• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot FAR software for the week of 02/24/2013 and the week of 03/03/2013


UPDATE for the week of 03/03/2013:

The deals and rebates continue for the three non-Symantec/Norton titles. The Symantec/Norton title is not mentioned in the ad so its possible that the instant savings for that item is not continuing for the week of 03/03.


====================

One free after rebate title and three $9.99 after rebate titles.

Rebates are linked for all titles except Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle.


====================


McAfee® Internet Security For 3 PC’s [830698]

McAfee® Internet Security 2013 for 3 PC’s [830698] $59.99 LINK
++ See McAfee alert below
++ Advertised as "FREE After $10 Instant & $60 Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$60 standard rebate #13-48741 LINK
--- paid via prepaid Visa card
--- rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
--- original UPC code (731944630045) [note: UPC probably should be 731944631028 as the UPC ending in 0045 is for a different McAfee product.]
--- copy of receipt
++ McAfee rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.mcafeerebates.com

Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle, Traditional Disc [873394] $44.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $5 Instant, $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $15 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings Visa® Prepaid Cards"
$20 standard rebate #???
??? rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
??? paid via VISA prepaid card
??? original UPC code (The UPC code is a 12-digit bar code found on the bottom of box.)
??? copy of receipt
$15 upgrade rebate #???
??? rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
??? paid via VISA prepaid card
??? original proof of purchase (proof of purchase is located on the top inside flap of box).
??? copy of receipt
??? proof of previous ownership of a stand-alone or pre-loaded version of any Norton™ or Symantec™ software or another company’s antivirus, firewall, antispam, antispyware, utility, or back up software product. Proof of previous ownership submission requirements: a) Previous owners of a stand-alone, retail (boxed or downloaded) product must enclose either a copy of the previous product’s CD, first page of manual (usually titled “User’s Guide”), or your confirmation email from your previous download purchase. b) Previous owners of pre-loaded (OEM) software product must enclose a copy of the previous product’s Help/About screen.
++ Symantec/Norton rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.symantecrebates.com

PhotoImpact® Pro 13, Traditional Disc [948245] $79.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $40 Mfr. Mail-In & $30 Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$40 standard rebate #601-169 LINK (linked from product page)
--- rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
--- original Proof of Purchase 1 Emblem (located on the bottom inside flap of the product box)
--- copy of receipt
++ Not combinable with the on-box camera attach rebate
$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30 LINK
++ Be advised that the rebate processor for Nova Development/Avanquest rebates has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx

PHOTO EXPLOSION DELUXE 5.0 [891709] $49.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $40 in (2) Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$20 standard rebate ##601-168 LINK
--- rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
--- original Proof of Purchase 1 Emblem (located on the bottom inside flap of the product box)
--- copy of receipt
-- $20 CONTINUING "on box" rebate #PED520 LINK
++ Be advised that the Nova Development/Avanquest rebate processor has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- registration card
--- copy of receipt
--- original upc code
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx


====================

NOTE: There is breaking news on the subject of Symantec/Norton rebates. Apparently, high volume submitters are having their rebates invalidated on account of the dreaded "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

====================

****ALERT ON McAfee REBATES****

McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

UPDATE:
--- While it appeared from several posts over the past year on FW and SD that McAfee was no longer enforcing the one rebate per product limit, it now appears that the "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process" invalidation has returned. LINK
--- There is one poster on FW who had not submitted a McAfee rebate since falling victim to the Summer 2010 debacle until June 2012. The rebate submission was invalidated. After failing to get the rebate processor to valid the rebate, the poster was able to convince a McAfee representative to make good on the rebate. Not sure what to make of this but it is possible that at least some of those black listed during the Summer 2010 debacle are black listed for life.

====================

NOTES:

--- Link to Office Depot's rebate website: LINK
--- "FAR": free after rebate
--- "completely new rebates": the goal of my Office Depot rebate threads is that the rebates of any title listed in the "completely new rebates" category can be submitted without concern for past rebate submissions.
--- "standard rebate": all rebate proofs can be satisfied with the purchase of the title.
--- "upgrade rebate": at least one rebate proof requires providing a certain proof of owning a previous version of the product or a competitors' product.
--- "CONTINUING rebate": the rebate was not offered for the first time during this offer period. Please check your rebate submission history to determine whether you have submitted this rebate in the past.
--- "onbox" or "inbox" rebate: the rebate form or the information for submitting the rebate are found on or in the product box. If known, a link to a pdf version of the rebate or the pre-submission information for the rebate are provided.

====================

The following search should return most earlier "Office Depot FAR software" threads: SEARCH LINK

====================

Office Depot
See Office Depot promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

McAfee (71.26kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Norton (69.97kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Photo Impact (107.07kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Photo Explosion (82.01kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
From CSR last week: "Promotion 12-48741 is not a valid promotion. Promotion 13-48741 is a valid promotion that is not y... (more)

c3 (Mar. 13, 2013 @ 10:38a) |

My submission for Promotion 13-48741 now shows: "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing"

fw101 (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 11:40a) |

Now it's available for online pre-submission.

c3 (Mar. 25, 2013 @ 12:13p) |


McAfee could be a MoneyMaker if 30% off coupon(OD B&M 30% off coupon) works on this. The fine print doesn't exclude software.

BPVH, can you provide the link for $30 mail in Savings offer for "PhotoImpact® Pro 13 [948-245]". Could not find the same on OD website.

megacosdeals said:   McAfee could be a MoneyMaker if 30% off coupon(OD B&M 30% off coupon) works on this. The fine print doesn't exclude software.

Probably not since the coupon is for a "Regular priced item". The McAfee software is "sale" priced with instant savings plus the rebate.

PhinTron said:   BPVH, can you provide the link for $30 mail in Savings offer for "PhotoImpact® Pro 13 [948-245]". Could not find the same on OD website.
On box rebate.

$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30 LINK
++ Be advised that the rebate processor for Nova Development/Avanquest rebates has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx

I should get around to updating the OP this evening.

The 30% coupon did not work for McAfee, but the person happened to be a manager and gave me 30% off after carefully reading the coupon. Worth a shot.

30% coupon did not work on McAfee. Manager gave 10% off.

Edit: Added product.

McAfee UPC on the box does not match that on the rebate offer printed. Also, McAfee rebate does not show up on McAfee web site.

Any one else taking chances? I feel like I should return it.

thanks

megacosdeals said:   McAfee could be a MoneyMaker if 30% off coupon(OD B&M 30% off coupon) works on this. The fine print doesn't exclude software.

Photoimpact should be a mm too if used with the 30% off coupon, correct?

chikuMarwadi said:   McAfee UPC on the box does not match that on the rebate offer printed. Also, McAfee rebate does not show up on McAfee web site.

Any one else taking chances? I feel like I should return it.

The pdf version of the rebate form notes the wrong UPC. The UPC noted is for a different McAfee product. The cash register rebate that prints out when purchasing the product listed in the OP has the same UPC error.

It is not uncommon for the pre-submit site to not have a rebate form available this early.

..Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle, Traditional Disc [873394] $44.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $5 Instant, $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $15 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings Visa® Prepaid Cards"
$20 standard rebate #???
??? rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
??? paid via VISA prepaid card
??? original UPC code (The UPC code is a 12-digit bar code found on the bottom of box.)
??? copy of receipt
$15 upgrade rebate #???
??? rebate valid from 2/24/2013 through 03/09/2013
??? paid via VISA prepaid card
??? original proof of purchase (proof of purchase is located on the top inside flap of box).
??? copy of receipt
??? proof of previous ownership of a stand-alone or pre-loaded version of any Norton™ or Symantec™ software or another company’s antivirus, firewall, antispam, antispyware, utility, or back up software product. Proof of previous ownership submission requirements: a) Previous owners of a stand-alone, retail (boxed or downloaded) product must enclose either a copy of the previous product’s CD, first page of manual (usually titled “User’s Guide”), or your confirmation email from your previous download purchase. b) Previous owners of pre-loaded (OEM) software product must enclose a copy of the previous product’s Help/About screen.
++ Symantec/Norton rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.symantecrebates.com..

Did it have a cheaper Promotion some time ago??

evesily said:   ..Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle, Traditional Disc [873394] $44.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $5 Instant, $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $15 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings Visa® Prepaid Cards"

Did it have a cheaper Promotion some time ago??

According to my OD FAR software thread file, this is the third time this specific title, Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle, Traditional Disc [873394], has been included and each time it has been $9.99 after rebate. The 2012 version of this title was never less than $9.99 after rebate either.

if a person is gutsy (and unafraid of the possible hassle of symantec rebates these days) and if the 30% off coupon works, the norton could be FAR or moneymaker ($45 - $13.50 - $35 MIR)

>>Norton AntiVirus™ 2013/Norton Online Backup 5GB Bundle, Traditional Disc [873394] $44.99
>>++ Advertised as "$9.99 After $5 Instant, $20 Mfr. Mail-In & $15 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings Visa® Prepaid Cards"

I can't find the rebates on SymantecRebates.com; and there is no link on OD. Has anyone found the rebates?

TIA

Are Nova rebates worth the hassles?

bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   BPVH, can you provide the link for $30 mail in Savings offer for "PhotoImpact® Pro 13 [948-245]". Could not find the same on OD website.
On box rebate.

$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30 LINK
++ Be advised that the rebate processor for Nova Development/Avanquest rebates has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx

I should get around to updating the OP this evening.



$30 CONTINUING Rebate form mentions following
"If required for redemption, the original UPC barcode, Proof of Purchase emblem and completed registration card must accompany your submission."

So I interprete it as that Purchase Emblem from the box need to be submitted for rebate alongwith UPC. The USD 40 mail in savings on the same product also need the Emblem 1 submission. So that means only one rebate can can be apprpoved based on the above.

Any one have any experience on how this work? Do I need to submit emblem for 30 rebate? Any one tried this rebate earlier & got approved for both rebates?

PhinTron said:   bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   BPVH, can you provide the link for $30 mail in Savings offer for "PhotoImpact® Pro 13 [948-245]". Could not find the same on OD website.
On box rebate.

$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30 LINK
++ Be advised that the rebate processor for Nova Development/Avanquest rebates has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx

I should get around to updating the OP this evening.

$30 CONTINUING Rebate form mentions following
"If required for redemption, the original UPC barcode, Proof of Purchase emblem and completed registration card must accompany your submission."

So I interprete it as that Purchase Emblem from the box need to be submitted for rebate alongwith UPC. The USD 40 mail in savings on the same product also need the Emblem 1 submission. So that means only one rebate can can be apprpoved based on the above.

Any one have any experience on how this work? Do I need to submit emblem for 30 rebate? Any one tried this rebate earlier & got approved for both rebates?

I have done many, many, Avanquest/NovaDevelopment rebates. There is no such problem with Avanquest/NovaDevelopment rebates.

Notice the "if". The general terms state "If required for redemption, the original UPC barcode, Proof of Purchase emblem and completed registration card must accompany your submission". The specific terms require only those items noted in the OP. Since the other proofs are not required, they do not need to be included with the rebate submission.

I did the Nova rebate late last year and they did invalidate it as "missing Emblem". I complained and got validated. That is the one from Young America.

The one on the box was also a pain getting updated. They had "not received" after sending in for 7-8 weeks. Complained and got my check in a couple weeks after complaining. I have another one in "pending audit".

maddybeagle said:   I did the Nova rebate late last year and they did invalidate it as "missing Emblem". I complained and got validated. That is the one from Young America.

The one on the box was also a pain getting updated. They had "not received" after sending in for 7-8 weeks. Complained and got my check in a couple weeks after complaining. I have another one in "pending audit".

Just to clarify, the terms issue noted by PhinTron is for the rebate processed by Avanquest/NovaDevelopment not the rebate processed by Office Depot's rebate processor Young America.

confused200 said:   Are Nova rebates worth the hassles?

Definitely not. I had many rebates with them that were "stuck" in processing for up to a year. I finally got most of them, but only after a great deal of hassle.

bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   bpvh said:   PhinTron said:   BPVH, can you provide the link for $30 mail in Savings offer for "PhotoImpact® Pro 13 [948-245]". Could not find the same on OD website.
On box rebate.

$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30 LINK
++ Be advised that the rebate processor for Nova Development/Avanquest rebates has a habit of not sending rebate checks even on valid rebates unless contacted.
--- original UPC code
--- copy of receipt
--- registration card
--- rebate form or sticker or paper
--- presubmit at usa.novadevelopment.com/support/rebate/Registration.aspx

I should get around to updating the OP this evening.

$30 CONTINUING Rebate form mentions following
"If required for redemption, the original UPC barcode, Proof of Purchase emblem and completed registration card must accompany your submission."

So I interprete it as that Purchase Emblem from the box need to be submitted for rebate alongwith UPC. The USD 40 mail in savings on the same product also need the Emblem 1 submission. So that means only one rebate can can be apprpoved based on the above.

Any one have any experience on how this work? Do I need to submit emblem for 30 rebate? Any one tried this rebate earlier & got approved for both rebates?

I have done many, many, Avanquest/NovaDevelopment rebates. There is no such problem with Avanquest/NovaDevelopment rebates.

Notice the "if". The general terms state "If required for redemption, the original UPC barcode, Proof of Purchase emblem and completed registration card must accompany your submission". The specific terms require only those items noted in the OP. Since the other proofs are not required, they do not need to be included with the rebate submission.


Thanks BPVH.

Can you let me know the basis for terms that you mentioned in OP for "$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30". Are they available somwhere OR is it based on your experience?

PhinTron said:   Thanks BPVH.

Can you let me know the basis for terms that you mentioned in OP for "$30 CONTINUING "on box" standard rebate UTW30". Are they available somwhere OR is it based on your experience?

In the OP there is a link to a pdf version of the "on-box" rebate.

Also, if you submit the rebate, you get the following (and attached):

ATTENTION CODE:
UTW30-S

Please print this page and mail it along with
ALL of the required rebate materials to:

Nova Development
P.O. Box 5617
Riverside, CA 92517
ATTN: UTW30-S

YOUR REBATE CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS
YOU PRINT AND INCLUDE THIS PAGE
Requirements:
(click on specific requirements for more info)

Registration Card
Receipt
Original UPC from Box
Rebate Form or Sticker or Paper

Requirement Description:
Not Available With Third Party Purchases.
*Important Submission Note:
You have 30 days from your date of purchase to submit the required rebate materials. We will determine your rebate eligibility by reviewing all of the required items and by verifying the date on your submitted receipt (or receipt copy).

If your rebate requires a Proof of Purchase and/or UPC,
please attach them in the designated areas below:

bpvh said:   maddybeagle said:   I did the Nova rebate late last year and they did invalidate it as "missing Emblem". I complained and got validated. That is the one from Young America.

The one on the box was also a pain getting updated. They had "not received" after sending in for 7-8 weeks. Complained and got my check in a couple weeks after complaining. I have another one in "pending audit".

Just to clarify, the terms issue noted by PhinTron is for the rebate processed by Avanquest/NovaDevelopment not the rebate processed by Office Depot's rebate processor Young America.


Yes, I know. I had problems with both. I would not be doing any other Nova rebates again. Too much hassle.

bpvh said:   chikuMarwadi said:   McAfee UPC on the box does not match that on the rebate offer printed. Also, McAfee rebate does not show up on McAfee web site.

Any one else taking chances? I feel like I should return it.

The pdf version of the rebate form notes the wrong UPC. The UPC noted is for a different McAfee product. The cash register rebate that prints out when purchasing the product listed in the OP has the same UPC error.

It is not uncommon for the pre-submit site to not have a rebate form available this early.


How many mistakes can they make on one rebate? The mail in rebate form that printed at the register has the rebate number as 12-48741 instead of 13-48741. It also has the wrong UPC. Still can't find it on mcafeerebates.com. Given that even a 100% correct rebate is often rejected by McAfee, I'm seriously considering returning it, even though I used a 20% coupon, so it should be a money maker.

what are you guys doing abt the McAfee IS wrong UPC on rebate form? Processor is saying it will be denied. Have not sent it in yet.

mrlandlord said:   what are you guys doing abt the McAfee IS wrong UPC on rebate form? Processor is saying it will be denied. Have not sent it in yet.
Did you ask the processor what UPC they have on file for the rebate?

The rebate processor goes by what they have on file not what the rebate form states. If the rebate processor has the correct UPC on file there should be no UPC issues. If the rebate processor has the incorrect UPC on file then the rebate will be denied.

mrlandlord said:   what are you guys doing abt the McAfee IS wrong UPC on rebate form? Processor is saying it will be denied. Have not sent it in yet.
Here is what I got in an email response:
I looked up the UPC number for you under promotion code 13-48741. The UPC of 731944631028 is valid and correct for this promotion. So please mail in your copies for processing. Allow 3 weeks for them to be received.

McAfee Offer 13-48741 still cannot be found on http://www.mcafeerebates.com. Anybody asked about this?

jwe123 said:   McAfee Offer 13-48741 still cannot be found on http://www.mcafeerebates.com. Anybody asked about this?
It's not that unusual. Sometimes the pre-submit site has the rebate available right away, sometimes after a delay and sometimes not at all.

thanks. i now noticed that on the form that printed out at the register for the McAfee is at OD it has 12- rather than 13-.

mrlandlord said:   thanks. i now noticed that on the form that printed out at the register for the McAfee is at OD it has 12- rather than 13-.
Pretty sure that "13-" is correct as the first two digits of Parago rebates are generally the year the rebate began.

From CSR last week: "Promotion 12-48741 is not a valid promotion. Promotion 13-48741 is a valid promotion that is not yet ready for submission."

My submission for Promotion 13-48741 now shows: "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing"

Now it's available for online pre-submission.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014