• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
My old prepaid phone card is not a Micro Sim card. Is any way I could use it on my new LG Optimus L9 which is only Micro Sim card slot only?

Many Thanks!

owenyuen said:   My old prepaid phone card is not a Micro Sim card. Is any way I could use it on my new LG Optimus L9 which is only Micro Sim card slot only?

Many Thanks!

You can have it cut down to fit, but you don't have to do that. You can either call T-Mobile or to go their website and have your account moved to the new SIM card that comes with the phone.

spdracer5g said:   owenyuen said:   My old prepaid phone card is not a Micro Sim card. Is any way I could use it on my new LG Optimus L9 which is only Micro Sim card slot only?

Many Thanks!

You can have it cut down to fit, but you don't have to do that. You can either call T-Mobile or to go their website and have your account moved to the new SIM card that comes with the phone.

Thanks for the advice ........ If my account moved to the new SIM card that comes with the phone, I guess I should be able to keep my old phone number. Correct?

By the way, are most of the new phones using Micro Sim card instead of traditional SIM?

Again, Thanks a lot!!

owenyuen,

not really. not all new phones these days using micro sim. some of the new phones still use the standard sim card. iPhone 5 however use nano sim.

and yeah everything will be still the same - phone number. if you want, tmobile store can help you move contacts from your old phone to the new phone

LvBrknHrt said:   owenyuen,

not really. not all new phones these days using micro sim. some of the new phones still use the standard sim card. iPhone 5 however use nano sim.

and yeah everything will be still the same - phone number. if you want, tmobile store can help you move contacts from your old phone to the new phone

Thanks LvBrknHrt! Old men (I mean me only) cannot catch up the new technology!

its ok owenyuen. even for young men can't catch up with new technologies that come out almost every other day!

there is this site that i follow everyday to read abt phone news, technology related. Phonescoop

and also you can search to see the specs of the phones as well.

Thanks LvBrknHrt!!!

Picked up one from local Target. I am surprised how light this device is. Good phone for the price.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4677

One thing to be aware of is the transfer takes up to 2 hours, and you won't be able to use your phone during that period.

windingpath said:   http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4677
One thing to be aware of is the transfer takes up to 2 hours, and you won't be able to use your phone during that period.

Up to two hours for switching from oneSIM to another, but normally just minutes at most (if no network outrage). From my own experience, the time it took was from inserting new SIM to the new phone and power on. New SIM card was recognized instantly and everything was good to go. You do need to find a way to transfer all contacts and other things to the new phone.

Anyone able to tether this wirelessly so you can get on the internet with your laptop or tablet? I know there are apps out there that appear to work with some phones, but I'm curious if anyone has had success with this particular phone? It also appears T-Mobile makes it hard for those trying to get around having to pay for hot spot service through them from what I've read on some forums. I'm currently with Virgin Mobile and free wireless hot spot on my phone isn't an issue, but would like to switch over to T-Mobile if I can still do that with their newer phones such as this one. Thanks!

Is this at only at certain Targets, the two I went to in northern Indiana did not know of any bundle deal.

TMobile does block the built in hot spot service. I verified that doesn't work. with the same phone unlocked using a different carrier hotspot works fine -- so the phone supports it, its just Tmobile blocking it. Not sure if a custom ROM or rooting it would get around tmobile's block - probably would.

I used Easy Tether for USB/Bluetooth and that worked fine, but thats not wifi tether. I've been to Target's in both PA and CA and both had the deal..

pitflyer said:   TMobile does block the built in hot spot service. I verified that doesn't work. with the same phone unlocked using a different carrier hotspot works fine -- so the phone supports it, its just Tmobile blocking it. Not sure if a custom ROM or rooting it would get around tmobile's block - probably would.

I used Easy Tether for USB/Bluetooth and that worked fine, but thats not wifi tether. I've been to Target's in both PA and CA and both had the deal..

T-Mobile tries to block tethering on rooted phone too. They use many other way to detect it.

Easy Tether, Klink, and others run a proxy through the phone, so HTTP packet headers appear as coming from the device, rather than from a connected device.

The stock Wi-Fi tethering service on Android doesn't. T-Mobile aggressively, and some times, over-aggressively tracks this.

In the end, I suggest using Klink for tethering on Android with T-Mobile. Its stealth mode takes all the extreme precautions to ensure data appears to be coming from the device itself, and actually making sure that the data requests do come from the device itself.

used this phone but don't like it. just got Galaxy S3 on craigslist for $250 tonight

Sparty said:   Is this at only at certain Targets, the two I went to in northern Indiana did not know of any bundle deal.My store didn't know either, but when you check out it takes the 20% off. Just give it a try, it should be fine; if not tell them to cancel it.

scoot said:   It is not unlocked when you get it. At least not the T-Mobile version. Of course, it's illegal. Now waiting on the White House to respond to the 100,000+ signatures it has now received. We can presume that they will continue to kowtow to the MAFIAA.From what I have been reading it's only ill-eagle if it's a subsidized phone. Prepaid are not subsidized.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014