• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I think this is BM only. Slide a SSD in this and i think you have a great laptop for the price.

OfficeMax
See OfficeMax promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Gateway NE56R47u
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wonder if the memory is also upgradable

i read it goes up to 8gig, should be plenty for a value machine like this. It does run windows 8, wow microsoft brings out a new operating system that does absolutely nothing for non touch computers and they actually charge money for it, what a scandal.

i don't want to beg, but please give me some green.

This is a good deal if you are not needing a power laptop. I picked up a Gateway NE56R34u (same CPU, 500 gig HD) for $300 last week. It came with a single 4gig module (1 slot free), so for ~$20 you should be able to easily upgrade to 8gig. Anyway, if this a real offer and I get my hands on one of these, the NE56R34u will be going back.

Green for you! Thanks! BTW, you have a link that verifies the price?

Remember, according to the ad, this $249 price requires an additional $50 purchase in the first two days. Otherwise, it is $299. Also, after Tuesday, it will be $299 with no add'l purchase.

dev77 said:   i don't want to beg, but please give me some green.

You didn't even post the correct information.

The $250 Price requires an ADDITIONAL $50 purchase.

dev77 said:   i don't want to beg, but please give me some green.

I gave you red for begging and massive incomplete info! Congrats!

dev77 said:   i don't want to beg, but please give me some green.pathetic!

I don't want to beg, but please give me some red.

seriously though, red jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

went to two stores only one per store

Available online now at $299.99 for those with no OfficeMax nearby; $50 off (making it $249.99) w/ additional $50 purchase is an in store offer.

Text

GATEWAY® Laptop
$249.99 WITH $50 PURCHASE, $299.99 Tuesday thru Saturday

Offer valid 2/17/2013 through 2/23/2013
Featuring Intel Pentium® Processor B960 and Windows 8 EVERYDAY 15.6" widescreen, 4GB memory, 750GB hard drive (NE56R47u)

Reg. $399.99

new, SALE, SAVE $150, 2 DAY DEAL, Sunday & Monday

Additional $50 minimum in-store purchase required for 2-day deal promotional price only. See store for details. Available in store only. While supplies last.

Gateway NE56R47u Notebook

Reg: $399.99
Save 25% :$100.00
Your Price: $299.99

Buy this Computer and Save $20 on Select Microsoft Office Software (23881328, 23882452, 23882461, 23882443) (Limit 1. Offer Can Not Be Combined with Any Other Offers. Offer Valid 01/29-06/29 Midnight CST)

Ships In: 1 to 3 days
Item #: 23880613
Manufacturer #: NE56R47U

Intel Pentium B960 Processor, 4 GB of Memory, 750 GB Hard Drive, 15.6-inch display.

Features• Intel HD Graphics w/128MB dedicated system memory
• 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
• 1.3MP HD Webcam
• High-Definition Audio
• Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
• 3 - USB 2.0 Ports
• 1 - HDMI Port
• Intel HD Graphics w/128MB dedicated system memory
• 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
• 1.3MP HD Webcam
• High-Definition Audio
• Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
• 3 - USB 2.0 Ports
• 1 - HDMI Port

where is the $50 discount?

norcim said:   where is the $50 discount?

Should be in store only thru Monday 2/18 with $50 additional purchase required.

Bought one today, have been looking for a cheap second laptop. Got them to price match some printer ink, loaded up $50.00 worth, and it all worked out well. No review on the laptop yet, but seems nice so far.

Wish I could find something similar w/ Windows 7! As a novice user, my research on W8 doesn't excite me.

This is the worst post I've ever seen. Info in the title, but nothing in the text. No link. No explanation of having to buy $50 worth of stuff. No info on the time period this deal lasts.... It's like everyone is just filling in the blanks on your post.

Well, quick update. One day after purchasing this laptop I am returning it. I don't know for sure if it is a hardware issue or not, but the computer restarts itself all the time. Also, it freezes often as well. I called gateway tech support, and the man was very helpful, but he basically blamed ALL of my issues on Windows 8. When I told him about the freezing, he said, "yes windows is working on an update" and when I mentioned the rolling restarts, he said "yes microsoft is working on a fix for this issue". I don't think I am ready for a Windows 8 laptop, so I am returning this one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.