. Really in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes... "That was Easy"

Just got to warn others about these Lenovo laptops. I will find out later today how the AMEX warranty extension will help but I CANNOT recommend them.

Quality is pretty bad. Hinge problem (just google it) left my mother 2 months without her laptop and the same hinge problem exist only 6 months after the original. Power brick died and charge sockets are not well done.

This is a far cry from the IBM days.

Yes, its a good deal for the hardware but........Caveat emptor!!!

pjwill said:   Link Is on clearance B&M for 329.92 with faster memory/bus speed PC3-12800 vs PC3-10600

I think you have them backwards. The cheaper one has the worse FSB of PC3-10600.

I went out and bought this. It is a NICE laptop for the money. I love the keyboard. And the touchpad is not too shabby. Nice screen. Big HD, snappy processor. I'm not a big fan of Windows 8 but that's what every laptop comes with now so can't complain about it. USB 3.0, quiet and cool running, HDMI out, seriously a nice lappy for sub $350. Thanks OP.

I don't ususally post very often, but the deal was so good I am passing it on. Remember YMMV...

I found a local OD store that had a G580 (Product# 859453) available and the store manager agreed to price match the $75 coupon from Staples http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1258250/ my total cost was less than 282.00 after tax and e-waste

329.92 (clearence price at the store)
3.99 (college ruled paper)
258.91 subtotal
23.30 tax
4.00 CA E-waste

Good luck...

russ0519 said:   pjwill said:   Link Is on clearance B&M for 329.92 with faster memory/bus speed PC3-12800 vs PC3-10600

I think you have them backwards. The cheaper one has the worse FSB of PC3-10600.

The one on sale by OP is PC3-10600 #983-842. The link is actually clearance B&M for 329.92 and has the PC3-12800. Also like the last post great deal if you can get them to take the Staples $75 off

On OD website it lists RAM as 1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM, but I've seen 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM listed as well on different websites for this model. Can someone who owns this $340 model G580 (59359080) confirm the ram speed? TIA

I bought the $340 G580 from OD and I just ran the Crucial memory scanner tool on it. Here is what it says:

Your Lenovo G580 System Specs

Scan Id: 764C833731D926C3

Memory:
DDR3 PC3-12800

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 16GB
Currently Installed Memory: 4GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: 1

What's most surprising to me is the OD website said it's only expandable to 8GB RAM, as if it only one had RAM slot. But clearly according to Crucial there are 2 slots, so it's expandable to 16GB RAM in fact. I don't think I've ever seen a 15" laptop only have one RAM slot anyway... but surprising how wrong the OD specs really are. Looks like OD upped the price to $399 now though.

Here is link to Lenovo's specs. I have been told it is classified as model 2189. Although the I3-3120 is not listed is shows that all g580 to have a max of 8GB. I read a thread on another site where someone did put 16 GB in the box and it slowed way down... Not sure what to make of Crucials findings.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014