• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother HL-2280DW Mono Laser Printer/Scanner $99.99 Free Shipping at Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax

Best Buy Link

Create black-and-white documents with this laser printer that prints up to 27ppm* for efficient use and features up to 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution to ensure clarity.

PRODUCT FEATURES

From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores
Prints up to 27 ppm*
To generate documents quickly.
Network-ready with built-in Ethernet interface
For simple connection to your home or office network.
Built-in wireless networking (802.11b/g)
Allows easy connection to the Internet without wires.
32MB memory
Offers improved performance when printing complex documents.
Up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution
For crisp documents.
Scanner with 24- and 48-bit depth
Provides a scan resolution up to 19200 x 19200 for crisp document reproduction.
Standard yield toner cartridge and high-yield toner cartridge
Deliver exceptional clarity.
Prints on a variety of media
Including letter, legal, executive, folio, A4, A5, A5 (long edge), A6, B5 (ISO/JIS) and B6 (ISO) for wide-ranging use.
USB 2.0 connectivity
Allows easy connection to your computer.
*Print speeds vary with use. See manufacturer for info on print speeds.

Warranty Terms - Parts 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labor 1 year limited
Product Height 15.9"
Product Width 15.7"
Product Weight 22.7 lbs.
Product Depth 10.6"
Print Speed (B&W) Up to 27 ppm (Print speeds vary with use. See manufacturer for info on print speeds.)
Black Printer Resolution Up to 2400 x 600 dpi
Media Types Plain paper, thin paper, recycled paper
Media Sizes Letter, legal, executive, folio, A4, A5, A5 (long edge), A6, B5 (ISO/JIS), B6 (ISO)
Input Paper Capacity Up to 250 sheets
Output Paper Capacity Up to 100 sheets
Memory 32MB
Type of Interface Ethernet, USB 2.0
Print Quality For documents
Two-Sided Printer Yes
Networking Capabilities Wireless LAN (802.11b/g); Ethernet
Scanner Resolution (dpi) Up to 19200 x 19200 dpi
Bit Depth 48/24
Multiple Copies Up to 99
Reduction/ Enlargement 25-400%
Minimum System Requirements Windows 2000, XP, XP x64, Vista, Server 2003/2008 or 7; Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x or 10.6.x
Wireless Networking Yes
UPC 012502627081

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Brother HL-2280DW (20.07kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Also same price at Staples and Office Depot for persons with rewards and/or coupons.
Staff Summary

How is the ink on this one? Cheap refills?

Takes TN420/TN450 carts, same as the 2270DW does. Yes, those are available rather cheap, both as refills and knockoffs. I think that is the cheapest series of carts Brother still uses (old TN410 was cheaper).

Also same price at Staples and Office Depot for persons with rewards and/or coupons.

Brother® HL-2280DW Laser Multi-Function Printer 1 $199.99
$199.99 Delivered

Payment Information

Subtotal: $199.99
Coupons and Rewards -$125.00
Tax: $4.87
Delivery: $0.00
Total Order: $79.86

Bought this printer back in October, 2011 for $79.86 at Staples. That being said....it's a great printer. Inexpensive refills.

Thumbs up for the wireless networking. Auto duplex. Scan and copy. Decent software.

It's good.

grrrrr.... have to decline the Brother 2270 from the other post. I just ordered this one too. >_<
thx op

I purchased a use HL-2170W last week from Craigslist for $10, but like this one better with auto duplex and scanner. In for 1. Thanks.

how fast is this as a document scanner?

$10 for toner for self fill, found here if you go down this route be sure to but the replacement flag gear - also known as reset gear, which come included with the above kit, got the printer and at seems great, bit convoluted programming it for wireless

At Staples.com, get an extra $10 off using a cheap item, such as paperclips, as filler ($1.29). Use code 62115. Free shipping is included.

Toner costs are on the expensive side. The HL-2280DW ships with a 700-page starter cartridge of black toner. The standard-size replacement costs $38 and lasts for 1200 pages, which works out to a high 3.2 cents per page. High-yield black toner cartridges cost $55 each and last for 2600 pages, for a higher-than-average 2.1 cents per page. The $81 drum unit, when replaced after about 12,000 pages of use, will add less than a penny to each of the next 12,000 pages.

Generic 2,600 page toner cartridges are usually available for <$20. Drum unit is likewise quite a bit cheaper for generic.

Drum is good for more than 12,000 pages; simply turn off the Brother drum warning and continue using until print quality becomes unacceptable.

I hook it up today. The printer is good, the scanner pretty slow. The wireless setup is much easier than HL-2170W.

BUMMER!! I purchased this printer on Saturday night with a $25 off $100 coupon on Staples.com and they just canceled my order Too bad I was really looking forward to this and at less then $80 shipped it was a bargain...

Has anyone used generic toners with this printer model successfully? which generics and where to get them?

LAHIKER said:   Has anyone used generic toners with this printer model successfully? which generics and where to get them?I just started using Linkyo TN450 carts in my 2270DW and have been happy thus far. I know the 2280DW takes the same TN450.

Still $129.99 at Office Max

duplicate post-

There are no more deals or coupons on this printer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014