• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Was at my local Lowe's today (North side Springfield, IL) and saw the Kitchenaid 7 cup food processor (onyx black) on clearance at $26 (regular price is $99). They had two in box, and one display. I picked one up for myself and my mother bought another, but they still had the display available. This is probably very YMMV, but if your store happens to have any stock, you may be in luck!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_31402-83124-KFP715OB_0__?productId=30668... (Price not available online)

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kitchenaid 7 cup food processor
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Comes up $51 for me with free store pickup or "Lowe's Truck Deliver". That's still a great deal! Zip 32765.

I was able to do an online order for instore pickup for the $26 in the DC area. I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my sister but after reading the reviews on Amazon, I'm a little concerned. It got pretty bad reviews for the bowl handle breaking quickly or the locking mechanism breaking and rendering it useless. The link is for the white model of the same unit:

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFP7I5-7-Cup-Processor-White/pr...

OP, Have you used your's yet? Does it seem OK compared to all the reviews??

none available in dfw areas.

bano said:   I was able to do an online order for instore pickup for the $26 in the DC area. I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my sister but after reading the reviews on Amazon, I'm a little concerned. It got pretty bad reviews for the bowl handle breaking quickly or the locking mechanism breaking and rendering it useless. The link is for the white model of the same unit:

I have the larger size processor and can tell you the handle WILL break if you treat the unit rough. When you lock the bowl in do not use the handle but grip the bowl with both hands and lock it in. Kitchenaid is quality as far as my unit is concerned and for $26 you cant go wrong plus CS is good about returns. I'd buy a few myself but OOS all around me. Hope this helps.

Comes up $51 for me with free store pickup or "Lowe's Truck Deliver". That's still a great deal! Zip 11421

brotherhpj said:   bano said:   I was able to do an online order for instore pickup for the $26 in the DC area. I ordered 2, 1 for me and 1 for my sister but after reading the reviews on Amazon, I'm a little concerned. It got pretty bad reviews for the bowl handle breaking quickly or the locking mechanism breaking and rendering it useless. The link is for the white model of the same unit:

I have the larger size processor and can tell you the handle WILL break if you treat the unit rough. When you lock the bowl in do not use the handle but grip the bowl with both hands and lock it in. Kitchenaid is quality as far as my unit is concerned and for $26 you cant go wrong plus CS is good about returns. I'd buy a few myself but OOS all around me. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

None avail in all of Syracuse, NY areas

coming up as 99.99 for me an OOS. Must be a regional deal only if you are seeing a lower price online? Possibly even lower if it is in store

I haven't taken mine out of the box yet. We're mid kitchen reno- so there's enough junk in the house already that when I came home with this, DH rolled his eyes at me.

bano said:   after reading the reviews on Amazon, I'm a little concerned.

While the price may make it worth it anyway, most KitchenAid stuff that isn't actually a stand mixer is rather cheaply made in China - crock pots, hand mixers, food processors, etc.

FWIW, I do my own repairs and fixed up a KA 'Epicurean' stand mixer I'd picked up for $10 with the orbiting dealie broken. It's a poor design that will break again...

$99 in my area (New York) Your lucky you got a GREAT deal!

Full price in 91709. Congrats on a nice find

Kuchana said:   Full price in 91709. Congrats on a nice finddo you realize that this topic started over 3 months ago?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014