• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was looking for the PN60E8000 to see if I could find any deals on that TV and I found Beach Audio's listing on eBay for almost $1600, then I looked on their website and found they had it there for $1515.07 with free shipping! I tried to see if Amazon would price match so I might be able to get the free Samsung tablet, but they would not price match that website as they only price match to select websites for Tvs.

So I bought it today by PayPal and they are shipping today and only from 1 state away so I should have it early next week! Can't wait to get my new TV! Best price I could find on the net. I got a call a few hours after my order was placed and they told me they had plenty of these in stock. I dont think this TV will drop too much lower over the next few months and Amazon is selling it for around $1900 with a free Galaxy Tab worth $200 for a few more days.

Link to TV
http://www.beachaudio.com/Samsung/Pn60e8000gfxza-p-608469.html

CNET review
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-pn60e8000/4505-64...

Member Summary

Pic of PN60E8000 (16.42kB)
Thanks iWillEndYou
Disclaimer
The good: The Samsung PNE8000 series exhibited outstanding overall picture quality, characterized by exceedingly deep black levels, accurate colors, superb video processing, and very good 3D. Unlike LCDs, as a plasma TV it has superb off-angle and uniformity characteristics. Its massive feature set includes a touch-pad remote, IR blaster, two pairs of 3D glasses, motion and voice command, and the industry's most capable Smart TV platform. This Samsung is also one of the best plasma designs around.

The bad: Samsung charges too much for extra features that are largely unnecessary and poorly implemented. Its picture delivers slightly worse shadow detail and bright-room performance than some competitive plasmas, and its maximum light output is somewhat dim.

The bottom line: The expensive Samsung PNE8000 series comes through with stellar picture quality, but its main appeal is to people who crave the latest gadgetry in their plasma TV.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Pretty bogus that Amazon will not PM BeachAudio. Good deal op.

wfay said:   Pretty bogus that Amazon will not PM BeachAudio. Good deal op.

yes I know! So dumb...

They sell on their site...

These are the only sites they will PM they said:
* bestbuy.com
* bhphotovideo.com
* Buy.com
* buydig.com
* cdw.com
* circuitcity.com
* compusa.com
* costco.com
* Dell.com
* electronics-expo.com
* frys.com
* hhgregg.com
* Newegg.com
* PaulsTV.com
* 6ave.com
* SamsClub.com
* Sears.com
* target.com
* TigerDirect.com
* us-appliance.com
* vanns.com
* WalMart.com

Got my tracking and said it shipped!

Got this tv from costcentral a couple weeks back for a little lower - for others still looking for this or the E7000 keep checking the costcentral website. For some reason over the past two weeks the price keeps randomly fluctuating. The E7000 was as low as just under $1,300 also. Right now both are priced way up on there, but no harm in checking very so often.

It buzzes a bit like the reviews say, but it's mainly only if you sit straight on and turn your head so your ear is directly in line with the tv. With sound on, it's barely noticeable.

danboris said:   Got this tv from costcentral a couple weeks back for a little lower - for others still looking for this or the E7000 keep checking the costcentral website. For some reason over the past two weeks the price keeps randomly fluctuating. The E7000 was as low as just under $1,300 also. Right now both are priced way up on there, but no harm in checking very so often.

It buzzes a bit like the reviews say, but it's mainly only if you sit straight on and turn your head so your ear is directly in line with the tv. With sound on, it's barely noticeable.

e8000 is over $2k at costcentral now and e7000 is like $1800.

I think this is probably around the best price this TV will be for a few more weeks until 2013 models start coming out more in the spring and they want to clear out older models. I would of rather got the e7000 because I don't need a bunch of the features the e8000 has, but hey Im not gonna complain either.

Hope mine doesn't have bad buzzing or I will be calling Samsung. I dont ever use sound out of my TV, I always use my surround so I probably wouldnt notice it. I am nitpicky though when i spend a good amount of money on a TV and if there is issues I will be hitting up samsung.

Both of these are around $1,550 on Amazon right now. Good drop on the e8000 with Amazon as the seller. 3rd party for the e7000.

What's the difference between this and the $799 Samsung 60" LED 3D 600hz TV at Sears? Sorry I don't know too much about TV tech.

elBulli said:   What's the difference between this and the $799 Samsung 60" LED 3D 600hz TV at Sears? Sorry I don't know too much about TV tech.

I think the one you're looking at This?
LED vs. Plasma
That LED is the model from 2011 I believe. The letters D, E, F in the models will denote the year model they are.
The refresh rate is 120Hz, not 600.
It's basically completely different in terms of technology, so it's hard to compare.

Always a good starting place to check CNET reviews
UN60D6400
PN60E8000

danboris said:   elBulli said:   What's the difference between this and the $799 Samsung 60" LED 3D 600hz TV at Sears? Sorry I don't know too much about TV tech.

I think the one you're looking at This?
LED vs. Plasma
That LED is the model from 2011 I believe. The letters D, E, F in the models will denote the year model they are.
The refresh rate is 120Hz, not 600.
It's basically completely different in terms of technology, so it's hard to compare.

Always a good starting place to check CNET reviews
UN60D6400
PN60E8000

Also the number after D/E/F denotes where it is in the line for features. An 8000 model is higher end than a 6000/6400.

Anyone know the power usage on this model?

The energy guide label is available on the Amazon product page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014