• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Logitech M515 Wireless Laser Couch Mouse @ Best Buy - $11.99
was $49.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Feb 18, 2013 11:59pm

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logitech M515 Wireless Laser Couch Mouse
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
sold out!

err (Feb. 18, 2013 @ 12:05p) |

Delivered today

Thank you.

htl158 (Feb. 19, 2013 @ 9:45p) |

I received mine, but still like the M510 better, a bit bigger for larger hands (hubby). This week for 19.99 at Staples!

CaroinCary (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 10:07p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The nice thing about this mouse, for those of us who despise scroll wheels that click and cannot be moved precisely up and down, is that the line by line scroll can be turned off and allow free-scrolling. Microsoft used to make them with the huge wired receivers and 5 buttons but they never seemed to last more than a year.

MrWizzard said:   ...those of us who despise scroll wheels that click...

Yup, and there is a chucklehead dissing it in the reviews over on Best Buy because "the scroll wheel is even noisy" having apparently not figured out how to disable the clicking.

I'm ordering one as a spare since if the Logitech website is any indication these might be entering discontinuation mode. I don't want to chance doing without Hyper-Fast scrolling.

Any mouse that works on a dog is an awesome mouse.
Oh and it comes with a Unified receiver.

No back button??

If enough people go to the Amazon page and click on "tell us about a lower price?" at the bottom of the page, they will match the price. If you prefer buying from Best Buy, then ignore this.

elwood2 said:   No back button??

By default pushing the scroll wheel to the left is the back button. You can use their SetPoint application to customize what tasks the left/right scroll and the small button behind the scroll wheel do. e.g. I assign F5 (refresh) to the small button.

in for 1, thanks!

69ragtop said:   If enough people go to the Amazon page and click on "tell us about a lower price?" at the bottom of the page, they will match the price. If you prefer buying from Best Buy, then ignore this.

went to do it but they don't have it in stock, only the blue one. Gave it a shot on blue but it's not "exactly" the same so who knows

Anyone, what would you say it compares with the M510? Thanks

CaroinCary said:   Anyone, what would you say it compares with the M510? Thanks

the price

gizmo said:   69ragtop said:   If enough people go to the Amazon page and click on "tell us about a lower price?" at the bottom of the page, they will match the price. If you prefer buying from Best Buy, then ignore this.

went to do it but they don't have it in stock, only the blue one. Gave it a shot on blue but it's not "exactly" the same so who knows

hmm - it was in stock when I posted

in for 1 thank!

Agree with all positive reviews. Good sized mouse, larger than many 'travel/notebook' mice and slightly smaller than desktop mouse, and I like the option of spin or gear wheel on demand, the left and right built into the wheel as well, but the best feature is that it works on couch or almost any surface other than glass. The trick is to remember not to press down. If you put weight on it it does not work as well. But it's way better than any other mouse for HTPC.

in41 thanx OP

Thanks OP. Getting 1 for my kid.

clicking clip removed
Disclaimer
the clicking is just a "feel" thing. Since I am such a geek, just now I pop my mouse open and remove the "clicking" metal. Attached is a pic and the metal sitting outside is what did the clicking. The red is where that metal were and it pin into the wheel to do the clicking.

All it took was remove the battery cover > 2 batteries > 2 screws > remove the shell > remove this metal > glue it right there so I won't lose it > put everything back. No more clicking. about 2mins.

Update: this metal also help lock the wheel when you press it down. No more metal, no more locking, FREEEE like a bird of pray to go eat the mouse.

WorkerAnt said:   the clicking is just a "feel" thing. Since I am such a geek, just now I pop my mouse open and remove the "clicking" metal. Attached is a pic and the metal sitting outside is what did the clicking. The red is where that metal were and it pin into the wheel to do the clicking.

All it took was remove the battery cover > 2 batteries > 2 screws > remove the shell > remove this metal > glue it right there so I won't lose it > put everything back. No more clicking. about 2mins.

Update: this metal also help lock the wheel when you press it down. No more metal, no more locking, FREEEE like a bird of pray to go eat the mouse.

Totally unnecessary. Many of Logitech's higher-end mice have this feature. Pressing down on the wheel switches it from free scrolling to gradated scrolling, and back. It seems like you simply didn't know this feature is switchable.

is this good for gaming as well planning to get one for my new gaming desktop.

Klingsor said:   

Totally unnecessary. Many of Logitech's higher-end mice have this feature. Pressing down on the wheel switches it from free scrolling to gradated scrolling, and back. It seems like you simply didn't know this feature is switchable.

Think I got this 3 or 4 years ago for about $30.... so no mine is not a higher-end. It's more of the 1st generation for wireless. Model ex100(I think)

WorkerAnt said:   Think I got this 3 or 4 years ago for about $30.... so no mine is not a higher-end. It's more of the 1st generation for wireless. Model ex100(I think)

So you're suggesting people take apart this mouse and remove some of it's functionality because you had success altering a completely different (junky old) mouse? Why would you even post that here?

To anyone who buys this mouse: Don't take it apart and remove pieces. It is a great mouse. It works fine, doesn't need any alteration, and you will void it's warranty by taking it apart.

Just what I needed at great price. Thanks, OP!

Good price for this mouse. In-4-1, thanks OP.

Klingsor said:   WorkerAnt said:   Think I got this 3 or 4 years ago for about $30.... so no mine is not a higher-end. It's more of the 1st generation for wireless. Model ex100(I think)

So you're suggesting people take apart this mouse and remove some of it's functionality because you had success altering a completely different (junky old) mouse? Why would you even post that here?

To anyone who buys this mouse: Don't take it apart and remove pieces. It is a great mouse. It works fine, doesn't need any alteration, and you will void it's warranty by taking it apart.

Your maker forgot to install a brain.

I said the clicking can be fix if that annoys ppl in their old mouse.

In for 1.. thanks Mr. OP.

pcgamerdude3 said:   is this good for gaming as well planning to get one for my new gaming desktop.

I would stick to wired mice for gaming.. Logitech is best. A person could pull out the graphs showing the nanoseconds it takes for wireless signals to travel.. then the delay to your brain.. for the ultimate gaming experience.. but.. this is just my opinion from my 15+ years of gaming.

WorkerAnt said:   the clicking is just a "feel" thing. Since I am such a geek, just now I pop my mouse open and remove the "clicking" metal. Attached is a pic and the metal sitting outside is what did the clicking. The red is where that metal were and it pin into the wheel to do the clicking.

You have way too much time on your hands.

Great catch OP. Thank you.

sold out!

Delivered today

Thank you.

err said:   sold out!

I received mine, but still like the M510 better, a bit bigger for larger hands (hubby). This week for 19.99 at Staples!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.