• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I think that's a pretty good price. My dad uses one just like that and it's a lifesaver. It's easier than a traditional walker, lets him sit down if necessary, and its NOT A WHEELCHAIR.

...trying to keep him as mobile as possible

Decent price but not very good for community mobility or thicker carpet in homes. You would want a version with 9 in wheels to allow ease of mobility on less than even surfaces. Also if your loved one has balance issues this might not be the best choice due to the fact that rolllating walkers have front swivel wheels (less stable laterally)

Edited to add looks the description says they are 6 inch wheels which are bigger than the picture looks like, still better IMO to go with a 9 inch wheel for outdoors

whydoihavetoregister said:   Decent price but not very good for community mobility or thicker carpet in homes. You would want a version with 9 in wheels to allow ease of mobility on less than even surfaces. Also if your loved one has balance issues this might not be the best choice due to the fact that rolllating walkers have front swivel wheels (less stable laterally)

Edited to add looks the description says they are 6 inch wheels which are bigger than the picture looks like, still better IMO to go with a 9 inch wheel for outdoors

I agree. Larger wheels are the feature that make this concept truly superior to the typical hospital walker - that and the fact that it offers the user a readily available place to sit down quickly if dizziness or fatigue is on the verge of making the user fall.

Any personal reviews, MC ?

respdoc said:   Any personal reviews, MC ?

as soon as you sit down and let me push you around the nursing home Respdoc, I'll be happy to share feedback!

MISTERCHEAP said:   

as soon as you sit down and let me push you around the nursing home Respdoc, I'll be happy to share feedback!

I'm not sure if I would trust you with the use of a plastic spoon...much less a walker.

respdoc said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

I'm not sure if I would trust you with the use of a plastic spoon...much less a walker.

thanks Resp! you're a real pal!

In general (not that you shouldn't avail yourself of this deal if you need it now), a good source of barley used walkers, ect., is Craig's list. Usually no shipping (pick up) or tax on items people (hopefully) don't need anymore.

Estate sales are good for these, too. Very, very cheap prices on items that may have not even been used.

Obviously more morbid, but trust me you are helping the families if you take some of that stuff off their hands!

Does anyone know of anything that's good for someone who has moderate-to-severe balance issues?

Thats a good deal. I just bought similar one(appears 2B)for over $200.

Damn, I read hot elderly parents. Didn't read the rest and I thought it was a cougar thread. My bad

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014