• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Rakuten
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What a truly awful name change.

orum said:   What a truly awful name change.

I agree! I cannot for the life of me remember how to spell that ridiculous name. How do you go from something easy, simple, and amazing like Buy.com to this crap? I hope this becomes a paragraph or two in a business book some day of a piss poor decision that ruined a company.

Was this scheduled to be announced on April 1st and released early? Of all of the stupid rebranding efforts I've seen, this one beats them all hands down. A 3 letter dictionary word on the .com TLD that is related to consumers BUYING stuff is pure gold.

I think some exec from another company manged to get hired for this rebrand, and it is actually pure sabotage.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. I wish they were still publicly traded as this would be a lock for a short.

Ok, this makes sense now. Their new marketing guy comes from Newegg and before that PC Mall.
He's getting something from one of those still and is trying to drive Buy.com competition away. Wow, he's done a good job in one year with his evil plan! bwahahahha

Bernard Luthi
Chief Marketing & Operating Officer
Bernard Luthi joined the Rakuten.com Shopping team in January 2012 and currently holds the position as Chief Marketing & Operating Officer.

Bernard received his B.A. from University of California State University Los Angeles.

Prior to Rakuten Rakuten.com Shopping, Bernard held the position of Senior Vice President for Marketing, Merchandising and Web Development at Newegg.com, Inc. He also had worked at Ingram Micro Distributing as Director of Product Marketing and at PC Mall as Vice President of Marketing and Category Management.

I thought this was the name of the pixar animated movie about the french rat.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014