• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Longtime reader first time (?) poster... please be kind...

I just picked up the Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2 64GB USB 2.0 USB Flash Drive (Staples item #472375) for $27.99 + tax at my local Staples. It is on special through 3/2/2013 for $39.99, and they honored an Office Depot in-store 30% off coupon that also expires on 3/2/13. YMMV! The cashier seemed ready to apply Staples 20% off coupon as well, although her manager was there and nixed that idea.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Kingston DataTraveler 64GB (48.21kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Staples image (10.20kB)
Thanks Squonk
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

USB 2.0 and 64GB can make for pretty slow read/write speeds for large files and apps.

Second that. These drives are slow even for USB 2.0 and transferring this much data at the slow speed makes me suffer.
Additionally 30% OD coupon acceptance is a hit or miss.
gordon6971 said:   USB 2.0 and 64GB can make for pretty slow read/write speeds for large files and apps.

sleepybubba said:   Second that. These drives are slow even for USB 2.0 and transferring this much data at the slow speed makes me suffer.
Additionally 30% OD coupon acceptance is a hit or miss.
gordon6971 said:   USB 2.0 and 64GB can make for pretty slow read/write speeds for large files and apps.

I think this is a good point if you transfer 'large' files in GBs all the time. Most of us, transfer smaller files at any one time, so the speed may not be a big issue...Also, you do get what you pay for; considering the price, not a bad deal! TY OP

Pretty agree. Maybe you can get a USB 3.0.

I will jump in too.

If you use the 64GB drive to transfer a 15GB file, of course it's going to be slow. But no slower than a 32GB drive or a 16GB drive. So the moaning and groaning has no merit.

If you transfer smaller files, the speeds will be similar to those of the lower-capacity drives. That is, if you transfer a few at a time. If you try to transfer 64GB worth in one go, we are back to square one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014