• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you forgot to buy roses for your sweetie yesterday now is the time. All flowers are half price or less at Kroger

Member Summary

roses (48.60kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

LOL @ guilt roses.

My local Wal-Mart also cut the prices and had massive quantities on hand; I grabbed a bucketload and have them at home to practice flower arranging with. But Wal-Mart is really unreliable when it comes to stuff like this.

Totally agree, even their "new" roses tend to wilt in a couple of days. I like Whole Foods and Central Market Roses

meyta said:   Totally agree, even their "new" roses tend to wilt in a couple of days. I like Whole Foods and Central Market Roses

You can often revive droopy roses by cutting the stems and putting them in a vase of warm water with your choice of plant food (I use sugar plus a baby aspirin). IME it works so long as the flowers aren't actively dropping petals.

For those who got flowers for V-Day (as of about an hour ago I guess I'm on this list ) you should change the water every few days and trim the stems each time to get maximum flower life.

Thank you for the tip!!!!

meyta said:   Totally agree, even their "new" roses tend to wilt in a couple of days. I like Whole Foods and Central Market Roses
I totally agree. I pretty much always get flowers for my sweety at Central Market.

They more often than not last longer than the pitiful over-glamorized offerings from the over-priced online florists.
Plus I know what they are going to look like by personally picking them out; rather than relying on glossy pictures that are not typical of what is delivered.

Just my 2 cents experience - "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush."

Thank God I am not the only one. I pick every single flower and have the designer arrange them to my liking. The value for your money is way higher.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014