• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

hdmi
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No.

my4mainecoons (Feb. 27, 2013 @ 7:33p) |

They are making thinner cables that can handle future bandwidth that uses 2 channels to mess with your mind.

The cables a... (more)

Mikey895 (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 2:50p) |

Darn Now OOS.
Was showing instock, had to leave desk for a minute, then it was removed from cart when i went to check out... (more)

fraidy (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 3:21p) |

Apply Coupon: BTEXVWM22 for $3.60 off (YMMV)

Newegg rebate form for the 15ft version: 15ft Rebate form
or more direct link: http://newegg.rebateaccess.com/?p=46442
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$21.99 @ Newegg. FS w/Shoprunner otherwise 1.99 shipping.

This is a great deal, almost unheard of. Gotta love Newegg Free-bates. Although it takes a while to get back it's like Christmas when it does.

GeorgeGarman said:   $21.99 @ Newegg. FS w/Shoprunner otherwise 1.99 shipping.
Shoprunner=After Your Free 30 Day Trial Ends $8.95 per month or $79 for a full year.

D*mn you FW, making me spend money again. Although this only cost me $1.99, so I'll survive for the next bargain!

10 foot cable FAR as well. Different rebate offer #, so looks like we can get both.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882422053

What does Redmere technology do?

Apply Coupon: BTEXVWM22 for $3.60 off

This code worked yesterday for 10ft cable. YMMV today

icecube said:   What does Redmere technology do?
From Wikipedia, "RedMere is an Irish company founded in 2004, and one of the biggest companies in the cable assembly industry
RM1689 IC — a semiconductor device which boosts the performance of HDMI cable. This was demonstrated in the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
VerifEye— a cable test platform.
On 27 March 2009, RedMere teamed up with Monster, another manufacturer of audio/video cables to create ultra-thin HDMI cable that would transfer data at up to 10.2 Gb/s."

Their cables have a built-in chip which enables them to make the cable thinner and lighter

OK to order both cables on one invoice or split up both orders?

I bought a Redmere 10ft cable a few weeks ago from another manufacturer. The thickness of the cable made me laugh... It's so much thinner than a regular cable that you almost think it couldn't possibly work but it sure does. Just remember that Redmere HDMI cables are directional.

blueribb said:   Apply Coupon: BTEXVWM22 for $3.60 off

This code worked yesterday for 10ft cable. YMMV today
code still works. i saved 3 cents on sales tax but i'm getting 3 few miles on my credit card and 3 cents less in Cash Back. got both cables in separate orders. thanks everyone.

ChalPhut said:   OK to order both cables on one invoice or split up both orders?

I usually split them into separate orders. With only one item on the receipt, the rebate processor cannot say 'Couldn't locate purchase on receipt'. I have had that happen before.

The rebates are different, so mail each in a separate envelope.

Newegg usually bundles multiple orders together when they can, at least they have for me. So you should get both cables on one envelope.

Got one! Thanks! Code worked for me too.

Total $17.59

Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTEXVWM22.

jayfatwallets said:   Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTEXVWM22.

harlock001 said:   jayfatwallets said:   Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTEXVWM22.

It is a targeted coupon code that only works for certain emails, unlike the the codes that usually start with "N" that just require you to be subscribed to the newsletter. YMMV.

I bought both cables. Putting the code in knocked off a total of $8, making this a potential money-maker (unless they adjust the rebate to actual price paid).

I get 'Egg emails, but the code did not work for me (said my email was ineligible). I ordered both cables on the same invoice--I see no reason for a problem. Used Shoprunner for shipping--doesn't everyone have a free membership at this point?

why not buy both and make money from it?

created a new account&subscribed to the news letter... still couldn't get the code to work.

i saved 3 cents on sales tax but i'm getting 3 few miles on my credit card and 3 cents less in Cash Back.
Is the rebate limited to the amount paid, or is it (like Staples) a MM?

Thanks!
=aw

I was also rejected for the code posted above, my email address doesn't qualify.

Went to my Newegg email from this morning and there's a "20% off selected cables" code which was also rejected, doesn't apply to this product (the 10' cable).

Oh well it's FAR anyway.

=aw

got one, tux OP!

I bought a 60' Redmere cable to replace a flaky balun setup in my media room and it works flawlessly. Green for OP for a steal on a great cable.

worked for me, got both with 8 off! Thanks OP and blueribb!

Got 1. Code didn't work, but full rebate anyways. NICE FIND!

Thanks OP. Got both and use coupon code BTEXVWM22 got $8.00 off.

in for 25' of cable - thanks for pointing out the addl. 10 footer

Not sure why, but I went in on both...

Oh wait... it's a MM AR/AC (which did work for me) and Free 2 Day Shipping with Shoprunner!

harlock001 said:   ChalPhut said:   OK to order both cables on one invoice or split up both orders?

I usually split them into separate orders. With only one item on the receipt, the rebate processor cannot say 'Couldn't locate purchase on receipt'. I have had that happen before.

The rebates are different, so mail each in a separate envelope.

Newegg usually bundles multiple orders together when they can, at least they have for me. So you should get both cables on one envelope.

But there's only 1 coupon.

harlock001 said:   10 foot cable FAR as well. Different rebate offer #, so looks like we can get both.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882422053
I got this one too. This deserves a separate thread so other FWer's don't miss it.

got both using the coupon codes! separate orders

Great deal OP, thank you (green).

When you receive the cable, keep in mind that the cables are directional unlike regular HDMI cables. With regular cables you can plug either end into the TV or blu-ray, for example. With these, there is one end that must be used for the TV and one end for the blu-ray player. It isn't a big deal, but you need to pay attention.

I have been intrigued by these cables for a while. I think this will be one of unfortunate cases in which getting one free will get me hooked to buy a a whole lot more.

GeorgeGarman said:   $21.99 @ Newegg. FS w/Shoprunner otherwise 1.99 shipping.
THIS SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE

obitwocanobe said:   got both using the coupon codes! separate orders

How? Different accounts or what?

I'm getting "There is an issue with promo code BTEXVWM22. Please check promo code again or contact customer service" for the second order.

russ0519 said:   obitwocanobe said:   got both using the coupon codes! separate orders

How? Different accounts or what?

I'm getting "There is an issue with promo code BTEXVWM22. Please check promo code again or contact customer service" for the second order.

Thanks OP. I purchased both of tem in 2 separate orders on 2 difft accts, and was able to use the code successfully.
Thanks to 'blueribb' for the code and thanks to 'harlock001' for the 10ft cable too.

Purchased 2 days back the 25 ft HDMI(for $4) posted here on FW. Had known about this, would had skipped that.

Anyways thanks to all. And now have to wait for the rebates once the item ships.

icecube said:   What does Redmere technology do?

The same thing using the term Organic does, removes extra money from the pockets of the gullible.

Skipping 35 Messages...
Darn Now OOS.
Was showing instock, had to leave desk for a minute, then it was removed from cart when i went to check out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014