• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

DIR-615
Disclaimer
D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N 300 Router $19.99.

Use code GDX82162 for discounted price.

DIR-615 @ TigerDirect

DD-WRT Compatible.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#D-Link

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$3.92 shipping (for me anyway)

I did not think all versions of this router are compatible. If not then how do we determine if this is a DD-WRT compatible version of the DIR-615?

All nine versions listed @ the dd-wrt database are compatible. I suppose there could be even more (they've been producing remakes of this model FOREVER it seems), but given the track record, I'd say it's 99% sure it will be dd-wrt compatible.

I should add though. This particularly dd-wrt router is a bit quirky as dd-wrt routers go. It has a lot of trouble w/ client and repeater modes unless you use one specific dd-wrt release, build 14265. Been dealing w/ these problems w/ other customers for a long time, so just beware.

A&B are not but I doubt they're selling rev A or B when H is the current rev...

JM77 said:   I did not think all versions of this router are compatible. If not then how do we determine if this is a DD-WRT compatible version of the DIR-615?

SithMaster said:   A&B are not but I doubt they're selling rev A or B when H is the current rev...

JM77 said:   I did not think all versions of this router are compatible. If not then how do we determine if this is a DD-WRT compatible version of the DIR-615?

I appreciate it. I was thinking some of the TEW-652BRP used the same hardware as the DIR 615 and in some case could even use the D-Link firmware, but the current version of the TEW is not compatible unless I have missed something. So it appears the C1 version of both router used the same hardware.

Thanks again.

Looks good for DD-WRT compatibility.

Thanks! I've been looking for an inexpensive router for home wifi for my laptop and TiVo and that's about it. My current router (DI-624 Airplus Xtreme G) has been briefly losing connection anywhere from once to many times a day since I changed from WEP to WPA2. Seems somewhat better on WPA, but I don't know why the encryption type would make a difference. I think it's too old for any firmware updates.

Economy shipping is $4.xx for me to Los Angeles, and no tax collected. If I clicked through right, I might be getting either 3% FatWallet Cash Back or 5% ShopDiscover CB (maybe both if I'm lucky).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014