• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link
Amazon Wireless offers the Samsung Galaxy Note II for $69.99 for Sprint for new customers only with a two-year contract. Upgrades are $199.99. Amazon offers free 2-day shipping.

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sprint kills the deal.

jtroye32 said:   Sprint kills the deal.

I am very happy with Sprint...especially 4G...super fast.

Note 2 is awesome. I paid $300 with a contract...so this is awesome deal!

what is etf?

ETF shows as $350 for "advanced devices."

So, let's consider: $69.99 + $350 = 419.99 +tax (if applicable.) No contract.
"Upgrade" via Sprint.com (the only option for us SERO holdouts): $299 + tax, 2-year deal.

Are there downsides other than the increased cost to just paying the ETF? This phone goes for over $500 used on the 'bay.

Doesn't Sprint and Amazon have separate ETFs?

yes they do. Amazon requires your account in good standing for 180 days. if you cancel your contract within 6 months then you have to pay $250

seperate ETF's? so my acct is up in december. if i close my acct i have to pay the 350$ to Sprint then MORE to Amazon?

oh btw dont forget, if you get the phone on contract then etf it is ILLEGAL to unlock it for other carriers.
BUT if you BOUGHT it outright unlocked then its legal.

jtroye32 said:   Sprint kills the deal.

I do think so. I don't want to Sprint. I won't Sprint.

Give the carrier talk a rest. It's a all about where you live and the coverage. No carrier is perfect in terms of coverage.

oh btw dont forget, if you get the phone on contract then etf it is ILLEGAL to unlock it for other carriers. BUT if you BOUGHT it outright unlocked then its legal.

This is only applies in the land of the free. Everywhere else in the world its just fine. Of course the rest of the world isnt owned by Sprint, Verizon and Tmobile. Yet.

stradlin said:   ETF shows as $350 for "advanced devices."

"Upgrade" via Sprint.com (the only option for us SERO holdouts): $299 + tax, 2-year deal.

Are there downsides other than the increased cost to just paying the ETF? This phone goes for over $500 used on the 'bay.

I am a SERO holdout. Can I get on this deal while keeping SERO? Anyone try it? Thanks

drdomore said:   stradlin said:   ETF shows as $350 for "advanced devices."

I am a SERO holdout. Can I get on this deal while keeping SERO? Anyone try it? Thanks

See the discussion above- apparently there's both an Amazon and a Sprint ETF, so that doesn't make financial sense. As for getting an upgrade through anyone else but Sprint, I have yet to hear a verified success story that didn't involve lots of hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing.

stradlin said:   drdomore said:   stradlin said:   ETF shows as $350 for "advanced devices."

See the discussion above- apparently there's both an Amazon and a Sprint ETF, so that doesn't make financial sense. As for getting an upgrade through anyone else but Sprint, I have yet to hear a verified success story that didn't involve lots of hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing.

25 months ago I purchased an Epic 4G with Radio Shack.com and was able to activate it with SERO. I had to choose a plan when I ordered it on Radio Shack, but when I got the phone I called the special SERO activation number and they turned it right on. I was even able to move to the cheapest SERO plan (although that was done over email before I pulled the trigger).

So I can say for sure 25 months ago it was easy peasy, and I don't see why it would be any different today. Keep in mind you have to pay the $10 smartphone fee, and $10 4G fee, so the cheapest SERO service is $50/month (better than any plan other than possibly T-Mobile's pay as you go).

Since I know the next phone I get will have to last over 2 years I'm just contemplating wether to get a phone now or wait a few months for the S4 or other flagship type phones to come out. I'm still amazed with my Epic 4G so I know any phone I get now I'll be totally happy with, but the geek in me still wants the most powerful, most pixels, or whatever. So I think I'll wait but I'm certain I can still use my SERO plan. If not I may just buy a Nexus 4 and do T-Mobiles unlimited data plan for $30.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014