• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Missed it last time. Polk Subwoofer driver DXi104 DVC. BestBuy deal of the day $29.99 for 2/16/2013. Online only, Free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Polk+Audio+-+10%22+Dual-Voice-Coil+8...

Member Summary

Polk Audio DXi104
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice. They say DVC but 8 ohms? That doesn't make sense. My Fosgate subs are DVC at 1 ot 2 ohms.

I'm thinking 4 ohms impedance per voice coil. I checked my DVC sub this is going to replace and the DC resistance is 3.1 and 3.0 ohms per coil. I'm pretty sure that would equate to 4 ohms impedance per coil. I guess that's where BB gets the 8 ohms. You can also connect in parallel or series to vary the impedance. I will have to check the Polk site for more info.

4ohm coils can be wired a few different ways depending on what your amp can handle

This sub is dual 4 ohm coils. You can wire it to run at either 2ohms or 8ohms depending on your needs. If you buy two of them, they would be run at 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

NUTS! Missed it by a day...back up to $68

BamBam0099 said:   NUTS! Missed it by a day...back up to $68

It will probably be back. You have to check the Deal of the Day at Best Buy everyday. It takes awhile for them to repeat. You can sign up for email alerts at the Best Buy site. Many are not worthwhile, but sometimes luck rolls our way.

Good Luck

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014