FREE AT&T IPHONE UNLOCK

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WWW.SWIFTUNLOCKS.COM IS RUNNING THIS PROMOTION. READ BELOW

I GOT MINE DONE THIS MORNING (ALTHOUGH IT STATES 12-48 HOURS). THIS WAS FROM A NEWSLETTER FROM THEIR SITE SINCE I AM A CELL PHONE STORE.

As you guys all know, unlocking is going to be illegal in USA. There is an online petition which will help our cause to fight back. Lets fight back and have this new DMCA overturned.

In order to give incentive to our customers and citizens of this country, we are offering ONE FREE AT&T IPHONE UNLOCK (will takes 1-2 DAYS). You can pass this word around to friends, family, classmates etc.

Please do the following:

1. Go to http://www.signunlockpetition.com
2. Follow the 3 STEPS
3. Please read terms & conditions
4. USE REFERRAL CODE: SWIFTUNLOCKS
and REQUEST UNLOCK

YOUR AT&T USA IPHONE WILL THEN BE PROCESSED WITHIN 12-48 HOURS. UNLOCKING PROCESS CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE OR HTTP://unlockinstructions.com

Member Summary

unlocked
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

archena (Mar. 07, 2013 @ 6:54p) |

Looks like we won the petition But no more free unlocks These guys will unlock the iPhone at&t though Unlock iPhone A... (more)

sales8467 (Mar. 23, 2013 @ 1:40p) |

How cold i unlock a ipone 4s

angelortiz (May. 26, 2013 @ 12:42a) |

Q? When will this promotion end?
A? SWIFTUNLOCKS.COM Stated it will be over after the 100,000th vote. there are only a couple thousand left.

Q? When is the phone done?
A. Check the whole thread. i mention the time when they are done and when i process the orders and what the cutoff was for the day.

Q? why dont i get an email?
A. Stated many times we are not sending out emails. There are too many being processed. This is just a submit site and we process it once daily and its done in the 12-48 hour time frame.

Q? What are instructions to unlock?

Make sure the Iphone is updated to the current 6.1.2 or latest version for your model
Make sure ITUNES is updated to the 11.0.1
Make sure the phone is not jailbroken. You will have teo remove the jailbreak (lower baseband). You can google/youtube how to do this.

Also try doing this process again on another computer. Also if the phone is reported STOLEN/LOST it will not work on USA GSM. It will only work overseas. The phone will not work on Sprint/Verizon/Net10/StraightTalk

Also if the phone is NOT ACTIVATED, it will not work. You will need to activate it by using an ACTIVE AT&T USA sim card

To complete the unlock, simply:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed. Make sure an sim card is inserted in phone.

2. Open iTunes on your MAC or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.

3. Connect your iPhone to iTunes by USB cable.

4. Back up your iPhone. How to back up: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

5. Complete the setup assistant and restore your backup(do restore iPhone followed by restore backup). Just restore backp won't work.

6. After the process has finished, disconnect your iPhone, wait 10 seconds, reconnect to iTunes. It’s fully unlocked.

Q. Why cant I unlock more than one for other member in family?
A. There is an IP restriction to prevent abuse. Make sure you do it through another internet line (ex: your phone, another router network, etc)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

krazyegg said:   WWW.SWIFTUNLOCKS.COM IS RUNNING THIS PROMOTION. READ BELOW

I GOT MINE DONE THIS MORNING (ALTHOUGH IT STATES 12-48 HOURS). THIS WAS FROM A NEWSLETTER FROM THEIR SITE SINCE I AM A CELL PHONE STORE.

As you guys all know, unlocking is going to be illegal in USA. There is an online petition which will help our cause to fight back. Lets fight back and have this new DMCA overturned.

In order to give incentive to our customers and citizens of this country, we are offering ONE FREE AT&T IPHONE UNLOCK (will takes 1-2 DAYS). You can pass this word around to friends, family, classmates etc.

Please do the following:

2. Follow the 3 STEPS
and REQUEST UNLOCK

YOUR AT&T USA IPHONE WILL THEN BE PROCESSED WITHIN 12-48 HOURS. UNLOCKING PROCESS CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE OR HTTP://unlockinstructions.com

What's up Shan!

If it works, good deal. I'm actually able to get an old iPhone unlocked via AT&T but their process is slow and the previous owner wasn't sure about their account info.. this way, will get the phone that should be unlocked, unlocked. Thanks OP

signed up , try to unlock an old 3gs i have.

questions, whats with the new law where unlocking is illegal? anyone have details? thanks.

wiru

I unlocked 2 Iphones in the past few months by ATT. Just called them, provided the IMEI number and five minutes later it was unlocked. One was my old phone and one was one I purchased on Craigslist.

Did not have to provide any other information about the previous owner etc.

Just FYI. Nothing more.

readed this news in the last month. It seems FCC just changed the coverage of the DMCA. In short, if your cellphone was not SIM unlocked before Jan 26, ATT gets the power to punish your wallet legally.

Cwrkr said:   I unlocked 2 Iphones in the past few months by ATT. Just called them, provided the IMEI number and five minutes later it was unlocked. One was my old phone and one was one I purchased on Craigslist.

Just FYI. Nothing more.

Are you a current customer? They can't do anything if a customer calls but I've been with various companies always. I wonder if anyone can call, or only att customers. The phones are free of contract but still.... I don't think they will give you the code if you're not a customer of theirs.

fastness said:   readed this news in the last month. It seems FCC just changed the coverage of the DMCA. In short, if your cellphone was not SIM unlocked before Jan 26, ATT gets the power to punish your wallet legally.

They punish my wallet every month.

fastness said:   readed this news in the last month. It seems FCC just changed the coverage of the DMCA. In short, if your cellphone was not SIM unlocked before Jan 26, ATT gets the power to punish your wallet legally.

The way i read it is that is only applicable to phones that you buy NEW after Jan 26. If the pone was purchased prior to Jan 26th, then it does not apply.

I signed the petition and hope the unlock comes also Thanks OP

Yes, I am a current ATT customer. I believe you have to be a past or present ATT customer. After I unlocked them I used them at T-Mobile for their $30 month unlimited text, internet & 100 minutes(thru WalMart) for my kids.

Anyone know if I have a AT&T iPhone on Straight Talk (ATT GSM version), this will let me unlock it?

Thanks OP. Just submitted info. Hoping to get an old 3gs unlocked.

Why is it only for the iPhone?

this is not true. you dont have to unlock your phone before the jan 26. its for phone manufacturered before this date. you can only unlock those phones legally.

definitely the main point of this thing is to get this thing signed and the new law repealed.

because AT&T iphone is the most popular. this is just an incentive for people to sign this petition. all iphones will be unlocked by tomrrow 8 or 9 am if you have signed the waiver and submitted all your info.

Thanks again for helping the cause

chedv said:   Thanks OP. Just submitted info. Hoping to get an old 3gs unlocked.

hello my friend.. yes i remember who you are. long time no talk!

krAmerica said:   krazyegg said:   WWW.SWIFTUNLOCKS.COM IS RUNNING THIS PROMOTION. READ BELOW

Please do the following:

2. Follow the 3 STEPS
and REQUEST UNLOCK

What's up Shan!

Still need 24,965 within 5 days. All members should go sign it.

krazyegg said:   WWW.SWIFTUNLOCKS.COM IS RUNNING THIS PROMOTION. READ BELOW

Please do the following:

2. Follow the 3 STEPS
and REQUEST UNLOCK

If you submit the information to them how will the unlock happen ? Does it casue you to reset your phone, backup and restore apps, data etc ?
Whats the process of unlock , if anybody can throw some light that would be great

Cwrkr said:   I unlocked 2 Iphones in the past few months by ATT. Just called them, provided the IMEI number and five minutes later it was unlocked. One was my old phone and one was one I purchased on Craigslist.

Just FYI. Nothing more.

Question : What process does AT&T use for unlocking the phone ? I currently have an iPhone 4 which is AT&T locked from apple. Was a gift more than a year ago
never got the AT&T service since i had my company phone on T Mobile. Only have wifi and Apps on it. I would prefer to unlock it for overseas usage
WOuld all data , apps need to be restored, would the phone iOS need to be upgraded ? Can you or anyone highlight how the unlock works since you mentioned you did it twice

cool

It's only illegal to unlock if your phone is subsidized under a 2 year contract. Once that contract is up it's free game. The only reasons I can think of to unlock under contract are on GSM phones if you are switching between 2 sims for some reason or if you are traveling out of the country and are using a service abroad temporarily. And I guess it helps if you want to sell a device if it's unlocked.

Reliable? I try to fill in and sign the petition. I hope all go well.

i signed up and hope it works

I was gonna send my info but decided to google them, the guy that runs that site seems very unprofessional. Going as far as signing up a customers email adress at spam sites because he did a chargeback after no response....no thanks

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/warning-swiftunlocks-com-771070/

fastness said:   readed this news in the last month.read

TheDiggler said:   fastness said:   readed this news in the last month.read

wow, so we are the victims of spam?

It is not illegal to unlock an un-subsidized phone. After the contract the phone is yours and the carrier should unlock it for you without hassle.

For AT&T, request the unlock through their website, wait the requested amount of time, restore your phone in iTunes.

Just FYI. Nothing more.

This is the form I found online:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

Current/previous customers ask for last 4 of SSN and account passcode
Non customer it asks for copy of receipt

Now if AT&T actually *checks* that seems to be YMMV. I personally unlocked a 3GS as a non-customer without any receipt or any previous customer info. But others have had more hassle.
Would rather just get the unlock for free rather than deal with AT&T. Hope it comes through tomorrow as posted, I put my info in right after the OP posted the deal.

And the way the unlock works is that you plug your phone into iTunes and get a notice to backup and restore your phone, and upon restore its then unlocked.

If the law passes, it leaves the decision to unlock the phone after the contract is completed up to the carrier. Right now, it's not a problem, but who says ATT won't deny their customers later. The point is that it should be not only legal but required that if the contract is up, the carrier is obliged to provide an unlock free of charge and the person have the right to then take the phone to any carrier.

If the law passes, it leaves the decision to unlock the phone after the contract is completed up to the carrier. Right now, it's not a problem, but who says ATT won't deny their customers later. The point is that it should be not only legal but required that if the contract is up, the carrier is obliged to provide an unlock free of charge and the person have the right to then take the phone to any carrier.

I just pay the dealer cost for this site. Very cheap. I do so gladly not to have to deal with AT&T on an old 3GS or 4. They are the devil.

It is the law now. This petition is to rescind this anti-consumer and competive law .

gcubed said:   If the law passes, it leaves the decision to unlock the phone after the contract is completed up to the carrier. Right now, it's not a problem, but who says ATT won't deny their customers later. The point is that it should be not only legal but required that if the contract is up, the carrier is obliged to provide an unlock free of charge and the person have the right to then take the phone to any carrier.

beachfitrob said:   I just pay the dealer cost for this site. Very cheap. I do so gladly not to have to deal with AT&T on an old 3GS or 4. They are the devil.

yeah, only 1.99. I would pay if they can deliver so to avoid hassel

one vote from me

can anyone show me how to find imei # on my at&t 4s iphone? thanks

settings -> about

To find your IMEI, just go to Phone app and dial *#06#

Or go to Settings > General > About > IMEI (just type all digits altogether, no space)

Who is the librarian of congress, and since when does that person have the ability to make or change law?
WTF???

Skipping 215 Messages...
How cold i unlock a ipone 4s

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014