• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

scott (21.17kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Skinny little rolls I am sure, as someone said. So, that being said, not such a great deal as it stands. However, add ... (more)

Hornrw (Feb. 19, 2013 @ 6:19p) |

Got mine, delivered next day. As others have mentioned, not the biggest but good price for the "pick-a-size" with free d... (more)

rinnovare (Feb. 19, 2013 @ 6:50p) |

The rolls were quite pathetic. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in the measly rolls or the smashed up box they ship... (more)

handsgo (Feb. 19, 2013 @ 11:09p) |

• Also categorized in:

Thanks Mr C

Item 1 Qty. Subtotal
SANDISK CRUZER GLIDE 32GB
Item No.: 642408 Price: $17.99/each
Expected Delivery: 02/19/2013 by Staples Courier 1 $17.99

Item 2 Qty. Subtotal
SANDISK CZ BLADE 16GB USB
Item No.: 642311 Price: $7.99/each
Expected Delivery: 02/19/2013 by Staples Courier 1 $7.99

Item 3 Qty. Subtotal
SCOTT TOWEL REGULAR ROLL
Item No.: 106512 Price: $3.99/each
Expected Delivery: 02/19/2013 by Staples Courier 19 $75.81

Subtotal: $101.79
Delivery: FREE
Breakroom Coupon 20/7520.00
Staples Rewards Coupon: -$80.00
Tax: $0.11

Total: $1.90

Come on, your rewards coupon is completely irrelevant to us. If your folks bought you the towels as a birthday present would you post to say you got it for free?

MisterCheap to the rescue! Thanks, had some rewards expiring and checked my coupon wallet and found a $10off coupon (for Paper Products)! Used that and got 3 more rolls for $2.00. Sweet!

peepsiemom said:   Come on, your rewards coupon is completely irrelevant to us. If your folks bought you the towels as a birthday present would you post to say you got it for free?

um, I don't think that's why he posted what he did. he was showing that the $20/75 breakroom coupon applied to the order even though it was paid with rewards.

Red55 said:   MisterCheap to the rescue! Thanks, had some rewards expiring and checked my coupon wallet and found a $10off coupon (for Paper Products)! Used that and got 3 more rolls for $2.00. Sweet!

Same here. Had a $10 off $30 of paper towels coupon in my StaplesReward Coupon Wallet and two Staples Rewards expiring next month that needed to be used. Ended up with 8 6-packs for $12 after tax, not including the 5% Discover CB.

MISTERCHEAP said:   peepsiemom said:   Come on, your rewards coupon is completely irrelevant to us. If your folks bought you the towels as a birthday present would you post to say you got it for free?

um, I don't think that's why he posted what he did. he was showing that the $20/75 breakroom coupon applied to the order even though it was paid with rewards.
What is up with Staples and SOME of these coupons and using them with rewards. Some coupons only kick in if you have the minimum purchase amount after rewards are applied and for some coupons it doesn't matter. For the former, a phone call will work as the latter works.

MISTERCHEAP said:   peepsiemom said:   Come on, your rewards coupon is completely irrelevant to us. If your folks bought you the towels as a birthday present would you post to say you got it for free?

Exactly Mr. C. You got it.....that's the reason I specified which coupons were used.
Another reason I posted it because so many of us have large value reward coupons from recent FAReward deals and you can make a good deal by combining the today's deals with a breakroom coupon to make use of your reward coupon.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   peepsiemom said:   Come on, your rewards coupon is completely irrelevant to us. If your folks bought you the towels as a birthday present would you post to say you got it for free?

What is up with Staples and SOME of these coupons and using them with rewards. Some coupons only kick in if you have the minimum purchase amount after rewards are applied and for some coupons it doesn't matter. For the former, a phone call will work as the latter works.

I was thinking the same thing. I think lots of people had given up even applying coupons like this to an order w/fully rewards paid orders, just to find out that certain ones may work.

I'm glad Mama posted that just to show it's still worth a shot to try, I placed an order over the weekend that I could've gotten some more stuff with free had I applied a BR coupon but didn't try cause I thought it was just get rejected.

Oh no not again.....I did this last time and was called at work by a neighbor letting me know that my front porch was completely covered in boxes.

I have $25 off 75 coupon, may be is should get 19 of those and will end up with 52 after taxes...

Thanks! Got 7 packs! also had a $5 off $25 breakroom coupon plus $17 in rewards. Paid $5. Thanks!

Does anyone have a spare coupon? I didn't receive one.

Is this a good price for paper towels? I never use them so I don't know.

Necromancer said:   Is this a good price for paper towels? I never use them so I don't know.

It's decent for the select a size variety. There have been even better deals on some Bounty or Brawny offers in the past.

However, the free ship no min is especially helpful if you are ordering 1 or 2 packs only.

If you're ordering a boat load and have a coupon that doesn't expire for awhile, you might choose to wait for a better deal on the big packs of Bounty or Brawny at Staples, since shipping is always free at $45.

just bought 19 of them, used the $25 coupon, paid 54.xx with taxes, being delivered tomorrow (that's what it says)

68 sheets per roll seems very small for select a size...

compare to sams brand I get 1848 sheets (154 sheets per roll) x 12 for $15 vs 1632 for 16. ( 4 xpacks)

bjamm said:   68 sheets per roll seems very small for select a size...

compare to sams brand I get 1848 sheets (154 sheets per roll) x 12 for $15 vs 1632 for 16. ( 4 xpacks)

yes, but you have to factor 5% Cash Back, free shipping, no $50 membership fee, no gas to spend to go get them, etc.

Probably works out about the same or still cheaper going this route.

In for one... thanks!

Will trade two in-sore plus two online $20/$75 coupons for one $25/$75 coupon.

In for 2 thanks!!

MISTERCHEAP said:   bjamm said:   68 sheets per roll seems very small for select a size...

yes, but you have to factor 5% Cash Back, free shipping, no $50 membership fee, no gas to spend to go get them, etc.

No, I don't look it like that. Let's be practical and realistic. Member fees on a per-item basis? If you want to look at it that way, you can just about dilute that down to zero. Gas? Eh, my local club store is about a mile away from my house and directly along my daily commute. Extra gas used apart from my routine is negligible, and I'm not going to go out of my way just get some paper towels and nothing else. Cash Back? Well, going in store vs. online, no click-thru earnings, but payment can still be with a CC that earns CB. You get the picture.

Hey, if you want paper towels and have coupons and need to find a way to use rewards, fine. But let's keep the comparatives more concrete if you really want to break things down this way.

Must resist...Have about 80 rolls of towels already...Could use a good TP deal though.

yoregano said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   bjamm said:   68 sheets per roll seems very small for select a size...

No, I don't look it like that. Let's be practical and realistic. Member fees on a per-item basis? If you want to look at it that way, you can just about dilute that down to zero. Gas? Eh, my local club store is about a mile away from my house and directly along my daily commute. Extra gas used apart from my routine is negligible, and I'm not going to go out of my way just get some paper towels and nothing else. Cash Back? Well, going in store vs. online, no click-thru earnings, but payment can still be with a CC that earns CB. You get the picture.

Hey, if you want paper towels and have coupons and need to find a way to use rewards, fine. But let's keep the comparatives more concrete if you really want to break things down this way.

and if your local club store is 5-10 miles away? and you double dip on click thru Cash Back AND credit card Cash Back if paying oop. No, I think for many, what I posted is very realistic. If it's not in your own given situation, then do the better deal, but don't necessarily think the paper towels are cheaper at Sams if these other costs or savings can make/break the decision to just have the convenience of ordering them online w/free delivery.

Mr C, you just always have a response to everything, don't you? It seems like you live on this board 24/7.

I really don't know off the top of my head which scenario provides the better deal, but the main thing I still disagree with are oversimplified comparisons factoring in gas and fees in on nickel-and-dime items. I explained my thinking already. Some may agree, some may disagree, the reader can process accordingly. But go ahead and offer yet another rebuttal if you must.

yoregano said:   Mr C, you just always have a response to everything, don't you? It seems like you live on this board 24/7.

I really don't know off the top of my head which scenario provides the better deal, but the main thing I still disagree with are oversimplified comparisons factoring in gas and fees in on nickel-and-dime items. I explained my thinking already. Some may agree, some may disagree, the reader can process accordingly. But go ahead and offer yet another rebuttal if you must.

no rebuttal, your point of view is as valid as mine is. I don't discount what you are saying and agree in your scenario, by all means, buy these at Sam's. But some people compare prices on items without the hidden costs or savings that are far from abstract. (Cash Back, cost/time of going to a B&M, etc). In the end, it's up to everyone to determine which is the best deal FOR THEM IN THEIR OWN SITUATION. All I do is provide some additional things to consider, not sure why you have such a problem with that.

$.44/roll for me. 60 rolls. Thx Cheap, was starting to run low from quill brawny deal about 24 months ago.....

I don't see any coupons in my rewards acct at all. Not sure if they r targeted. I usually do not get any coupons at all. Not sure for what reason though.

Also, can someone tell me with "Paypal" as option for rebates, how long does it take to post on my Paypal acct. Submitted my rebate last week, but since last week, the status shows as "validation complete", but nothing on my Paypal acct. Doing for 1st time with Paypal option, hence want to know from some of u that already have done that way.

Thanks

MysteriousGirl said:   I don't see any coupons in my rewards acct at all. Not sure if they r targeted. I usually do not get any coupons at all. Not sure for what reason though.

Also, can someone tell me with "Paypal" as option for rebates, how long does it take to post on my Paypal acct. Submitted my rebate last week, but since last week, the status shows as "validation complete", but nothing on my Paypal acct. Doing for 1st time with Paypal option, hence want to know from some of u that already have done that way.

Thanks

allow 30 days from purchase for paypal rebate to show up.

good price, but just a heads up these are single ply and of not the best quality. You'll likely have to use more than standard paper towels to clean up. That being said, a paper towel is a paper towel for the most part. I still got a ton stashed in my closet, thx mr c

In order for them to issue a rebate-check, PayPal is no different in the time they take. Once issued, PayPal is immediate, while you have to wait for the physical check. You also don't have to worry about delayed or lost mail. Or delayed or forgotten bank deposit.

Can someone do the Kirkland math for me?

PatrickBateman said:   Can someone do the Kirkland math for me?Where do you see Kirkland? In other words, what info do you already have?

Awww Sold Out =(

Maybe if you buy the brand in bulk at Costco or buy the Kirkland brand, how does it compare? Not sure.

aarzi said:   PatrickBateman said:   Can someone do the Kirkland math for me?Where do you see Kirkland? In other words, what info do you already have?

Have a 5/25 break room coupon. Can order 7 for 27.93-5 ...worth the deal?

No.

Got 'em in today. Skinny little rolls. Not a great deal after all... more mediocre.

Used a $10 off $30 to get 8 of em. Little rolls. Not the greatest, but hey they brought them to my door and I won't have to buy paper towels for a while.

Skipping 4 Messages...
jwardl said:   Got 'em in today. Skinny little rolls. Not a great deal after all... more mediocre.

The rolls were quite pathetic. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in the measly rolls or the smashed up box they shipped in.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014