Preloaded maps for the lower 48 states plus Hawaii and Puerto Rico
4.3" full-color touch screen
Look up addresses for over 8 million points of interest
Includes FREE lifetime map updates
Navigate right out of the box with preloaded maps
Hear spoken street names
Know the lane before it's too late with lane assist with junction view
Keep out of trouble with the built-in speed limit indicator
Where Am I? function informs you of the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersections and coordinates
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 3 hours of battery life
Automatic rerouting provides alternate travel directions in the event of a deviation from the directions given
High-sensitivity GPS technology with HotFix for precise global positioning
Insert a microSD card (not included) containing additional map data or regional maps to expand your navigational ability

Member Summary

Garmin 40LM GPS
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FREE?

89.99 after discounts

See coupon/discount in basket.

Why not put price in Title line?

Also both units the 40LM and the 50LM (in the other post by the OP) do not have the traffic receiver.

Great unit, but I am keeping Google maps!

I have never found the traffic receiver to be worthwhile. It just displays hotel ads when the car is stopped.

But for another $20 I would personally get the Nuvi 50LM at Staples, the 5" model, if you're looking to buy right now. If you use it very often the increase in screen size makes a world of difference. If you can wait, the 5" models are frequently offered refurbed at less cost and are indistinguishable from new.

Good suggestion! My sister travels a lot and wears a strong eyeglass prescription, so the 5-inch screen would probably be better for her.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014